PDA

View Full Version : Trying to bulk, having some problems.

aaronis
02-16-2009, 06:20 PM
Hello everybody this is my first post so be easy on me. And sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

I am 25 years old, weigh 148lbs, and am 5'10". I have high metabolism. I want to gain muscle and look bigger. I started working out lifting about 6 months ago when I weighed 125lbs. So I have gained, but the gaining has stopped.

Even though I gained some, I am still too small for my liking. I eat about 2500-3000 calories a day, with protein and a weight gainer and workout M,T,TH,F. So should I eat more? I also work full time so it is hard to constantly eat to consume more.

Also, my workout has consisted of weightlifing only. Is it necessary for me to do any cardio? Will doing cardio make my muscle leaner or will it just burn too many calories and make it that more difficult.

Any suggestions?

aaronis.

T FLEX
02-16-2009, 07:05 PM
...So should I eat more? ...

That's exactly what you should do. First you need to know how many calories you are eating. There is a big difference between 2500 and 3000K. Track your calories for a week and make sure you are taking in at least 3000K. If you gain weight keep at that amount until you stop gaining again and then increase your intake to 3200-3500K. Anytime you stop making gains it means it's time to start eating more. :burger:

aaronis
02-16-2009, 09:47 PM
ok. Thanks for that. I also looked at your hard gainer food menu. It looks like you got some good experience with this kind of stuff. My only problem is I am lactose intolerant, so no milk; i'm also allergic to fried eggs, and bananas. I will just have to find a way around it I guess.

As far as lunch goes, if it's not my day off then I'm going to have to eat out. There is no refriderator at work. This should be fine as long as I fill up I think.

jreed110
02-17-2009, 08:41 AM
You sound like you've gained nicely as it is, personally I'd stick with what you're doing and you may get away without putting much fat on.

T FLEX
02-17-2009, 08:58 PM
...As far as lunch goes, if it's not my day off then I'm going to have to eat out. There is no refriderator at work. This should be fine as long as I fill up I think.

As long as you are getting enough calories for the day you should be fine if some time lapses between your meals on work days. There are plenty of foods that don't need to be refrigerated that you can still keep at you desk or station. Nuts or trail mix, PB sandwiches, jar of PB and a spoon, OREOS (mmmmm) and stuff like that. Unless you're not allowed to eat off break. There have also been some recent technological advancements made in portable devices that are able to keep food cold for extended periods of time. Oh what are they called... oh yeah, coolers! :D Pack your lunch! It's cheaper and more convenient.

Whatever you decide to do I wouldn't worry about it too much. You'll be just fine. :)