PDA

View Full Version : I'm putting on very little weight

Trancetopia
04-09-2002, 11:15 AM
Hi all,

I've been training for about three months now and I have had really good results from my training and diet. I can't believe how much of an athlete I look now compare to when I first started.

I regularly take measurements and my weight to see how I'm getting on. My shape is looking really good by my weight is not moving much at all. I'm putting on the inches and size but not the weight.

How normal is this? My mate who used to bodybuilder a while ago said this is excellent and is nothing to be worried about. I am a little worried as I am not going to reach my weight target that I set for myself when I first started. I'm also noticing smaller gains now from when I first started.

I think my expectations or assumptions about weight are confusing me. I know I look great as the results I have got so far are really good and I'm always having compliments etc..

I take n-large 2 post workout, and really control my diet. Can anyone out there re-assure me that I'm doing things right or put in my place if I'm doing something wrong. I would really like to see me grow to reach my goals.

Maybe I need to take some suppliments. What does everyone suggest? Is pro-hormone any good?

If you need any further information, please do hesitate to ask me. I need to get this sorted as soon as I can as I've been looking around the net recently at steroids and I don't want to go down that path.

Thanks.

MRJ
04-09-2002, 12:10 PM
If you are beginning to look more "athletic" I would suggest you are adding some muscle, while reducing fat. (this is good)

As muscle is more dense than fat you can actually look leaner, but weigh more. (this is good)

I wouldn't worry about the weight so much, you are simply modifying the composition of your physique. (for the better)

Initially, when beginning weight training, gains will come quickly.

As your body adjusts to the new requirements the changes/gains will begin to taper-off, and you'll have to work harder. (this is the time most persons quit, but this is actually the real beginning of the journey, so press-on)

Best of luck to you.

Trancetopia
04-09-2002, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the reply MRJ, you have confirmed what my mate has been saying. Ok, i'm now convinced that i'm doing it right even though the gains arn't that good at the moment (But have been)

I think its time to really get my head down and concentrate on my form. I can assure you there will be no giving up, it sounds like its time for a real challenge now.

Thanks again for your reply.

Take care