PDA

View Full Version : Locking Out When Doing Deadlift

Siked
02-19-2009, 06:46 PM
Ok so as of recently I have been struggling with locking out my deadlifts. I really don't know what the problem is. I can get the weight off the ground with relative ease. But once I get to just above my knees it seems stall. I just can't seem to get my shoulders locked out.

Anyone have some friendly tips or pointers they would like to share with me? My competition is on the 21st(Saturday) and I have a feeling that if I don't get this fixed it will be a problem. So thank for reading and I would appreciate any help.

Lones Green
02-19-2009, 07:17 PM
Try bringing your hips through.

Thats all you can really do with 2 days notice. Otherwise, hip and upper back work. Pulls with bands work great.

Brian Hopper
02-19-2009, 07:22 PM
Try bringing your hips through.

Thats all you can really do with 2 days notice. Otherwise, hip and upper back work. Pulls with bands work great.

An easy way i learned to do that is by squeezing your butt cheeks right about when the bar gets past the knees. i know it sounds funny but it works.

Notorious
02-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Yeah, also reaally focus on squeezing the glutes in during your warm-ups to get used to the feeling.

Siked
02-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Ok thanks guys, squeezing the glutes it is!

Wish me luck.

Brian Hopper
02-19-2009, 08:10 PM
it might be a little hard to get use to, but just try and think about doing it when you get that bar passed your knees. by squeezing your glutes, your hips should go forward and help lock it out.