PDA

View Full Version : DENIM Shirts: METAL vs Karen Kline

Brian Hopper
03-02-2009, 10:12 AM
Who is making a better DENIM shirt out of the two?

WillNoble
03-02-2009, 10:19 AM
I have a 10 year old Karins that is still going strong...

Travis Bell
03-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Personally I feel Karins are better because they are custom made just for you. I've always done better in custom shirts vs. off the rack shirts.

That said, I watched Tony Bologne bench 855 in a Metal full range last Wednsday so I guess it will vary a little.

Brian Hopper
03-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Travis, Dosent Greg Panora use a Karen Kline shirt?

Travis Bell
03-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Yeah, actually Greg has worn the same Karin's for the last couple years. Been a real good shirt for him. He's had a couple patches put in over time, but nothing serious.

Now that I'm thinking about it though, you might want to give Inzer's Ultimate Denim a shot. It's a very good shirt and a ton of big benches were put up in it before the SD Phenom came to light. As always though I recommend taking current measurements and calling it in.

Vincent would have a better idea of how Inzer's denim is sized. I believe his first 800 was in one? Maybe a Rage X

WillNoble
03-02-2009, 06:28 PM
the ultimate is triple ply correct?

Travis Bell
03-02-2009, 06:33 PM
I didn't think so, but I think you can get it in triple ply. I thought it came in double ply stock

Good question Will. I'm actually not sure on that one

dbc3po
03-02-2009, 08:02 PM
I have had all three shirts mentioned here I can give a run down. Karins and the Metal scoop neck denim are designed to be identical. Karins if you can get one made is better it has the same cut but is made to your specs. Is Karin making shirts still? My partner tried to get one last year and never got one, he got a refund but she told him that she was having a hard time getting material. The metal is a great shirt but you will half to have it altered more than likely for it to work best since its an off the rack shirt. The ultimate denim from inzer is actually canvas. You may can get a 3 ply but unless your Bill Crawford or its super loose you will never touch in it. It is a great shirt but once it locks up it has zero give. At one point the only way you could get that particular shirt was if you were a sponsored lifter. I gained 20 lbs since I bought mine I cant get it to a 3 board now with any weight it honestly feels like it would snap my arm in half before the shirt would blow. As Travis said make sure you use your current measurements and if you go with an ultimate try and get it a little looser as that material is not for someone with poor technique. The ultimate denim should only be used by people with damn near perfect technique. A great shirt no one has mentioned is the Inzer radical denim made with the black denim material. It was stronger than the blue denim but not as harsh as the ultimate denim. It was super popular until the ragex and Phenom took off. Vinnie can give everyone a better answer, he has probably tried them all. Seems like he did wear a regular denim form Inzer when he hit his first 800, maybe a radical cut?

Sherri
03-03-2009, 05:21 AM
I have had all three shirts mentioned here I can give a run down. Karins and the Metal scoop neck denim are designed to be identical. Karins if you can get one made is better it has the same cut but is made to your specs. Is Karin making shirts still?

Karin is in the process of making me a shirt right now....it should be ready any day.

Brian Hopper
03-03-2009, 09:02 AM
I think I will give her a call and get some information.