PDA

View Full Version : Cush vs Crabtree

AJL11
02-10-2009, 08:07 AM
Found this over on Elite.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80ea9db1

Train with Joe Defranco or Deion Sanders?!?!?! Are you FU**ING kidding me!!! What a Joke.

Might have to buy NFL network just so I can watch Cush at the Combine......

WillNoble
02-10-2009, 09:27 AM
brian cushing is going to be a great NFL player, thats for certain.

As will crabtree, but crabtree will do it more on god-given ability, whereas cushing will get there with hard work and brute strength. He will be scary good IMO

KarstenDD
02-10-2009, 08:36 PM
I really don't see a problem with Crabtree training with Deion Sanders. I'm sure he knows ways to help kids transition from college to the pros. Am I a fan? No. But I'm sure having Deion Sanders and Jerry Rice help get the best wide receiver in college football last season has some benefits that Defranco can't possibly provide. Either way both Crabtree and Cushing are scary good and I'm sure they'll do well at the next level. Can't say I care how either of them do at the combine though.

AJL11
02-11-2009, 08:32 AM
I agree, training with "Primetime" will benefit Crabtree tremendously.....Hopefully he can get his CD to drop before camp.....

WillNoble
02-11-2009, 11:03 AM
I really don't see a problem with Crabtree training with Deion Sanders. I'm sure he knows ways to help kids transition from college to the pros. Am I a fan? No. But I'm sure having Deion Sanders and Jerry Rice help get the best wide receiver in college football last season has some benefits that Defranco can't possibly provide. Either way both Crabtree and Cushing are scary good and I'm sure they'll do well at the next level. Can't say I care how either of them do at the combine though.

Im skeptical of both prime time and rice...is this a reflection of them as players... no, as individuals... maybe, as coaches... most definitely.

Ive not heard of any others they have worked with, and while they may have been the greats (in Jerry's case, the Greatest of All Time at WR) that doesnt make them a top coach. Again its my opinion, but hey, they couldve worked with many others who have seen success that ive just never heard of.

Now in terms of mentoring, I could imagine no greater assets than both of them, especially Deion, just do the opposite of everything he tells you to do...

That and Im an admitted Defranco's groupie, that guy has a proven track record and has help made several guys, millions and millions of dollars...

KarstenDD
02-11-2009, 11:27 AM
I don't like combine prep at all. And I don't like all the unquestionable love Defranco gets. Will Defranco do a better job of getting Cushing's numbers up? Without a doubt. And he will do a much better job than Neon Deion. I know there are a bunch of wide outs and DBs that he coaches. I'm sure he does know something about what he's doing, or at least has some people working for him that do. Jerry Rice helping with route running really stood out to me though.

WillNoble
02-11-2009, 11:32 AM
I don't like combine prep at all

The sad reality is this makes all the difference in the NFL

TUEFELHUNDEN
02-11-2009, 12:01 PM
I am sure "Prime" can have a great, positive impact on Crabtee's life and career.... Alot like Pacman.

AJL11
02-11-2009, 12:12 PM
Jerry Rice helping with route running really stood out to me though.

This will def. be very beneficial for him....Cleaning up his routes for position drills in Indy will for sure add more 0s to his signing bonus.

schmitty199
02-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Found this over on Elite.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80ea9db1

Train with Joe Defranco or Deion Sanders?!?!?! Are you FU**ING kidding me!!! What a Joke.

Might have to buy NFL network just so I can watch Cush at the Combine......

Im not following the bashing on Crabtree here. From strength training wise yeah it's DeFranco no doubt, but Deion and Rice can teach Crabtree so many on the field things that DeFranco couldnt even dream of. There's just no subsitute for learning from the best WR of all time, and one of the if not the greatest CB of all time.

WillNoble
02-11-2009, 05:37 PM
There's just no subsitute for learning from the best WR of all time, and one of the if not the greatest CB of all time.

Following your logic would mean that they would make the best coaches available...

