PDA

View Full Version : IPhone / Touch App - Lose It

SnakeEyes27
02-24-2009, 03:55 PM
I joined this site to learn more about lifting and help motivate myself to make some new gains. Despite lifting for years and knowing the importance of nutriton, I never got into the habit of counting calories. I never really planned to start until I saw an Iphone commercial advertising a new app called "lose it". I figured I give it a try and 4 days in I'm hooked. The app is free, easy to use, and gives useful breakdowns of your % Carb, Fat & Protein intake. My only complaint is that you can not set a goal to gain weight (just maintain or lose), but luckily you can just make sure you go over your budgeted calories each day.

Moral of the story:
1) If you have an Iphone / Touch or anything that uses the Iphone store apps get "Lose it" (its free) now, its definitely worth a try
2) If you dont have access to the app and havent ever monitored your eating habits, spend a week logging everything you eat. It will help you to make sure youre eating enough and eating a healthy balance of carbs, protein & fat

Cards
02-24-2009, 08:06 PM
I always tried to count calories but, i never had the patience to do it. maybe ill look at this app as i always have my ipod on me when i'm walking around campus. I always just try to estimate what i'm eatting and always look at the label if i'm cooking it to get a rought estimate.

beaverfootball
02-24-2009, 08:13 PM
I just downloaded it to check it out.. might be something I consider to start using. It reminds me alot of fitday and since I have my iPod with me way more than my computer I might give it a shot..

Even though I'm more in the beginning phase of my diet where I'm still seeing gains from just cleaning it up and eating better quality calories again :) ah its so nice.. not to mention muscle memory.. :)

anyway, it looks like a great app especially If you eat similar things week in and week out.

Big Jay
02-24-2009, 08:19 PM
My only complaint is that you can not set a goal to gain weight (just maintain or lose)
that's wat pissed me off with fitday

SnakeEyes27
02-25-2009, 10:24 AM
Got two people at work hooked on it too.

berfles
02-25-2009, 10:32 AM
I use CalorieKing for PC. Has all the weight gain/loss goal stuff, graphs and charts, and a huge database of foods that gets updated from time to time. Let's you keep track of your weight every week as well as measurements.

Cards
02-25-2009, 04:54 PM
assuming calorie king is a program?

berfles
02-25-2009, 05:09 PM
assuming calorie king is a program?

Yeah, the site www.calorieking.com used to just be a site for finding nutrition info out, but then they put it all into a program.

EDIT: It's not free though, but of course that doesn't stop me ;)

maxm007
04-23-2009, 06:07 AM
I bought iKeepFit by MagnaSoftware to track my diet. It's decent and a bit more bodybuilder-friendly than the others. So you can set it up to gain weight. Worth checking out.

http://www.magnasoftware.co.uk/ikeepfit/ikeepfit-diet-app-iphone-ipod-touch.html

joey54
04-23-2009, 05:52 PM
This seems to fit better in the diet/nutrition section.

joey54
04-23-2009, 05:53 PM
This seems to fit better in the diet/nutrition section.

Even though I just realized it is a 2 month old thread. :)