PDA

View Full Version : How much fat while bulking

Whuditdew
02-10-2009, 09:45 PM
How much fat should you expect to gain while bulking? How visibly noticeable is it. I wouldn't care much normally, but I own a pool and spend a good amount of time with my shirt off and even a little fat makes a big difference.

VikingWarlord
02-10-2009, 09:53 PM
It depends entirely on your body coupled with how far above maintenance you go when you bulk. In other words, this question is impossible to answer.

If you look like you're gaining too much fat, back off the calories.

Mercuryblade
02-10-2009, 11:54 PM
Yep, what VikingWarlord said.
It's entirely dependent on how you eat, your genetics etc...

Don't be afraid of getting a little fat in order to put on some muscle.

hellagrant
02-11-2009, 02:53 AM
Just don't do a dirty bulk. Bulk up clean so that most of your gains are muscle. Then when you cut, you won't have too much fat to work away.

RichMcGuire
02-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Just don't do a dirty bulk. Bulk up clean so that most of your gains are muscle. Then when you cut, you won't have too much fat to work away.

How exactly would a dirty bulk make you fatter than a clean one? Excess kcals are excess kcals. You can go on a dirty bulk and gain very little fat as long as you dont go too far over on kcals.. same thing as a clean bulk.

VikingWarlord
02-11-2009, 05:13 PM
How exactly would a dirty bulk make you fatter than a clean one? Excess kcals are excess kcals. You can go on a dirty bulk and gain very little fat as long as you dont go too far over on kcals.. same thing as a clean bulk.

A dirty bulk doesn't refer to the content of what you eat but how much...eating anything that isn't nailed down as opposed to eating, say, 20% over maintenance.

RichMcGuire
02-11-2009, 06:52 PM
A dirty bulk doesn't refer to the content of what you eat but how much...eating anything that isn't nailed down as opposed to eating, say, 20% over maintenance.

I was under the impression a dirty bulk is eating anything you want.. with the amount of kcals in mind. A dirty bulk could include a double cheeseburger... but you can still limit yourself on kcals. Although I know a lot of people dont worry about how much fat they out on with a dirty bulk. Take a look at my journal. Mine was a dirty bulk but I still payed attention to how many kcals I took in.. but my diet consisted of beer and McDonalds, lol.

VikingWarlord
02-11-2009, 07:35 PM
I was under the impression a dirty bulk is eating anything you want.. with the amount of kcals in mind. A dirty bulk could include a double cheeseburger... but you can still limit yourself on kcals. Although I know a lot of people dont worry about how much fat they out on with a dirty bulk. Take a look at my journal. Mine was a dirty bulk but I still payed attention to how many kcals I took in.. but my diet consisted of beer and McDonalds, lol.

I've seen some people that use the term that way but have seen a lot more using the definition I mentioned. Hell, this site is where I first heard the term and that's what they meant at the time.

MarkTaylor
02-13-2009, 01:47 AM
It entirely depends on your body type and your digestion system.