PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have tips for walking out ME weights?

Big o Boy
02-16-2009, 11:15 PM
Just wondering what techniques you guys practice when you walk out your weights in full gear.

I just started with the knee wraps last week and it felt pretty unstable walking out 515 (not on the torso side, just the legs/knees). I already try to walk it out with as little effort possible. I step back close to the rack- 3-step manuever into place. I guess specific questions would be,

-what is your breathing technique?
-are you twisting your hips to move your legs?
-are your knees flexed/locked?

Just wondering which would be the best way to do this without busting my face going for my next PR. :thumbup:

Ben Moore
02-16-2009, 11:21 PM
monolift ;)

Eric Downey
02-17-2009, 02:04 AM
My raw and geared walk out is the same . Just keep working on it

Lones Green
02-17-2009, 03:21 AM
I've walked out 675 with reverse monster mini's, think thats my highest.

I do this:
-big breath
-bring my hips through as if I was squatting on a monolift
-take 1 step back on each leg
-let my air out
-make sure my feet are planted right
-big air
-squat

bigdayday
02-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Sounds like you are already setting up as efficently as possible. Remember to hold your air and stay tight while you set up. It really sounds like you should try some heavy walk outs to get use to setting up and handling heavy weights.

Big o Boy
02-17-2009, 09:24 PM
Thanks Lones, sounds a lot like what I do (+1 step), I just need more work with the heavy weights.

Oh, and Ben, I'm all for a monolift in USAPL. ;)

Reko
02-17-2009, 09:29 PM
The best way I have ever done it was done slow.
Deep breath, unrack it liek a mono, take a small step back, plant it get set, take a bigger step back with the other foot, plant it get set then bring a short step back with the other foot, then breath again and squat.
kind of like you are a giant. make the steps deliberate and solid before going to the next one.

Big o Boy
02-17-2009, 09:32 PM
Thanks Reko, sounds good. I'll be thinking Stay-Puff marshmallow man all the way. :thumbup: