PDA

View Full Version : Turboluke's Journal. Bulked Now time to cut it up

Turboluke
02-20-2009, 10:34 PM
I have been eating for a long ass time. I want to cut up and do it the healthiest way possible. 5 ' 10" 202 lbs. 2/19/09 Don't know my body fat or max's. I work out alone. My goal is 175 180 range and get rid of the love handles and gut. Thats where alot of weight went but I did put on mass. I was eating upward of 4or 5k calories a day before with no exercise.

No supplements or vitamins as of yet...

Workout
Cardio: Everyday for now . Been doing a 300 calorie 1/2 hour burn on the Elliptical machine. On top of eating healthy. My knees aren't the greatest and it's low impact . Not as effective as running I know.

Lifting : Monday , Wed , Friday.
I am combining shoulders, back , chest , biceps, triceps , ab crunch's all 3 days a week.
-25lb dumbell curls 3 sets of 12, at home
-25/30/35 lb basic dumbell rows for upper back 15 -12- 10 reps at gym
-50/60/70 lb cable pulldown's behind head. 15 - 12 - 10 reps at gym
-Perfect Pushup's 3 sets of 10 at home. (weak point)
-Ab crunch Machine started with 3 sets of 15 with 10lb weight only (weak point)
-45 lb plate on the arm curl bicep machine 3 sets of 10 reps at gym.
-Tricep dumbell workout / One dumbell behind head 25/30/35 lb 12 - 10 - 8 reps.

By this time I'm burning pretty good. I have only been doing this for this week. This is my third day of lifting and my 5th day of cardio and diet.

I have heard spliting up the lifting to only one body area a week. Like do back , chest, and biceps one day etc... I don't want to spend that much time in the gym on top of the cardio workout. Any help is greatly appreciated.

DIET I am not picky with food and can eat the same thing over & over

Breakfast : (2) egg white sandwiches , white bread with one egg and one slice of cheese on each. (1) Large glass of 100% pure OJ and (1) cup of coffee < which I am trying to eliminate

Lunch: Usually a Romaine Lettuce salad with fresh tomato's and 1/2 sliced up boneless chicken breast. Ranch Lite dressing.

Dinner: Steamed veggies usually broccoli and a single boneless chicken breast.

Liquids consist of water and more water. I drink on average 3 or 4 20 ounce bottle a day.

Pictures are below , any help is greatly appreciated. I am far from a pro and am willing to change anything if it seems safe.

Turboluke
02-20-2009, 10:50 PM
I recover pretty quickly but am worried about overtraining. I just read this on another post. Is this true? I am new to lifting so is full body OK?

Who said you need 2 days to recover? some people need 4 some need 7 some need 9. It's all based on the person, there is no set days to rest. You need to find what works for you. The majority work each body part 1 per week. If you are relatively new to lifting then a full body workout 2-3 times per week can work wonders. Even experienced lifters sometimes use this. :study:

Turboluke
02-21-2009, 03:34 PM
202 lbs. 2/19/09
199 lbs. 2/21/09
I lost three pounds in three days . That could be normal fluctuation but I will take it as a positive.I am drinking a ton of water and OJ. Eating right, lifting, and burning 300 calories a day. I am going to pick up some salmon oil , and multivitamins . Going with the all natural approach. :strong:

Turboluke
02-23-2009, 08:25 PM
My body was telling me to rest so I didn't lift sat, sun, and mon.
I did do 1/2 hour cardio 300 calorie burn
Saturday On
Sunday Off
Monday On
I'm gonna take cardio off tommorow and do a full body lift instead. My body is the best judge on what seems to be too much or not enough. I think If I keep this up I can reach my goal in a month or two... Like I said, one goal at a time. And I didn't shoot for an unrealistic figure to start with...
2/23/09 200 lb

Turboluke
07-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Bump from the dead. I had a bad few months family wise. My father had a major heart attack and had a 5 way bypass and valve job. I didn't spend much time in the gym in the past few months but I am trying to change that. I also lost my job so needless to say, I slacked off. I am on the road to recovery though. Doing a form of the TNT Diet . I modified it slightly but am sticking to the basics of high protein Nitrean Powder and low carb intake. We will see what happens. I hope to at least cut 20 lbs. My weight is the same as it was in feb.