PDA

View Full Version : Monorack

WillKuenzel
02-09-2009, 12:44 PM
I got one. :D

I'm in the process of starting a gym and if I'm going to spend the money it was going to be on this. I already have a rack and quite a few dumbells. So I made the decision to step it up and go with this instead of just a regular monolift for safety reasons and as well versatility. This allows for so much more than just squatting and if I'm trying to maximize space and efficiency, I thought I'd do it.

It's one of the most badass things I've ever seen. Heavy as hell and huge. Really, really well made.

We're in the process of moving stuff from my garage to this warehouse. I hope to have everything ready for our first lifting session there by the end of the week. Anybody around Charleston, SC is welcome to come train!

Sidior
02-09-2009, 12:52 PM
That is drop dead sexy. You hoping to eventually open a commerical gym or more of a key club one?

WillKuenzel
02-09-2009, 01:30 PM
At the moment, it's going to be a limited "commercial" gym. I'm not hiring any employees so I can't really keep it open and I can't quite quit my current situation so it's going to have to be on limited hours. It can't be key club either because it shares space with another business and I just don't trust anybody to not **** up my good relationship with the other business owner who has graciously help to get me set up in my space.

Chris Rodgers
02-09-2009, 01:43 PM
That thing looks badass! Good luck with the new place.

Lones Green
02-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Nice hearing from you Homey, that thing is beautiful. Good luck, looks like your wife won't be complaining about your s*** in the garage too much longer!

mikesbench
02-09-2009, 02:53 PM
I can see why you took the plunge to buy that piece. Looks like you'd hardly need anything else. Good luck on getting things going in your new place!

Tom Mutaffis
02-09-2009, 04:26 PM
Nice!

Do you have bumper plates or anything?

I know a few people who live in that area.

waynedang
02-09-2009, 05:48 PM
that is nice.

Ben Moore
02-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Do you mind taking some pics of the uprights where it attaches and the mechanisms up close? That thing is pretty!

Travis Bell
02-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Really awesome HY. You're gonna love that thing

vdizenzo
02-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Best of luck with the new place.

chris mason
02-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Yeah, very cool Will!

Chris

smokinHawk
02-10-2009, 06:16 AM
yes awesome piece.

my in-laws live down there and I end up going down there a few times each year, I will defiantly have to stop by next time I am down there.
were is it at in Charleston?

=Travis=
02-10-2009, 07:39 AM
Charleston? AHAHHHHH. I was just there last week for work and would have loved to found a place to train. Nice rack.

WillKuenzel
02-10-2009, 08:03 AM
Thanks everybody! I just hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew. I've got a lot of help and a good group of guys so we have a good start.

Do you mind taking some pics of the uprights where it attaches and the mechanisms up close? That thing is pretty!I sure can. I'll try to get more pictures. What are you looking for specifically?

Nice!

Do you have bumper plates or anything?

I know a few people who live in that area.I'm in the process of getting some quotes for bumpers. I still need more weights but bumpers are high on the list.

yes awesome piece.

my in-laws live down there and I end up going down there a few times each year, I will defiantly have to stop by next time I am down there.
were is it at in Charleston?Let me know prior to y'all coming down and we'll get up. I'm hoping to get this project off the ground and running this weekend.

smokinHawk
02-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Thanks everybody! I just hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew. I've got a lot of help and a good group of guys so we have a good start.

I sure can. I'll try to get more pictures. What are you looking for specifically?

I'm in the process of getting some quotes for bumpers. I still need more weights but bumpers are high on the list.

Let me know prior to y'all coming down and we'll get up. I'm hoping to get this project off the ground and running this weekend.

defiantly will, my sister in-law is getting married this spring down there so maybe i can sneak away a few times to work out while they do all that woman stuff.

also about your bumper plates, A friend of mine has some nice calibrated Ivanko bumper plates that are either new or little used (think they were a display at his work)
i'm sure he would sell them for a fair price, If you want i can get a list of what he has and how much he is looking to sell them for.

Detard
02-10-2009, 12:20 PM
DAAAAMMMMNNN nice rack :hump:

WillKuenzel
02-17-2009, 12:57 PM
More pictures:
http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n426/HomeYield/Jan090001.jpg

2 racks, side by side:
http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n426/HomeYield/Jan090002.jpg

Another of almost everything:
http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n426/HomeYield/Jan090009.jpg

HP666
02-17-2009, 02:41 PM
I was curious as to what anyone has used the Monorack has thought about benching with it, more specifically, taking/putting the bar back on the Monolift hooks?

SELK
02-17-2009, 02:56 PM
couldn't you just use the J hooks on the non monolift side and bench with your feet facing the monolift?

i have seen some guys at my gym bench out of the monolift while using heavy band tension before mind you.

Jonah
02-17-2009, 03:20 PM
damn

HP666
02-17-2009, 03:44 PM
couldn't you just use the J hooks on the non monolift side and bench with your feet facing the monolift?

i have seen some guys at my gym bench out of the monolift while using heavy band tension before mind you.

Yes, I didn't think of that, that would work fine. I'm still curious as to the feel of using the Mono hooks.

waynedang
02-17-2009, 06:16 PM
That thing is sweeet