Judging from NFL sidelines the vast majority of elite coaches, were not among NFL player elite.

Just because you were a great ballplayer does not mean you will make a great coach.

WillNoble
02-11-2009, 05:54 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d808b4762

Hmmmmm looks like Deion has been working with some of the true greats........ Pacman Jones.... Are you f'ing kidding me?

Ben Moore
02-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Quit picking on the little guys will.

KingJustin
02-14-2009, 09:49 AM
That video made it seem like Cush was doing DeFranco a favor by still training with him, and that he was just putting in the hours and the hard work and training like Rocky. I think DeFranco might be the very best strength & conditioning coach an athlete like that could have, and I think the workouts he's putting his players through are proven and the most efficient way to get to the top. He's making these guys work smart just as much as work hard.

cphafner
02-14-2009, 10:41 AM
That video made it seem like Cush was doing DeFranco a favor by still training with him,

I didn't see it that way at all.

TKisner
02-19-2009, 02:21 PM
Cushing has been working out with Defranco for years. Im suprised no one brought this up.

WillNoble
02-19-2009, 02:29 PM
Cushing has been working out with Defranco for years. Im suprised no one brought this up.

yeah he's mentioned in most, if not all of the WS4SB articles

KingJustin
02-21-2009, 10:43 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/news/story?id=3923924
Crabtree injured.

AJL11
02-22-2009, 04:14 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/news/story?id=3923924
Crabtree injured.

Saw that.......

I would blame it on PrimeTime......

AJL11
02-25-2009, 12:07 PM
Here are the results

http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers?tabIndex=1#tp-tab-set-1:tp-grid-container-forty-yard-dash

WillNoble
02-25-2009, 12:20 PM
That safety that got 32 reps is a beast...

AJL11
02-25-2009, 12:28 PM
No joke....

We should have a combine at 1-0-7.....See how many of us can pull a hammy or tear a knee...

WillNoble
02-25-2009, 12:33 PM
No joke....

We should have a combine at 1-0-7.....See how many of us can pull a hammy or tear a knee...

The last time that happened was when I went out for rugby, 3 scrimmages and one game later I dislocated my knee, and it still aint right...

schmitty199
04-03-2009, 05:23 PM
Following your logic would mean that they would make the best coaches available...

Judging from NFL sidelines the vast majority of elite coaches, were not among NFL player elite.

Just because you were a great ballplayer does not mean you will make a great coach.

Lets not put words in my mouth here, I didnt say Rice and Sanders would make great coaches. I said they can teach Crabtree many on the field things, as in the "in's and outs" of the position. Im talking Rice and Sanders as more Crabtrees position coaches, because they know pretty much everything there is to know about his position. But as coordinators or head coaches who knows, they could be absolutely terrible coaches despite their position knowledge.

schmitty199
04-03-2009, 05:27 PM
And back on the Cushing topic, rumors are flying Cushing failed a steroid test. Anyone seen this confirmed?

rainjack
04-04-2009, 07:25 AM
The sad reality is this makes all the difference in the NFL

It makes all the difference on draft day. The combines don't matter one bit after that. The combines are the SAT's and the ACT's of the NFL.

joey54
04-04-2009, 08:38 AM
I mentioned something about Cushing training under Defranco quite a few months ago in a thread about WFSB.

As for steroid use allegations, who freaking cares. If you have sen Bigger, Stronger, Faster; and even if you haven't, this should come as no surprise. A lot of what has been accomplished in athletics and sports has been the results of hard work and steroids. Most of the great powerlifting numbers produced are by individuals who have used steroids, but to me that doesn't diminish them in one bit. The individual still needs to put forth the work. Cushing obviously has put in his time based on every video posted of him working out, and his combine results. But, Mike Mamula and Vernon Davis had great combines as well, so just that alone won't make one an NFL success. He was an outstanding college player, and Matthews had a great senior year, but further judegments about these guys as players will need to be reserved for a few years down the line. I did love how they both ate up PSU in the Rose Bowl this year.

joey54
04-04-2009, 08:39 AM
It makes all the difference on draft day. The combines don't matter one bit after that. The combines are the SAT's and the ACT's of the NFL.

