PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice, for a cut

HollywoodLime
02-10-2009, 02:42 AM
Im looking to cut my body fat % to where I can see full ab definition.

My current stats are 185lb @ 20% bodyfat, 6ft0, Male-23years.

I take Whey protein, creatine, multi-vits & cod liver oil.
I consider my self to be in good health and have been lifting 4/5 days a week for the past 6 months and made gains muscle wise, but now am looking to cut.

I need some advice on how to loose *about* 10% bodyfat i guess, carb cycling maybe? My diet is very clean, and I am very disciplined - I dont eat any junk food & only drink water. But I do find it hard to shift the weight as I have an office job :(

I can eat any foods - there are none I dislike (If i know somethings good for me, It makes me want it more)

My program currently is:
Monday - Back/Biceps
Tuesday - Chest/Triceps
Wednesday - Cardio 30mins
Thursday - Legs
Friday - Shoulders, Forearms/Abs
Saturday - Cardio 30mins
Saunday - Cardio 30mins

I have worked out my daily maintanence to be 2,517 calories (Average)

So I am just looking for some advice as to how I should cut , some views from people who have been in my shoes? Carb-cycle or not, fruit & veg at every meal etc?

Any help is appreciated, Thank you.

VikingWarlord
02-10-2009, 06:22 AM
Ok, first thing, let's run some math.

185lbs - 20%BF = 148lbs LBM

If you want to get to 10%BF, assuming negligible muscle loss:

148lbs / .9 = ~164lbs.

At 6 feet tall, that's actually kind of pathetic. My honest advice (and what others will tell you) is to keep bulking, but do it slow and clean.

If you're going to go against that advice and cut anyway, just drop your cals by about 20% below maintenance while making sure you get plenty of protein. No need to complicate things with carb cycling yet. Keep it as simple as possible until that stops working.

Your routine isn't very efficient since you're only hitting every bodypart once a week. Try BGB or WBB 1.1 instead. Doing "cardio" on days you don't lift isn't necessarily a great idea either though, since you didn't actually say what that means, I can't be sure. Read Built's article How To Do Cardio If You Must. Do some HIIT after you train and maybe some hill repeats on one of your off days. Take some days off. Your body will thank you.

HollywoodLime
02-10-2009, 06:45 AM
Thanks, But I want to cut first, I have some unwanted poundage in the mid-section I want to loose.

I will research this BGB/WBB1.1. Train each body part more than once a week?

Cardio is just stationary cycling burning roughly 500cals in 30mins on my days of.

VikingWarlord
02-10-2009, 07:06 AM
Don't ever estimate how many calories you're burning through exercise. Too many variables to even be able to ballpark it. You'll also get a better metabolic boost through HIIT after you lift.

Cardiovascular exercise is to strengthen your cardiovascular system. That's ALL.

One thing I'll add...if you bulk and add more muscle, it becomes easier to cut later.

HollywoodLime
02-10-2009, 07:47 AM
Do you have any advice as to what to include in each of my meals ?

Unreal
02-10-2009, 08:24 AM
Eat whatever you want to hit your calories/macro goals. If your maintence is 2500 start around 2200 a day. Get 150-160g of protein a day minimum and fill the rest with what makes you happy. If low carb makes it easier to stick to a diet then do it. If it makes you feel bad and hungry then don't. If high fat makes you feel full then do that. You got to find what works for you and what allows you to stick to a diet. Just remember the calorie is king and keep protein high.

HollywoodLime
02-10-2009, 09:03 AM
Thank, how does this sound?

7am
2 eggs & yolk
50grams chicken breast
50grams oats & water

10am
100grams chickenbreast
50grams oats & water

12am-1pm workout

1pm
Protein shake
50grams oats & water
Banana

3pm
1 Can Tuna in water
100grams broccoli

6pm
100grams chicken breast
100grams mixed fresh veg (carrots/cauliflour/green beans)

8:30pm
225grams low fat cottage cheese

Throw some cod liver oil in twice daily ? (2x10ml?)
Any advice on veg & fruit while cutting?

Unreal
02-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Does that diet fit your calorie/macro goals? Is it something you can eat daily and stick to? If the answers are yes then it is great. If no then revise.