02-14-2009, 06:05 PM
Critiques welcome and encouraged!

qW76844HAP4

Cards
02-15-2009, 09:08 AM
nice lift man 275 for a doubles sick.

ELmx479
02-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Dude, those weights are fake!! J/K. Props to you man. You weigh less than me and can bench more. :thumbup:

galileo
02-15-2009, 09:35 AM
Obviously a pretty strong lift. You can probably increase a good bit by optimizing your path. Get your elbows into your body a bit more, squeeze your shoulder blades, etc.

Great job.

Travis Bell
02-15-2009, 08:12 PM
galileo hit it on the head. Really tuck those elbows in more

The other thing is you need to come down smoother. You come down really slow, and then collapse the last inch or two. Don't do that. You want to come down faster at the beginning, but keep it smooth throughout the whole down phase

Painzer
02-15-2009, 08:16 PM
Ok, thanks guys. I will work on those things.

I feel like my set up is pretty tight... I know my shoulder blades are squeezed together, just gotta work on getting the elbows in...

Travis, is there a good way to work on speed? I just feel like I'm more in control when I lower the bar slower than that... any way to get used to lowering the weight with more speed?

Travis Bell
02-15-2009, 08:34 PM
It's more mental than anything else. You just have to force yourself to lower it faster

Painzer
02-15-2009, 08:37 PM
Ok, after watching the video again, I noticed my descent speed on the 2nd rep was faster than the first. In fact, it's almost a full second faster... How is the speed on the second rep?

gymdogg21
02-16-2009, 04:51 PM
Painzer, nice job. Like Travis said, bar speed can be mental, and you will have to force yourself to increase the speed. I have the same problem, so along with practicing moving the bar faster, I also use stretch bands on a seperate day to help with this problem. Check out Westside's website for Dynamic Effort workouts. The methods work!

smokinHawk
02-17-2009, 06:24 AM
galileo hit it on the head. Really tuck those elbows in more

The other thing is you need to come down smoother. You come down really slow, and then collapse the last inch or two. Don't do that. You want to come down faster at the beginning, but keep it smooth throughout the whole down phase
with him benching raw i dont think he needs to tuck in his elbows much more. they dont seem ridiculously flared or anything.
and yes defiantly needs to come down smoother.