PDA

View Full Version : Question About Protein Shakes

chromium6
04-08-2002, 08:37 PM
I have a question about Protein shakes. Due to well pure laziness and injuries from football. I let myself get upto 315 I am 6'3 my lowest weigh was 240, But I have started training once again and for the past 3 months I have been training hard. My question is, Seeing as I still have a large amount of body fat, Should I be taking protein shakes????????? Or should I weight a long while. Just asking. I have heard that since protein shakes contain large amounts of calories, that I should not be taking it.

chrislehr
04-08-2002, 09:03 PM
Well, its a supplement... I think what u need to do is

1) Weight train
2) Cardio!!
3) Healthy diet

Then worry about supplements.. You may want to do an MRP shake instead of protein to help with #3, but #2 and #1 are key for you.

chromium6
04-08-2002, 10:31 PM
WHAT IS A MRP SHAKE??????????

chrislehr
04-09-2002, 07:25 AM
Meal replacement - search the forums for "mrp"

hemants
04-09-2002, 10:53 AM
Since your goal is cutting body fat, first and foremost you have to figure out a way to measure your caloric intake and reduce it.

I'd say a protein shake with a teaspoon of flax oil is better than a MRP because the latter have high GI carbs which are only really suitable after a workout.

You can get all the carbs you need in three main meals and use the protein shakes + flax as in between meal snacks.

First and foremost is creating a defecit in calories and for that you need to find foods that make you feel full with fewer calories (oatmeal, raw veggies, etc.)