PDA

View Full Version : My First Powerlifting Meet on the 21st

Siked
02-09-2009, 06:31 PM
So on the 21st of Febuary I will be competing in my first powerlifting competition ever.I joined a powerlifting club in my highschool and I have been working my arse off for the past few months and already I have seen massive gains. Overall I think I will do pretty decent but I doubt I will place, but then again, I guess you never know.

I am 16 years old and a junior in high school so I will be in the varsity level instead of the junior varsity level.:bang: But thats not really that big of a deal. Also I will be in the 220-242 weight class.

The weight I am going to go for will be...

Bench: 230
Squat: 350(mabye 360)
Deadlift: 450(mabye 460)

So if I get up 360 and 460 that will bring my big total to 1050. Which sadly I will not be making state, but next year I should easily make the wieght for state. All I need is a measly 1125 total for my wieght class, pfft piece of cake.

So I just thought I will let you guys know and I will be sure to try to get some pics.

Also if anyone has any tips I could definatly use them.

EatMyWay2TheTop
02-10-2009, 03:28 AM
Good luck man, have a blast

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
02-10-2009, 06:21 AM
1. Open up with weight that you can do at least three times
2. Bring a cooler full of H20, snacks, fruit, protein,etc
3. Take 5-7 days off before the meet
4. Get a lot of rest the day before the meet
5. Have fun

RonnyB
02-10-2009, 07:40 AM
Good Luck, keep us posted.

10.5 Dave
02-10-2009, 04:38 PM
So on the 21st of Febuary I will be competing in my first powerlifting competition ever.I joined a powerlifting club in my highschool and I have been working my arse off for the past few months and already I have seen massive gains. Overall I think I will do pretty decent but I doubt I will place, but then again, I guess you never know.

I am 16 years old and a junior in high school so I will be in the varsity level instead of the junior varsity level.:bang: But thats not really that big of a deal. Also I will be in the 220-242 weight class.

The weight I am going to go for will be...

Bench: 230
Squat: 350(mabye 360)
Deadlift: 450(mabye 460)

So if I get up 360 and 460 that will bring my big total to 1050. Which sadly I will not be making state, but next year I should easily make the wieght for state. All I need is a measly 1125 total for my wieght class, pfft piece of cake.

So I just thought I will let you guys know and I will be sure to try to get some pics.

Also if anyone has any tips I could definatly use them.

My 16 yr old son has his first meet the same day as you.He's shooting for a 1200lb total at 195 if he can lose 5 pounds.If the weight doesnt come off he'll compete in the 210 class.We are both pumped up for this and cant wait to see how well he does.This is a raw meet with a belt and chalk the only gear allowed.

smokinHawk
02-13-2009, 05:57 PM
My 16 yr old son has his first meet the same day as you.He's shooting for a 1200lb total at 195 if he can lose 5 pounds.If the weight doesnt come off he'll compete in the 210 class.We are both pumped up for this and cant wait to see how well he does.This is a raw meet with a belt and chalk the only gear allowed.

what federation?

Siked
02-13-2009, 09:02 PM

Damn your son is gonna go far in the world of powerlifting. I wish him the best of luck. :clap: He blows me out of the water.