PDA

View Full Version : Heeled Shoes

ZenMonkey
02-20-2009, 02:51 PM
I just wanted to share this video with everyone. I have recently begun using these shoes, and they are fantastic. I got to choose all of my colors and am very pleased with the outcome. These are fantastic shoes if anyone needs a pair w/ a heel. For those lift technicians: it should be noted that the sole of these shoes slightly changes angles to accomodate the rocking motion of weight distributement during pulls.

They also will make custom singlets, wraps, and sleeves. Check em out

http://www.gwenweightlifting.blogspot.com/

i8n_LGBYX78

evilxxx
02-20-2009, 03:53 PM
Since the explanation of the nails inside was not clear in english...the nails are fish hook style they go in but imposible to get them out.

kingswoodlegend
02-20-2009, 03:55 PM
I just heard special nails.....and im sold.....

haha but seriously i think i might check em out!...they look like they'd last a lifetime

Fuzzy
02-20-2009, 09:11 PM
I tried a pair a few months ago, wasn't completely sold on them. I prefer my adistar II's any day.

ZenMonkey
02-20-2009, 09:15 PM
The great thing about the Adidas' is that they are the same shoes used for shooting, so you can go lift then go shoot without even changing shoes!! ;)

Fuzzy
02-20-2009, 09:22 PM
The great thing about the Adidas' is that they are the same shoes used for shooting, so you can go lift then go shoot without even changing shoes!! ;)

Is that so? Interesting. I just found them very uncomfortable.

Nietzsche fan are we? I am reading Beyond Good and Evil for the second time.

ZenMonkey
02-20-2009, 09:27 PM
Yea, not that that makes them worse for lifting. But they had a VERY diffrent feel from my dowins, which blew out in 4 months. Ive never worn the adidas but Gwen Sisto, (an owner of risto) said she thought they had a similar fit. I think the heel height is the same (1.5'') Was there any particular difference you could put your finger on?

Is there an angle change in the adidas soles? There is on the Ristos and I use the angle change in my pullin, but Im not sure if it makes a big enough difference for a novice weightlifter like myself.

Youre into Nietzsche? What made you get into that? (just curious cause you dont see many 16 yearolds into Nietzsche) But, thats awesome. Hes a cynical SOB, huh? Im reading Birth of Tradgedy right now and its really interestign. Im writing (this very moment) my senior philosophy thesis on Nietzsche, Heideger and Hegel in contrast to Ancient Stoic philosophers

Fuzzy
02-20-2009, 09:42 PM
Yea, not that that makes them worse for lifting. But they had a VERY diffrent feel from my dowins, which blew out in 4 months. Ive never worn the adidas but Gwen Sisto, (an owner of risto) said she thought they had a similar fit. I think the heel height is the same (1.5'') Was there any particular difference you could put your finger on?

Is there an angle change in the adidas soles? There is on the Ristos and I use the angle change in my pullin, but Im not sure if it makes a big enough difference for a novice weightlifter like myself.

Youre into Nietzsche? What made you get into that? (just curious cause you dont see many 16 yearolds into Nietzsche) But, thats awesome. Hes a cynical SOB, huh? Im reading Birth of Tradgedy right now and its really interestign. Im writing (this very moment) my senior philosophy thesis on Nietzsche, Heideger and Hegel in contrast to Ancient Stoic philosophers

The heel felt narrower, as did the toe area, the heel was also a smidge higher and more 'severe.' The full squat felt very harsh on my knees. Just a personal preference.

I don't even pay attention to angle changes in the sole. I lift :p

As for Nietzsche. I am fanatical fan of Wagner's music, I have listened fully to the entire ring cycle many times and read as much of his literature as I can. The name Nietzsche came up many times, so I went and bought BGE. I do not pretend to be very adept at philosophy, nor do i want to read philosophy for the sake of reading it. I read BGE very slowly and methodically, taking great care to understand everything. I would read maybe 4-5 pages in a sitting, and often re read. I am reading it again to ensure I fully comprehend.

My thoughts run a scary parallel to his ideals, the will to power, rejection of morality and seething hatred of Christianity. It was incredibly relieving to read such a frank rejection of morality, and allowed me to over come my own guilt for not feeling compelled like many other kids to succumb to what is essentially Christian morality. Through his rather long winded, but eloquent words I have reached a level of clarity, and an understanding of myself.

Good stuff... I would be interested in reading your thesis, I occasionally trawl through The Republic in order understand Nietzsche's attacks on Stoic philosophers.

ZenMonkey
02-20-2009, 09:52 PM
Thats interesting about it being harsh on your knees. After a few weeks squatting in them I developed some type of knee problem (either IT band issues or lateral patella femoral compression synrome aka runners knee). I wonder if there is any correlation... I am mildly concerned now. Ive been using TK knee sleeves ever since and its been better.

Birth of tradegy is a fun read and Id suggest it. He talks about how Greek tradgedies were the highest art form because it had acting, singing, humor, sorrow, the audience would participate, there would be a choral section, and many times they were in a drunken stupor from worshiping Dionysus. I guess you could call it aesthetic philosophy, but its an interesting read nonetheless. Ill let you know when my thesis is finished! It focuses on earlier philosophy than Plato though. Its subject is on the nature of free will and how the correlates to moral responsibility and moral luck.

The reason you cite (introspection and self evaluation) is where my love of philosophy and mystic psychology (william james, freud, jung, buddhism, hinduism, islam) comes from. Good to know youare on the good guys side.

Sensei
02-20-2009, 10:15 PM
Zen,
You are the third person this week that has mentioned to me their Do-Wins blowing out on them. Did the buckle go on yours?

ZenMonkey
02-21-2009, 07:53 AM
Zen,
You are the third person this week that has mentioned to me their Do-Wins blowing out on them. Did the buckle go on yours?

Yes! One side the buclke and on the other the strap stitching came completely undone.

Sensei
02-21-2009, 12:23 PM
Well, I guess Do-Wins will not be the next OL shoe I buy then... not that I think my Adidas will ever need to be replaced, but if necessary I'll just have them re-soled.

Fuzzy
02-21-2009, 04:44 PM
Well, I guess Do-Wins will not be the next OL shoe I buy then... not that I think my Adidas will ever need to be replaced, but if necessary I'll just have them re-soled.

What model do you have? I am pretty sure the only shoes that needs a re sole is the silver and blue Adistars, or anything with the same one piece heel design.

MPB
02-21-2009, 05:12 PM
My friend has a pair of ristos. His shoes are a lot bigger than mine so I don't know how good they are but they seem like they are gong to last a long time.

A few weeks ago, one of my adidas lifting shoes' tongue just ripped off. I do have a habit of pulling on them when I put my shoes on, but it's something that has never happened to me before. Other than their fragile tongues, I'm happy.

Auburn
02-21-2009, 07:09 PM
My Do-Wins each broke a buckle (both at the top). It happened while putting them on. I just replaced the buckle with a heavier one and they are good to go.