PDA

View Full Version : Squat suit and briefs?

bojackson
02-16-2009, 12:03 AM
what is the benefit of one versus the other. what should be my first purchase?
what brand and how do i size?..thanks for the help...

Tom Mutaffis
02-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Squat suits will give you more carryover to the lift as opposed to briefs which are only a lower body support; and they can be used in conjunction.

If you are looking for something to use for a powerlifting meet then I would get a full squat suit since it will be more effective at boosting your numbers.

Brand suggestions I will leave up to someone else with more experience but the big three are Metal, Titan, and Inzer. Sizing can be done through the manufactuer.

Brian Hopper
02-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Squat suits will give you more carryover to the lift as opposed to briefs which are only a lower body support; and they can be used in conjunction.

If you are looking for something to use for a powerlifting meet then I would get a full squat suit since it will be more effective at boosting your numbers.

Brand suggestions I will leave up to someone else with more experience but the big three are Metal, Titan, and Inzer. Sizing can be done through the manufactuer.

I agree 100%. Do you plan on getting both or just one? As far as brand I have only used Titan and I'm wearing BOSS briefs with a Super Centurion squat suit and I love them. But I do want to try the METAL ACE Pro Squatter and ACE briefs.

bojackson
02-17-2009, 06:05 AM
i thought i would go ahead and get both sine i have no point of reference and completely open mind sineimnew to the whole gear deal. is a quat legal in most contests, seeing that it isnt a raw meet?....should my first meet be raw or geared?..thans for the responses guys

Lones Green
02-17-2009, 06:35 AM
i thought i would go ahead and get both sine i have no point of reference and completely open mind sineimnew to the whole gear deal. is a quat legal in most contests, seeing that it isnt a raw meet?....should my first meet be raw or geared?..thans for the responses guys

Honestly, you should probably do a bit of research first and foremost.

Brian Hopper
02-17-2009, 09:01 AM
wether you do a raw or gear meet for your first is up to you. If you havent trained in gear then I would recommend going with single ply gear, just to get a feel on how the gear works. Once again I would go with Titan gear, from the research I have done, it looks like they make the best single ply squat suits. Not to mention mine is a single ply and I love it. As far as briefs I never wore Titan single ply briefs but im sure they are just as good. If you are interested in Titan gear I would contact Ken Anderson, he is the best.

bojackson
02-17-2009, 09:17 AM
thanks guys..and sorry for the crappy typing in my last post. i will check into titan...

Brian Hopper
02-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Also, check out Metal and Inzer. I only recommend Titan because those are the only Squat suits and Briefs I have ever worn, and I feel more comfortable with. If I were you I would definitley do some research on all three companys and pick which one best fits your needs. I hope I didnt confuse you now.