PDA

View Full Version : Deadlift Form Help (Video)

huskybear
02-23-2009, 09:16 PM
Well I'm liking the help you all provided me with for my squats, so here are my deadlifts from tonight

xejiGvJqj3M

QMjlR1z4do0

I3nRuH7P_kw

All done raw with chalk only... all help welcome!!!!

Thanks again for taking the time to look folks!

evilxxx
02-23-2009, 11:20 PM
A bit difficult to truly judge form from a front view but the main thing I see is that it seems that you keep your head down. I used to do that but doing them in front of the mirror got me to look up and it really does help to bring the chest fwd and shoulder back at the lockout. Other than that it looks fine to me.

Lones Green
02-24-2009, 03:24 AM
Try to keep the bar close to your shins.

Get your air, bend down, grip and pull...your losing all your air capacity staying bent over for so long like that

BigTallOx
02-24-2009, 05:21 AM
Get your air, bend down, grip and pull...your losing all your air capacity staying bent over for so long like that

That's exactly what I was thinking ( not that I'm an expert deadlifter by any means ).

I3nRuH7P_kw

I've found that looking at least straight forward ( or slightly up ) puts my upper body in a better position for pulling (without having to think about anything else). But everybody is different, your form looks ok, mine is pretty bad when I'm looking down.

Lones Green
02-24-2009, 07:58 AM
I'm no deadlift expert by any means either. I just find it way easier to get my air at the top.

You should have everything right at the top, know where you're going to put your hands, grip, and pull like hell.

huskybear
02-24-2009, 09:38 AM
Thanks guys... so I need to keep looking forward right from the start on these, which will probably fix my lock out too I'm guessing...

I'm a little confused on the air thing Lones and BTO... I find that as long as I keep my hips up while I get set, I can take in air before I dip them to pull... am I spending too much time getting my grip set then?

Also, is there any change for my stance that you think might be useful? Narrower, wider, feet pointed differently? When I watch the vid's it's as though my right leg seems to point out in an unnatural direction?

And just to confirm - Squat videos from the front... deadlifts from the side? and how about bench?

Lots of questions I know but thanks for the help all!

=Travis=
02-24-2009, 11:34 AM
On the air thing, you mention that you can take in air while bent over. To see what Lones meant, bend over and take in a breath, then stand up and take in a breath. You can take in a bigger breath while standing.

Vids of lifts are good from the side and the front.

rbtrout
02-24-2009, 04:50 PM
I totally agree with taking in a breath standing up and then grab and pull. If I spend too much time bent over trying to set up, I'll stop, stand up, take another breath and then pull like crazy.

Lones Green
02-24-2009, 05:44 PM
On the air thing, you mention that you can take in air while bent over. To see what Lones meant, bend over and take in a breath, then stand up and take in a breath. You can take in a bigger breath while standing.

Vids of lifts are good from the side and the front.

Exactly. Bent over, your guts are all squashed together.

I still take a decent time getting my grip, but not too long.

8O8_ntZZzG8

huskybear
02-24-2009, 11:28 PM
okay I get it... I can bend down, see where I'm going to set, stand up get a deep breath and then grip and pull... much appreciated again all!!!!!

some simple things huh... can't wait to get back at it and see how it works!

again thanks folks!