Well put!

cphafner
04-04-2009, 01:25 PM
Rumors are false.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Au0kmjeJTSRjEwyx.knkAks5nYcB?slug=jc-combinedrugs040309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

How can these other idiots be dumb enough to smoke weed within a month of the draft. Put it down for a while.

WillNoble
04-04-2009, 05:25 PM

Yes and a good draft day can make the difference between 50 million dollars and 500 thousand dollars...

WillNoble
04-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Lets not put words in my mouth here, I didnt say Rice and Sanders would make great coaches. I said they can teach Crabtree many on the field things, as in the "in's and outs" of the position. Im talking Rice and Sanders as more Crabtrees position coaches, because they know pretty much everything there is to know about his position. But as coordinators or head coaches who knows, they could be absolutely terrible coaches despite their position knowledge.

Thats exactly what you are saying... lets dissect your statement here:

they know pretty much everything there is to know about his position.

So following this logic, it makes them the best possible coach...

But as coordinators or head coaches who knows, they could be absolutely terrible coaches despite their position knowledge.

Will not disagree this point, but they aren't position coaches now either, are they?

Lets not put words in my mouth here, I didnt say Rice and Sanders would make great coaches.

Based on your prior statements from the same paragraph, it seems you are making statements, not me putting words into your mouth, kid.

WillNoble
04-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Rumors are false.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Au0kmjeJTSRjEwyx.knkAks5nYcB?slug=jc-combinedrugs040309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

How can these other idiots be dumb enough to smoke weed within a month of the draft. Put it down for a while.

no kidding, BJ Raji is an idiot... he could have been a top 5 pick.

Watched film of USC's Pro Day:

Mauluga and Cush have solidified themselves as first round picks...

Sanchez (based solely on this performance) may have passed up stafford, he looked ridiculous, but he is working with the same coaches and receivers he's had thru his entire time at USC

Mike G
04-04-2009, 05:35 PM

The combine is still relevant after the draft. Guys that have great combines and move up in the draft can kill teams if they don't produce on the field. This is even more so when a team drafts based on the combine over a guy that actually produced on the field.

Considering the difference in money between a first round pick and a later pick, it is harder to cut a player and clean your hands. Most teams feel the need to keep giving first rounders a chance to justify the money and when it comes to QB's especially, that can put teams years behind. With the amount of money first rounders are making, it also hurts teams in the off season.

EliteAthlete34
04-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Im skeptical of both prime time and rice...is this a reflection of them as players... no, as individuals... maybe, as coaches... most definitely.

Ive not heard of any others they have worked with, and while they may have been the greats (in Jerry's case, the Greatest of All Time at WR) that doesnt make them a top coach. Again its my opinion, but hey, they couldve worked with many others who have seen success that ive just never heard of.

Now in terms of mentoring, I could imagine no greater assets than both of them, especially Deion, just do the opposite of everything he tells you to do...

That and Im an admitted Defranco's groupie, that guy has a proven track record and has help made several guys, millions and millions of dollars...

I love Joe and he can be a huge asset in terms of strength and conditioning. But you are talking about a kid who already has major god given gifts. Deion and Jerry can provide him insight as to how to be a great NFL receiver that Joe could never provide. Joe can not teach him to run a route or catch a ball the way Rice can. Rod Woodson may be the only guy out there who could give you an equal amount of insight as Deion on who a DB is going to try to play you and teach the receiver how to counter and beat it. Being a physical freak doesn't assure your success in a team sport. Learning how to play NFL football is going to be the most important thing for Mike at this point.

cphafner
04-25-2009, 03:46 PM
Crabtree 10

Cushing 15

WillNoble
04-25-2009, 05:41 PM
yep, knew they would both go high, I was shocked to see who picked up Cush though, very interesting