PDA

View Full Version : weight gainer and nutrition/?

runriot26
02-25-2009, 02:02 PM
should i be eating certian types of food or fats with a weight gainer i take after each workout??? i want to gain SOME fat but dont want to use weight gainer to just completely gain alll fat and no muscle..........is it true that your suppose to gain some fat to build muscle....

VikingWarlord
02-25-2009, 02:23 PM
1. No need to post 3 threads.
2. Please learn basic rules of English grammar. Communication skills will help us help you.
3. Read the stickies, then ask more specific questions.

king8329
02-25-2009, 03:23 PM
1. No need to post 3 threads.
2. Please learn basic rules of English grammar. Communication skills will help us help you.
3. Read the stickies, then ask more specific questions.

What he said.... Have no clue as to what you are really asking.

Michigan
02-25-2009, 09:50 PM
First off, don't take weight gainer after your workouts, take whey protein. Also, of course you need fats, you need healthy fats. When you are trying to bulk up, yes, you are going to gain fat. This fat depends on what kind of bulk you do, but regardless of the foods you eat, when you are in the bulking stage you are going to gain fat. Eat lean meats, eggs, pb, tuna, ham, etc...eat almonds, peanuts, walnuts, they all contain healthy fats. Make sure you are eating your fruits and veggies as well; they will provide you with, not only vitamins and minerals, but energy as well. Take in the carbs as well, make sure your breakfast has plenty of it as well as protein and fat.

You really don't need weight gainer either. As long as you are eating above maintenance(calories needed to maintain your weight) you should be fine.

runriot26
02-26-2009, 03:28 PM
Hey thanks Michigan......im glad i got an answer instead of insults.I didnt know you needed to use proper english grammar to post on a forum?? :scratch::scratch:.....and i didnt think it was that difficult of a question? damn Michigan figured it out??

by the way thanks for answering the question and I know gainer isnt neccessary but it sure helps out for getting those few extra pounds packed on. now i knw that im suppose to be getting some lean protein while on it to gain some more muscle mass along with the gainer!

rbtrout
02-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Weight gainers are usually used as an addendum to your normal diet. Like Michigan said, eat well and then possibly add in the weight gainer shakes. You don't want to neglect a good, healthy diet by just having weight gainer shakes.