PDA

View Full Version : critic my split please.

gmen5681
02-27-2009, 06:34 AM
Right now im trying to get as big and strong as possible, im eating a **** load so no worries there. just wondering what you guys thought about my workout, i try to keep it as simple and quick as possible

Day 1
Flat Bench 5X5
Skull Crushers 3X8

Day 2
off

Day 3
DeadLift 5X5
Tbar Rows 3X8
Hammer Curls 3X8

Day 4
off

Day 5
Military Press 5X5
Arnold Press 3X8

Day 6
off

Day 7
Squat 5X5
Lunges 3X8
Farmer Walks 5X45-60 seconds.

and Day 8 would start off back with bench. im am doing proper warm ups, and i am lifting at about my 80-85% max on the bench, deadlift, military press and squat. i am usually in the gym for about 30-45 mins. just lifting as heavy as i can. do you think i should add some more or is that good? like i said i am just trying to get as big and strong as possible.
thanks in advance
joe

Eric Downey
02-27-2009, 06:43 AM
well my split looks like this. maybe this will help

Monday: ME Squat and Dead
Tuesday: Light chest, heavy shoulders, some bi's
wed off
Thursday: Upper Back with some light squats to work the soreness out from Monday.
Friday: off
Saturday: Me Bench
Sunday: off

its work for me for a few years now . best way id say to build your own is look at our pro logs and see when and what we do. were all different but have the same goals in mind. Bigger, Stronger!!

ELmx479
02-27-2009, 06:53 AM
I hate to sound like a broken record but just do starting strength. It is a great program if followed correctly. Once you stall on that 2-3 times you could move on to Bill Starr's 5X5 which is also a great program.

You are only doing squats 4 times a month, with these 2 programs you will squat 12 times a month.

Matt Adams
02-27-2009, 07:26 AM
I think you need more volume. I see you only do one excersise a week for your upper back. louie simmons once said "a weak man has a weak back. a strong man has a strong back" its really that simple. try to pick up a couple more excersises each workout and progressively increase your volume

-JM-
02-27-2009, 07:31 AM
gmen5681, here is a tidier, more balanced idea of what your routine could look like......

Workout 1
-Squat
-RDL
-Low Back
-Abs

Workout 2
-Bench
-Rows
-Incline
-Lat Pulldowns

Workout 3
-Deadlift
-Lunge/Step-ups
-Low Back
-Abs

Workout 4
-Military Press
-Pull-ups
-CG Bench
-Rows

You can do Triceps and Biceps on the upper body days if you want to.