PDA

View Full Version : How does Metal Militia work?

OGROK
02-24-2009, 07:53 PM
Or more specifically, the idea of having two max effort bench days in a week. I'm not sure all these guys were using Metal Militia, but I was reading some logs by some guys who basically seem to have 2 max effort bench days in a week 5 or 6 days apart working their shirt once a week and training raw the other. The thing I don't understand is how these guys don't burn out, since according to Westside after 3 weeks of max effort with the same exercise variation your strength begins to decrease. Do they just do variations of RAW and shirted benching? How do they keep from burning out?

MarcusWild
02-24-2009, 09:33 PM
I'm pretty sure they deload every 4th week. They probably rotate exercises too. I've found that training "templates" are very generic, since they need to be. In practice, there's far more variation than the template suggests. I remember a quote from Chuck V. The just of is was that templates are OK for beginners, since they need a place to start. Once you get experienced you know your body and you know what you need to do.

Sidior
02-24-2009, 09:51 PM
I was under the impression a lot of the guys that train MM style are bench only. Clearly this would make it easier to beat the piss out of yourself if you did not care quite as much about your squat and deadlift.

Big o Boy
02-24-2009, 11:04 PM
and I also thought those MM guys did top end (which I guess you could consider ME or topend assistance) one day of the week, and raw/rep work one day. Doesn't sound too crazy to me.

Travis Bell
02-25-2009, 04:19 AM
no they do shirt work one day, usually some low boards and then high board work (raw) on another day

vdizenzo
02-25-2009, 05:44 AM
When I started with the MM many years ago we only benched once a week. MM training seems to have taken many turns like every other program out there. I was there at the beginning, those guys were lots of fun. Gave a lot back to the lifters. I don't hear much about Crawford anymore. Sebastian pops up now and again. Fun guys and fun times.

I think training is evolving with the shirts. Find what works for you and stick with it as long as you can.

HP666
02-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Hey Vin,
I trained at AB last summer and saw Bill, spoke with him briefly. He's retired from competitive lifting and wants to have kids. He still lifts with the team on Friday nights, he's just going about things a little differently now. But he looked good and seemed to be doing great.

MBertrand
02-28-2009, 05:14 PM
I competed at the memorial meet in December... Bill is retired right now... I hope he makes a comeback after he has a couple kids... Friggin guy is hilarious and they polished off 2 bottles of rye before the meet was ever. Burns was doing some judging.

I got done a bench attempt and the judge told me to watch my ass... then I looked down and he had a beer going in his cup... pretty funny looking back... at the time I was kinda pissed.

endymion88
03-01-2009, 12:16 PM
i wouldn't mind seeing a good writeup of what they do there to pick it apart to try it

waynedang
03-01-2009, 07:03 PM
i wouldn't mind seeing a good writeup of what they do there to pick it apart to try it

here ya go
http://www.metalmilitia.net/index_files/Page720.htm