PDA

View Full Version : AJ Schroeder 455 For Reps

Eric Downey
02-14-2009, 01:20 PM
AT THE END OF A LONG WORKOUT

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aTtolUL4hvw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aTtolUL4hvw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Travis Bell
02-14-2009, 01:37 PM
Very impressive. What's his best single?

Eric Downey
02-14-2009, 01:39 PM
Ive Seen Him Do A Easy 550 But He Is Stronger Now

Cyrus Ford
02-14-2009, 02:13 PM
That's on another level. Strong set.

Brian Hopper
02-14-2009, 03:01 PM
That is crazy!

Ryano
02-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Crazy strong, no doubt. I certainly don't mean any disrespect by this, but why, with all the "rep" video's coming out, do people only do 1/2 to 3/4 reps? Most do not lockout each lift. It seems to me that you are cheating yourself, especially your lockout, by not completely locking out each rep. Again, I mean no disrespect to A.J. or anyone else, but a rep is a rep, if it's locked out.

vdizenzo
02-14-2009, 04:19 PM
Crazy strong, no doubt. I certainly don't mean any disrespect by this, but why, with all the "rep" video's coming out, do people only do 1/2 to 3/4 reps? Most do not lockout each lift. It seems to me that you are cheating yourself, especially your lockout, by not completely locking out each rep. Again, I mean no disrespect to A.J. or anyone else, but a rep is a rep, if it's locked out.

It's a training vid and an impressive feat of strength. Personally I do so much lockout work that when I do reps I do not feel it necessary to completely lock out each rep. All these vids are not meets. Let's not get our panties in a twist over it.

Ryano
02-14-2009, 04:43 PM
Vinny, I agree it is an impressive feat of strength. I also realize it's a training video and not meet a meet video. I said I meant no disrespect to anyone. Even for training, it just seems to me you should lockout every rep. If for nothing else, just muscle memory. I don't know about you guys at Southside, but I don't wear "panties". LOL

vdizenzo
02-14-2009, 05:52 PM
I don't know about you guys at Southside, but I don't wear "panties". LOL

You are missing out.

Travis Bell
02-14-2009, 10:44 PM
Vinny, I agree it is an impressive feat of strength. I also realize it's a training video and not meet a meet video. I said I meant no disrespect to anyone. Even for training, it just seems to me you should lockout every rep. If for nothing else, just muscle memory. I don't know about you guys at Southside, but I don't wear "panties". LOL

now now, no reason to insult the guys at Southside. I think if you check out the results that come out of there, it certainly doesn't appear they wear panties much

Ryano, I'm inclined to agree with you, but that said it depends on a person's goals or application rather. When I'm preparing for a shirted meet, I don't focus quite as much on my raw lockout, but when I'm preparing for a raw meet, I do focus on making every rep very strict because it gives me a much more clear interpretation of where I'm at strength wise.

Right now I'm trying to bring up both my raw strength as well as my shirted strength so my rep sets are pretty strict, but it all really depends on the application. We're not talking about AJ (the video in question) doing half reps by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe he cut a little, if anything off his lockout, but its nothing worth getting worried about. If the guy is good for a 550 raw bench, I'd say it's working very well for him

Painzer
02-14-2009, 10:51 PM
Seriously impressive show of strength... Manhandled that 455...

chris mason
02-15-2009, 08:56 AM

I disagree. Think about your statement if you related it to board presses, floor presses, pin presses etc. Working portions of the ROM can be a very effective training tool. As you know, the lockout is primarily triceps. With raw pressing the lockout is almost never the limiting factor, so not completely locking out when repping with raw benching is not really a problem. Trust me when I tell you these same guys always lockout their low rep sets thus getting in the full ROM work.

Eric Downey
02-15-2009, 03:57 PM
I disagree. Think about your statement if you related it to board presses, floor presses, pin presses etc. Working portions of the ROM can be a very effective training tool. As you know, the lockout is primarily triceps. With raw pressing the lockout is almost never the limiting factor, so not completely locking out when repping with raw benching is not really a problem. Trust me when I tell you these same guys always lockout their low rep sets thus getting in the full ROM work.

well put chris

chris mason
02-15-2009, 07:06 PM
Thanks Eric!

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
02-16-2009, 05:58 AM
That's impressive!!!

smokinHawk
02-16-2009, 06:09 AM
You are missing out.

pics or it didnt happen.