PDA

View Full Version : Squats from this weekend (2-15-09)

mikesbench
02-18-2009, 03:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3noeu5pD78k&feature=channel_page

Doing some rep work in squat briefs...

Painzer
02-18-2009, 07:41 PM
Any reason you use wrist wraps while squatting?

kingswoodlegend
02-18-2009, 07:45 PM
thats awsome man....nice n big weights....

how come your stance is so wide?

RonnyB
02-18-2009, 08:25 PM
animal, wider stance = less travel distance

joey54
02-19-2009, 04:52 AM
Lets get a name change to mikessquat!

Lones Green
02-19-2009, 08:40 AM
Nice work Mike. Your form looks great and the depth has come from just a little while ago. Of course, depth comes a lot easier in just briefs. :p

His stance really isn't that wide!

The wrist wraps help to keep your wrists from bending back. They'll save you from carpel tunnel.

mikesbench
02-22-2009, 06:38 AM
Any reason you use wrist wraps while squatting?

Exactly like lones said, just takes pressure off your wrists. For me I feel like it's a little unnatural wrapping my thumb around the bar and it kinda torques my wrists, so the wraps definitely help me out with that.

how come your stance is so wide?

I just feel like I squat more with a wide stance (for some guys this is true because of gear, but I squat pretty wide raw as well). I think part of it has to do with what your strong / weak points are, for me my squat comes mostly from my big ass (as you can see my quads aren't real big).

Lets get a name change to mikessquat!

Ha! That's awesome Joey, I might have to think about a name change now that I'm starting to hit primarily full meets.

Nice work Mike. Your form looks great and the depth has come from just a little while ago. Of course, depth comes a lot easier in just briefs.

Thanks lones, I did 2 weeks of rep work to start this cycle out with something that might add a little good squatting muscle to me, I plan to add some box squats in to train depth, and of course some full gear work, maybe even use some knee wraps this time.

Thanks fo the comments guys.

littleman19
02-22-2009, 09:23 AM
monster.