PDA

View Full Version : Making Complications out of something simple

Michigan
02-14-2009, 09:39 AM
I need a little advice. I tend make the easiest stuff complicated (sorry for the questions in advance, yes I have been doing lots of reading but it just seems like there is so much to know about lifting) I'm 19, 5'9-5'10ish, and i think im at around 16-17% bf. I really want to gain some weight because I am skinny...so i started that rippetoe routine....now here's the story with my body composition...I have skinny arms, legs, shoulders etc...but i have a small gut as well...now its not noticeable with a shirt on...but when i take it off its there...and i realize that the more i eat...the bigger ill get...the more fat ill put on..the bigger my gut will get....So that's that...I hope someone can give me some advice on that...

now about the supplements, I'm trying to eat about 3000 to 3500 cals a day. This gets really hard for me though when I'm studying and in class all day. So I came across that weight gainer 2200 from GNC..it seems like a good product because itll help me add more cals to my diet...but I hear most of you say that its best to just make your own weight gainer shake like that bako shake.... Isn't there a lot of fat in that shake though? that weight gainer 2200 has like 17 grams of fat which seems very good. And now about the whey protein....I take that EAS 100% whey right after workouts....I dont usually take it anytime else because i'm eating high protein foods all the time...but is it recommended to take whey everyday...there is like 120 cals per shake in that EAS which seems like nothing and it fills me up fast when i take it with milk...As far as pre-workout snacks go...I've heard so many things from.....Whey with milk to just simply eating some fruit...what do you suggest?

Again....I'm so sorry for asking all these questions...im just really confused on how all this stuff works and what i should be doing...Im hearing so many different things I don't know what to follow....THanks

VikingWarlord
02-14-2009, 10:29 AM
You should be putting as much stuff in your face as possible.

The Bako Shake contains primarily unsaturated fats which are fine. Store bought weight gainer shakes are loaded with sugars which are not fine. In addition, it's cheaper to throw a bunch of **** in a blender, then you can afford to buy MORE stuff to cram down your food hole. It's like the circle of life.

Michigan
02-14-2009, 04:18 PM
What about the whey protein?

VikingWarlord
02-14-2009, 04:23 PM
Use it, don't use it...whatever. A small amount of protein plus some dextrose or maltodextrin shortly before a workout will help a little. Or just eat something more complex 2 hours or so before. You're not far enough along to have to worry too much about these kinds of details so don't worry too much about them, it'll just serve to confuse you.

Bako Lifter
02-18-2009, 01:16 AM
Bako shakes ftw.

VikingWarlord
02-18-2009, 05:23 AM
Bako shakes ftw.

Yeah, I'm pimpin' you, tiny. ;)

acelong
02-20-2009, 09:29 PM
hehe