PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready to do a 20lb cut..

slick
02-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Hey guys.. haven't been too active recently been really busy with school (nursing) and lifting.. but I come back to seek some support and advice while I start this venture.

Being that at our dining hall for school, we are allowed three meals a day, and I usually hit 3 meals, breakfast lunch and dinner, or atleast breakfast and dinner, my diet is pretty routine. Each meal i have two glasses of skim milk.

Breakfast looks like : Egg omelet with 2 slices of american cheese, a whole wheat bagel with butter and peanut butter (toasted), and a small bowl of granola and yogurt. two glasses of skim milk

Lunch: Grilled chicken wrap, or grilled chicken breast, or something chicken (dont eat the skin), medium sized salad, sometimes same granola and yogurt combo as breakfast, and again, two glasses of skim milk.

Dinner is very similar to lunch.

Last semester when i was tracking calories on fitday, i got lazy this semester and stopped, I was on the same diet, hitting around 3000 ish calories a day.

Right now im up to around 210lbs, 5'9.5-5'10. Not sure what my body fat is, but I was just reading another post where a user in the thread did a calculation as to how much is lean body mass, and I want to get my body fat to 10 percent, shredded.

Ok, first thing, let's run some math.

185lbs - 20%BF = 148lbs LBM

If you want to get to 10%BF, assuming negligible muscle loss:

148lbs / .9 = ~164lbs.

So I am thinking of dropping about 500 calories a day out of my diet.

If I take out the milk drinking (86 calories per cup, 2 cups in a 16 oz glass, times 6 total glasses of milk) and replace that with water with my meals, that should do it correct?

What other foods should I avoid?

Jorge Sanchez
02-11-2009, 02:12 PM
If you get rid of the milk you're going to be seriously lacking in the protein department. I would switch to whole or 2% milk. Skim milk has a poor carb:fat ratio.

Instead of dropping the milk, I would get rid of all the granola and the bagel for breakfast. Replace it with an extra omelet or two.

slick
02-11-2009, 06:00 PM
If you get rid of the milk you're going to be seriously lacking in the protein department. I would switch to whole or 2% milk. Skim milk has a poor carb:fat ratio.

Instead of dropping the milk, I would get rid of all the granola and the bagel for breakfast. Replace it with an extra omelet or two.

got ya..yeah the granola was good for bulking.. good clean cals/nuts/oats/etc

vdizenzo
02-12-2009, 07:56 AM
Maybe cut out the bagel for whole wheat toast. When I am trying to firm up I just try and make better choices. I know this is heavily debated but I think 6 meals a day is better for your purposes than 3. I know you are on a food plan, but couldn't you add in maybe two scoops of a good protein like Nitrean in a day. You can just keep it in a shaker and add water.

slick
02-12-2009, 10:31 AM
forgot to add, i have about 2/3 left of Nitor, i began taking them but stopped because i wasn't feeling too good sometimes.

And I am taking Nitrean, and Results.

Guess ill cut out for some better food choices, and add 3 shakes a day?

HILL
02-13-2009, 03:34 PM
have a search on google for dave palumbo's keto diet. its 6 simple meals a day and easy to stick to once you reach ketosis. you get 1 cheat meal a week. i have droped 16 pounds since 5th jan.

acelong
02-20-2009, 09:30 PM
i think so