PDA

View Full Version : METAL Bench Shirts

Brian Hopper
02-20-2009, 09:49 AM
I was just wondering if anybody has any comments on the METAL bench shirts.
THANKS!

Lones Green
02-20-2009, 09:52 AM
I know the 1-0-7 guys will have some input for you.

WillNoble
02-20-2009, 10:01 AM
I have seen VERY little success with them (mainly as both were not sized properly)

Ben Moore has found great success lately with a Metal Pro Viking. He will easily bench 650+ in that shirt.

Here's my $0.02 on Metal shirts. The biggest thing you need to know is that they have a VERY low groove compared to most shirts, and are sized VERY differently than most shirts. If you are looking into them I would give Jim a call at EFS, he is incredibly knowledgable on the fitting and workings of their shirts. There have been many guys put up some sick numbers in them over time, and it will be interesting to see what the new ACE shirt will bring.

There is alot of hate on their shirts, and I will agree there are some better out there, but they are still VERY effective...

KarstenDD
02-20-2009, 10:27 PM
I'm in the king bencher now and I'm having a lot of success. It's my first shirt and it's very broken in but it works very well, at least as a learning shirt.

Sean S
02-21-2009, 08:03 AM
I've done really well with the Viking pro shirt. The groove in this shirt doesn't seem to be really low (top of the abs). If you break it in well and wear it fairly tight, it works very well.

rmccray
02-21-2009, 05:46 PM
i watched karsten and rhodes both in the metal shirts and they looked pretty good

Ben Moore
02-21-2009, 08:18 PM
I'm really liking the Viking Pro - it seems to be made for my style of benching for whatever reason. I'm also testing out some Inzer shirts so we'll see who wins out this round.

Sean Hatley
02-21-2009, 08:54 PM
I was just wondering if anybody has any comments on the METAL bench shirts.
THANKS!

I had a single ply Metal Viking bench shirt. It was a good shirt, got about 140lbs out of it. I switched over to the Super Phenom and like that shirt way better, but its your own prefrence. I wouldnt mind trying out the Metal Ace Shirts.

Brian Hopper
02-21-2009, 10:39 PM
I'm really liking the Viking Pro - it seems to be made for my style of benching for whatever reason. I'm also testing out some Inzer shirts so we'll see who wins out this round.

What is your style of bench?

Brian Hopper
02-21-2009, 10:39 PM
I had a single ply Metal Viking bench shirt. It was a good shirt, got about 140lbs out of it. I switched over to the Super Phenom and like that shirt way better, but its your own prefrence. I wouldnt mind trying out the Metal Ace Shirts.

What do you like better with the PHENOM over the METAL Viking shirt?

Sean Hatley
02-21-2009, 11:20 PM
What do you like better with the PHENOM over the METAL Viking shirt?

Its way easier to touch in the Super Phenom and that spring off the chest is just incredable.

Brian Hopper
02-22-2009, 03:14 PM
Its way easier to touch in the Super Phenom and that spring off the chest is just incredable.

what's the difference with the super phenom over the regular? I have heard some good things about the phenom and that alot of lifters are going with them.

KarstenDD
02-22-2009, 03:30 PM
what's the difference with the super phenom over the regular? I have heard some good things about the phenom and that alot of lifters are going with them.

The neck is nice and jacked. Other than that, no one knows...