View Full Version : Protein In School
Im trying to increase my protein intake to about 150g. In the morning I get about 25g protein for breakfast. For lunch another 25g and about 30g or so at dinner. I also have one protein shake a day with 20g. I also have a chance for some food at around 10.30 and then another at 4.00. It's these two times that I'm unsure of what to eat to deliver 25-30g of protein as they have to be pre-prepared and brought to school with me. I was wondering if anyone has an ideas of food I could eat at these times. Thanks.
02-17-2009, 11:11 AM
Jerky, nuts, shakes, yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese, milk, homemade protein bars.
02-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Or, and here's a novel idea, eat more at mealtime! zomgwtfbbq!!!!
02-17-2009, 04:55 PM
Some options for your portable meals:
- Grilled Chicken
- Turkey Sandwich with Cheese on 100% Whole Wheat
- Bottle of Skim Milk with 1 scoop protein powder
- Natural Peanut butter sandwich on wheat bread (add banana if you're Elvis)
- Protein Bars (homemade ones are the best option)
- Store bought wraps (Target sells a pretty tasty grilled chicken wrap for $3.50)
- Can of soup, strait from can (look around and you can find some with about 24 grams protein)
- Can of tuna fish
There are plenty of other options as well if you have some small ziplock containers and time to cook some food up the night before.
02-17-2009, 06:18 PM
You could just use 3 scoops of whey in your shakes instead of one and get an extra 40 grams
02-18-2009, 04:09 AM
+1 to everything said so far.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.