PDA

View Full Version : squat briefs?

SoreFoot8343
02-13-2009, 04:47 PM
Do squat briefs really help if you stand @ or a little wider than shoulder width? and am i better off with single or dbl ply on them? I'm considering on buying a pair.
Thanks

Dingus
02-13-2009, 04:54 PM
I have a single ply suit that helped and I didn't squat too wide so I don't see why single ply briefs wouldn't help you, you could also just get a z-suit. I have cheap 2 ply briefs and they help quite a bit but in them I widened my stance.

SoreFoot8343
02-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Hey thanks for the reply :)

Lones Green
02-13-2009, 07:46 PM
You'll get more hips wide

SoreFoot8343
02-13-2009, 08:24 PM
yeah theres no way i can go wide it's amazing i can even stand conventional and squat lol lol

Reko
02-14-2009, 01:05 AM
You'll get more hips wide
Even with those titan suits/briefs where the guys don't really squat that wide (comparatively)?

Lones Green
02-14-2009, 08:55 AM
Even with those titan suits/briefs where the guys don't really squat that wide (comparatively)?

I have no idea about that s***, LOL, I'd say if it was designed for a close stance then it'd be better used for that...I know the boss suit guys get good support out of wide, but I'm not familiar with the single ply stuff.

Lones Green
02-14-2009, 08:57 AM
yeah theres no way i can go wide it's amazing i can even stand conventional and squat lol lol

I understand your circumstance. If I were you I would probably just squat raw. I wouldn't complicate the squat any more than it already is going to be with your circumstances, you know?

But again, there are so many factors with your situation. I'm sure I could help you solve the problem in person a lot better than I can over the internet!

Dingus
02-14-2009, 12:13 PM

Almost all the single ply **** you get more from a moderate stance. The idea with those is fast squatting and getting a rebound out of the whole.

SoreFoot8343
02-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Well Lones, if i get this job with Big G. I'm gonna ask Brent if I can start training out of Cell Block since the company I'm looking to go to is only 30 miles away in shelbyville. You just might get that chance to throw your extense knowledge of PLing this way so I can get the most out of it :) I know your good with thinking outside the box.