PDA

View Full Version : Feedback...

Twiztid
04-09-2002, 12:41 PM
Ok, just posting my diet and routine for some feedback.
Goal is fat loss, I need to lose about 3 - 5% BF. I am lifting for maintence, any gains I can get and personal enjoyment and fat burning benefits

Diet:
===

Morning (7:30)
Bowl of Alpen Cereal
Glass of Orange Juice

Mid Morning (10:30)
Chicken Breast on a whole wheat bun
a dab of BBQ sauce for added taste

Lunch (12:30)
Handful - Handful and 1/2 of Whole Wheat Pasta
2 meatballs made of EXTRA LEAN ground beef
Sauce

Mid Aftrernoon (3:00)
Yogurt and Cottage cheese

Supper
Steak and Potato or Protein Shake w/ Bananna
or Chicken Breast and Potato etc...

Night snack
Protein Shake (no bananna)
or Chicken Breast with a dab of BBQ sauce.

=============

Workout - I am doing the WBB routine #2, with some changes I am making to it. (I don't like chins when I am alone, and dips.. so, making some exercise changes)

I play Indoor Hockey on Monday nights for 1.5 - 2 hours. I also go for rollerblades for 30 - 45 mins at night 2 - 3 times a week. When I "feel" like being a mouse on a wheel, I hit the gym and do some HIT on the Eliptical machine. I'd prefer to rollerblade.

I feel with this diet, which I find VERY easy to follow (its never been easy, but now it is. I guess I am just tired of quitting). I find the routine to be ok (weights). I started off light to avoid injury, lifting about 60 - 80% of my usual. Also, I am still playing with the routine a bit.

Anyways, I think this will get me nice and slim for the beach for Summer.

Comments / Suggestions / Feedback

Next week, I am incorporating Flax Seed Oil and Multivitamins in the morning (waiting till pay day). I also find that when I start something new (or add something) I do better when I start on a Monday... gives me 5 straight days to make it a routine.

Saturday is my cheat day.. basically, I am still active.. but I have a few bad foods, and I go out to the bar ar night time and drink.
Gotta keep my social life.

Paul Stagg
04-10-2002, 07:00 AM
Looks OK - but need to know your BMR and the calorie totals.

Maki Riddington
04-10-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Twiztid
Ok, just posting my diet and routine for some feedback.
Goal is fat loss, I need to lose about 3 - 5% BF. I am lifting for maintence, any gains I can get and personal enjoyment and fat burning benefits

Diet:
===

Morning (7:30)
Bowl of Alpen Cereal
Glass of Orange Juice

*** Exchange the cereal with Oatmeal and throw in a scoop of whey protein or mix up a shake.

Mid Morning (10:30)
Chicken Breast on a whole wheat bun
a dab of BBQ sauce for added taste

*** Get rid of the whole wheat bun and use some multigrain buns form a local bakery.

Lunch (12:30)
Handful - Handful and 1/2 of Whole Wheat Pasta
2 meatballs made of EXTRA LEAN ground beef
Sauce

Mid Aftrernoon (3:00)
Yogurt and Cottage cheese

*** PLain yogurt?
Other yogurt is laiden with sugar. You want to cut out as much sugar as possible. Also throw in some flax oil as well.

Supper
Steak and Potato or Protein Shake w/ Bananna
or Chicken Breast and Potato etc...

Night snack
Protein Shake (no bananna)
or Chicken Breast with a dab of BBQ sauce.

=============

Workout - I am doing the WBB routine #2, with some changes I am making to it. (I don't like chins when I am alone, and dips.. so, making some exercise changes)

I play Indoor Hockey on Monday nights for 1.5 - 2 hours. I also go for rollerblades for 30 - 45 mins at night 2 - 3 times a week. When I "feel" like being a mouse on a wheel, I hit the gym and do some HIT on the Eliptical machine. I'd prefer to rollerblade.

I feel with this diet, which I find VERY easy to follow (its never been easy, but now it is. I guess I am just tired of quitting). I find the routine to be ok (weights). I started off light to avoid injury, lifting about 60 - 80% of my usual. Also, I am still playing with the routine a bit.

Anyways, I think this will get me nice and slim for the beach for Summer.

Comments / Suggestions / Feedback

Next week, I am incorporating Flax Seed Oil and Multivitamins in the morning (waiting till pay day). I also find that when I start something new (or add something) I do better when I start on a Monday... gives me 5 straight days to make it a routine.

Saturday is my cheat day.. basically, I am still active.. but I have a few bad foods, and I go out to the bar ar night time and drink.
Gotta keep my social life.

Twiztid
04-10-2002, 07:24 PM
If I did this right (from www.thinrich.com/bmr)

My BMR is: 2031 cals

BMR after activity rate of 1.4 = 2843.4

Which breaks down into:

daily carbs - 320 g
daily protein - 249 g
daily fat - 63 g

per meal carbs - 53 g
per meal protein - 41.5 g
per meal fat - 10.5 g

So... does this give you a better idea? Think I am close?

I'll have to figure out the food break down.

Feel free to help out with comments / suggestions / tweaks.
Keep in mind my current diet to give you an idea of what i like :)
NO TUNA please. Bleech!

the doc
04-10-2002, 07:39 PM
so plan your diet around 2000-2300 cals but keep your fat up around 20-25% Reduce carbs and protein for a caloric deficit...

Twiztid
04-10-2002, 07:50 PM
I wonder how close to 2000 - 2300 cals I am right now.

i'll have to figure that out, unless anyone knows some of the values already? :)

Joe Black
04-12-2002, 04:10 PM
lol one of the biggest pain in the asses in diets..

I hate it, so do it yourself ;)