PDA

View Full Version : hows this diet?

lax16
02-22-2009, 01:23 PM
I'm a student at home and my class schedule makes it kind of hard to eat big meals all the time so here's what I can typically can do. All suggestions and criticisms are welcomed!

wake up and go to class
eat a bagel with butter

get home
eat bagel with cream cheese (maybe with a muffin after)
before class have some sort of lunch (try to eat some kind of chicken sandwich with chicken)

go to class
eat peanut butter and jelly sandwich

next class
eat peanut butter and jelly sandwich

home
maybe snack a little (maybe almonds or really whatever i can find that's not junk food)
then I eat a big dinner (usually with some sort of meat, carbs, dinner is usually nutritionally good)

work out for 1 hr
immediately have protein shake

snack some more (maybe ice cream)

I know it's a good idea to get some calories in before bed but I can't handle another pb&j sandwich so what else could I eat?

I feel like I should throw another shake in there, where should I have this? In my first class with the bagel maybe?

thanks!!

VikingWarlord
02-22-2009, 01:53 PM
At first glance, it sucks. Post the macros and ask again.

lax16
02-22-2009, 03:44 PM
At first glance, it sucks. Post the macros and ask again.

I'm not sure what you mean by post the macros?

cphafner
02-22-2009, 03:49 PM
how many calories. grams of protein, carbs, and fats. Looks very low in protein. Need your veggies.

lax16
02-22-2009, 04:48 PM
how many calories. grams of protein, carbs, and fats. Looks very low in protein. Need your veggies.

well I know you're supposed to get 1g of protein for every lbs of bodyweight so if I have 2 shakes a day I get that right there. I'm pretty sure I even hit that just with 1 meal of some kind of meat and my shake after the work out.

am I supposed to have even more?

cphafner
02-22-2009, 04:55 PM
you need to know how many calories you are taking in. If you don't know, then you can't tweak your diet to make gains. 1g per pound is low in my opinion. Start tracking your diet for a couple of weeks. You are probably eating far less than you think.

VikingWarlord
02-23-2009, 08:16 AM
well I know you're supposed to get 1g of protein for every lbs of bodyweight so if I have 2 shakes a day I get that right there. I'm pretty sure I even hit that just with 1 meal of some kind of meat and my shake after the work out.

am I supposed to have even more?

How much protein is IN each of those shakes? What do you currently weigh? If you can't answer the question about macros, do what cphafner said and track your intake for a while.

I'm guessing you're trying to gain weight. AT LEAST double your protein goal and go to 2g/lb, maybe even higher. Look up the Bako Shake and throw down one of those a day.

lax16
02-23-2009, 10:08 AM
How much protein is IN each of those shakes? What do you currently weigh? If you can't answer the question about macros, do what cphafner said and track your intake for a while.

I'm guessing you're trying to gain weight. AT LEAST double your protein goal and go to 2g/lb, maybe even higher. Look up the Bako Shake and throw down one of those a day.

54 grams of protein in every shake. Right now i weight about 159. So i should get about 300-350g of protein?

VikingWarlord
02-23-2009, 10:37 AM
54 grams of protein in every shake. Right now i weight about 159. So i should get about 300-350g of protein?

If you're trying to gain, yeah. Some people like to go for 2.5-3g/lb, but 2 should be good for a start.

Try not to rely too much on your shakes though. Eat as much real whole food as possible.