PDA

View Full Version : am i in the right direction?

fbgm
02-24-2009, 03:41 PM
hello everyone.. just to get to started, i am 19 years old. 5,11' and a 176lbs.
i have been lifting for a bout 2 months now but to be honest all i really want is to lose my damn gut! i have a a nice layer of fat that id like to lose. the diet im planning on starting is the following:

breakfast: 5 eggs, 4 whites, 1 whole

meal 2: myoplex shake

meal 3: 5 to 6oz steak/chicken/turkey, salad and rice

meal 4: myoplex shake

meal 5: same as meal 3

meal 6: myoplex shake

i lift 5 days a week and do cardio after every workout... will this diet help?

Pimpstick
02-24-2009, 03:53 PM
It may help, but if you have a gut at 175 pounds it means you have no muscle base. I'm 5' 11" and I've been 155 pounds, it's not pretty. Do youself a favor and just stick with lifting and eating healthy and you will get the body you want.

VikingWarlord
02-24-2009, 06:09 PM
First of all, at 5'11 and 176lbs, you don't really need to cut. If you cut down like you want, you'll just look like a Somalian. However, since you're not going to listen to anyone that gives you that advice and want to cut up the nothing you have on your frame because you think women give a **** about it, here's some feedback.

There isn't any variety. You'll have a hard time sticking to it and will very likely develop serious issues with food. There is too much reliance on liquid nutrition. Training 5 days a week is unnecessary. Cardio...well, I'm not even going to get into that bull**** again. 5 days a week of "cardio" is also unnecessary. If you have to ask why, you need to spend some time reading more.

So no, that plan could be a lot better.