PDA

View Full Version : and sports nutritionist or dieticians here?

gmen5681
02-19-2009, 09:26 AM
i was just wondering if there were any on the boards because i wanted to pick your brain a little bit because i am very interested about getting into the field. i would like to work on the supplement side rather than with actually clients and people. if anyone has any information at all i would love to hear what you have to say. thank you
joe

Holto
02-19-2009, 04:56 PM
If your goal is to work in the supplement industry, that is a huge long shot. I think many of us on here that really crack the books have thought about it. Being a formulator would be a very cool job. The problem is, it's akin to wanting to be a strength coach for a pro-sports team, it's a dream that can be made to come true. Just be sure that you look at the various career paths that the education you need would qualify you for. That way if you fall short of working with supplements, you have a plan B and plan C that appeals to you.

I have an RNC and have worked with a lot of people. I find it extremely rewarding. Helping people improve their health and improve their bodies has been one of the most satisfying things I've done in my life. I'm a software developer now, and I do it part time. It could be that your plan B and C are also solid career paths.