PDA

View Full Version : Fast Breakfast!

dfresh1182
03-01-2009, 03:25 PM
I need to eat breakfast. Ever since I began training a little over 20 months ago I developed a morning appetite, that had been non-existent through my college days which stretched all the way back to the high school vending machine's honey buns and fruit punch.

But now, I need calories and more importantly carbs to sustain through the first part of the day. Especially since I know I will be at the gym as soon as my job allows, both after and in between work.

Right now, I eat...

4 extra large hard boiled egg whites
2 peices of whole wheat toast

40 grams of protein
8 oz. of milk
1 banana
blended

All in all I'm up, breakfast made, dog walked, showered, dressed, and out the door within 45-1 hr.

Anyone got something faster, stronger, bigger, badder, better, easier, tastier?

drtyeddy
03-02-2009, 10:27 AM
porridge is sworn by a lot of people, can microwave it in 2 mins!
for some reason i don't like eggs ( like eating babies or something) but i can eat omelettes and today i managed to force down a bit of scrambled,rank tho!
omelettes are good and you can take out the fatty yolks and have about 5 egg whites in em! bit of ham in there and you got a lot of protein in there.
i think a spanish omelette has potato in for your carbs?
if your after the calories you cant beat a full fry up, but i guess theres a lot of fat in there too

Mercuryblade
03-02-2009, 03:18 PM
I eat a giant bowl of almonds and drink a monster. 1 cup of almonds has about 800 calories, 30g of protein, 17g of fiber. Lots of protein and calories combined with caffeine makes me feel pretty good in the morning.

johnnyo_99
03-02-2009, 03:43 PM
install a dog door and shave 10 min off. in all reality that time isn't bad, in order to make an effective breakfast you gotta spend time to make it.

I eat a giant bowl of almonds and drink a monster. 1 cup of almonds has about 800 calories, 30g of protein, 17g of fiber. Lots of protein and calories combined with caffeine makes me feel pretty good in the morning.

Mercury you can't be serious?

Mercuryblade
03-02-2009, 04:46 PM
install a dog door and shave 10 min off. in all reality that time isn't bad, in order to make an effective breakfast you gotta spend time to make it.

Mercury you can't be serious?

I am, actually. Raw almonds are delicious, granted I poop about 5x a day, but they are cheap and nutritious.

Detard
03-09-2009, 08:20 AM
I usually have about 20 minutes for breakfast. I make a shake including: milk, bananas, yogurt, and some protein powder. Chug that back, then make an english muffin for the walk to the bus. I need to get myself to sleep ealier so i can wake up earlier and have a good breakfast.

deeder
03-09-2009, 08:40 AM
My Breakfast: 2 servings of oatmeal with a bit of brown sugar for flavor, 5 egg whites and 1 whole egg.

Ryno
03-11-2009, 11:01 AM
Here's a modification for your:

4 extra large hard boiled egg whites
2 peices of whole wheat toast

I do this for a quick snack. Get a container of egg whites and pour out your portion onto a plate. Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes. Use a fork to separate it off the plate (comes up pretty easy). Non stick spray could help. Then put the egg onto your toast and you've got a tasty egg sandwich. If you want to make it even tastier, some of that microwavable bacon would be a good addition. Faster prep than hardboiling apart from cleaning the plate.