PDA

View Full Version : 6'6" Scrawny Bastaad. My Journal

Built2last
02-09-2009, 08:17 AM
I am open for any critisism anyone has, that's why I signed up here, so you guys on here can help me grow. I signed up here years ago, had a friend on here that worked out for years and years and had great results, but eventually let himself go. I've known about this place, and it's potential for years, and have been wanting to make a journal for a while but haven't been able to get serious enough with my workout to do it yet. Well, the time has come, I have a lot of spare time, and the resources to eat right. I am highly motivated and enjoy working out rather than just 'glad to get it over with'

Anyway I plan to do this for at least the next year to come, so I hope you guys enjoy my journal, I will add pictures of my progression probably months into my cycle.

Here's my workout routine, im just hitting the gym back up today, and it's been a while - so im not sure what my Max Rep on each set is just yet.

This is just my beginning week, so I wanted to go ahead and post my workout routine so you guys can take a look at it. I will post each workout for each day, day by day.

Height - 6'6"
Weight - 205
Waist - 38"
Bicep - 14"
Chest - 42"

Monday
-Squats 8 Reps x 3 Sets
-Leg Press 8 Reps x 3 Sets
-Straight Leg D/L 8 Reps x 3 Sets
-Calf Raises 8 Reps x 3 Sets
-1 Legged Calf Raises 8 Reps x 3 Sets
-Incline Situps 10 Reps x 3 Sets
-Romanian Situps(intensive) 5 Reps x 5 Sets

I would also like to note that I would really like to work on my leg workouts, find new ones, learn how to train them harder, I have scrawny legs and always have, I would like to put an end to that :P

Built2last
02-09-2009, 11:07 AM
Well the squat rack at the gym sucks, so I will be using the more dangerous technique, not using the squat rack and positioning the barbell in a fixed position on my chest. Im not sure what that technique is called, it'd be great if someone could name it off for me.

I started out light today, since it was my first day back at the gym in over a year.

Squats
115lbs x 8
115lbs x 8
115lbs x 10

Leg Press
235 x 8
235 x 8
235 x 10

Straight Leg D/L
115 x 8
115 x 8
115 x 6

Calf Raises(with weight)
235 x 8
235 x 8
235 x 8

1 Legged Calf Raises
190 x 6
190 x 6
190 x 6

Incline Situps
x10
x10
x10

Romanian Situps(decided to add some weight on the first day, oh well)

20 x 5
20 x 5
20 x 5

Now tomorrow I do chest and biceps!

Twirl
02-18-2009, 06:29 AM
How are the workouts coming along?