PDA

View Full Version : Caprari and Hawthorne lifting at WABDL meet in Houston today!!!

Silent Assassin
02-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Two of the best in the US to lift at Tiny Meekers WABDL meet today. Tony Caprari weighed in at around 196 and Richard Hawthorne around 128. They are always exciting to watch DL. Tony has been training hard to Break the 800 mark and Richard said he has been focusing more on working to make ends meet with the rough times that everyone is having, but he still plans on going over 600 pounds once again. Both guys always put on a technical clinic and should both raise their world records. I pedict Caprari to go around 782 at least and Hawthorne to still go around 611 even though he hasn't really trained for this meet because he is just an animal.

Eric Downey
02-21-2009, 02:00 PM
good luck to both of them

Brian Hopper
02-21-2009, 04:47 PM
Good luck to them both, I have always been a fan of Caprari!

Are there any updates on the meet?

mattdunkin
02-21-2009, 09:06 PM
Tony opened at 700,went mid-7's on his second and was a bit shaky,went 777 on third and missed.As for Hawthorne,I'm not sure his 1st and second attempts as I was helping a friend,but he hit 611 on his third.

Brian Hopper
02-21-2009, 10:36 PM
So i take it that Tony just wasnt having a good day.

mattdunkin
02-21-2009, 10:58 PM
So i take it that Tony just wasnt having a good day.

Yeah,I guess so but even one of his bad days blows away 99% of the rest of the population's good ones!

Silent Assassin
02-22-2009, 01:48 PM
I talked with Tony today, and he was bummed about how he lifted. He said he has been training hard raw and pulling mostly off of one plate for all reps . He said his big mistake was that he only trained in his suit one time since World's in Nov. mainly because he has been training alone and should have just pulled raw because it threw his technique all off. Yet, he feels although his workouts have been decent, but may have lacked the intensity needed to pull the big #'s he is shooting for is probably the biggest reason he had an off day. Anyways pulling mid 700's @ 196 in my book is still amazing. On an even stronger note, Richard putting on a technical clinic with an opener at 551 and then going 611 to up his WABDL WR on his second is extraordinary @ 128#. I am just saying this once again, as soon as he gets in the position to put consistent time in the gym, maybe put on about 10lbs and cut to 132, he will wreck the all time record because he has that much potential. If anyone wants to be say that it is just another whatif because it is still an incomprehensible #, I will tell you I told you so when it happens.

csfong
02-23-2009, 04:23 PM
Tony opened at 700,went mid-7's on his second and was a bit shaky,went 777 on third and missed.As for Hawthorne,I'm not sure his 1st and second attempts as I was helping a friend,but he hit 611 on his third.

Don't know him well enough to ask why, but when he hit 611 on his second pull he ended it there. I'm guessing that was goal and he didn't need to go further... he did the same (2 lifts) in Mississippi when he hit 610.

As long as Hawthorne & Caprari lift in Humble/WABDL meets I'll be there; even on a bad day Caprari puts on a hell of a show- I know he didn't hit the third like he wanted but you can't take the shine off a guy who starts at 700. They come in quietly & do their thing: Quality lift + humility = Truly Impressive

flappysr
02-23-2009, 05:04 PM
Don't know him well enough to ask why, but when he hit 611 on his second pull he ended it there. I'm guessing that was goal and he didn't need to go further... he did the same (2 lifts) in Mississippi when he hit 610.

As long as Hawthorne & Caprari lift in Humble/WABDL meets I'll be there; even on a bad day Caprari puts on a hell of a show- I know he didn't hit the third like he wanted but you can't take the shine off a guy who starts at 700. They come in quietly & do their thing: Quality lift + humility = Truly Impressive

TWO. AWESOME LIFTERS.Really impressed that they Both Pull Conventional. Really makes the DeadLift more Awesome to me........:smoke::smoke:I, was there lifting and hope to share the Platform again with these two Titans of the DeadLifts.............Conventional Rules....:smoke:

flappysr
02-23-2009, 06:45 PM
TWO. AWESOME LIFTERS.Really impressed that they Both Pull Conventional. Really makes the DeadLift more Awesome to me........:smoke::smoke:I, was there lifting and hope to share the Platform again with these two Titans of the DeadLifts.............Conventional Rules....:smoke::omg::omg::omg:

"There is no point in being alive if you cannot do the DeadLift." Jon Pall Sigmarsson...(CONVENTIONAL THAT IS). OLD SCHOOL. There are two types of lifters, those that wish they could DeadLift and those that, Do It....:smoke::smoke: