PDA

View Full Version : Can you guys tell me if these cutting ratios are okay?

mr_hand
04-08-2002, 10:36 AM
Im cutting on 3000cal per day, this is my breakdown
Lifting days= 270g pro/225g carbs/114g fat
non-lifting days= 285g pro/175g carbs/128g fat

Im just basically upping my protein and fat on non-lifting days in place of the carbs I will cut.

Does this look like it will work to buff me up for the summer?
My protein comes from tuna, chicken, turkey, beef, and cottage cheese.

my carbs from oats, brown and white rice, potatoes, and wheat bread. Also salad, and fruit.

my fats come from olive oil, nuts, peanut butter, and dressings.
Im taking creatine 5g daily, using 1 to 2 mrp per day, and whey powder to help my pro intake. Just restarted using Xenadrine pre-workout and/or exercise.
Will I finally be on my way?

Mark
04-08-2002, 01:02 PM
It's a decent starting point.

Everyone responds in a slightly different manner to diet, exercise and even supplements.

Just give it your best shot and see how you get on. If you don't get the reults you are hoping for then you need to re-evaluate.

If you have much fat to lose almost any routine will have some beneficial effect to begin with.

Stick to your routine for a month and then review your results.

Jane
04-08-2002, 01:09 PM
What are your stats right now?

mr_hand
04-08-2002, 01:22 PM
Im about 6'2 240 w/ a 38-39 inch waist. Ive been lifting for years, and playing sports for years, In the past I just always would eat what I want, and I was in decent shape, but a couple years ago, I started bulikng, and I got up to 240 ish range, and I havent been able to drop unless I really restrict my cal intake, and go big on cardio and such, but then I know I am losing muscle.