PDA

View Full Version : Cutting, Leptin & Carb Up meals

EMan
04-09-2002, 08:46 PM
Hi all,

I'm currently trying out this diet called the 'Ultimate Diet' posted on Elite. Lots of people rave about it.. anyway... it's based on eating lots of protein, med high quality fats and low carbs only post workout.

My question is about carbup/cheat days and leptin. I read Par Deus' articles but those left me a little confused.

How often should there be a cheat day? Once a week at 50% above maintenace cal level?
Should it be based on mainly carbs then protein then fats ?
Is it wise to workout on this 'cheat/carb up day' ?

Let me know about your experiences/knowledge.

Thanks. :help:

MonStar1023
04-10-2002, 04:11 AM
I would say 1-2 refeed days per week, depending on your goals. 30-40% above maintenace calories. Just keeping fat low and protein moderate with high carbs. :):)

MS

Logo
04-10-2002, 08:26 AM
EMan, how often you carbup, and how long is dependant on several factors. First of all it depends on how long you've been dieting and how low your leptin levels are already. The lower your leptin levels, then the longer the refeed. The longer the refeed the lower you should go above maintenance levels. Secondly, it depends on how your body reacts to the refeed. The best thing you can do is to buy some keto sticks from your local gnc. You really shouldn't come completely out of ketosis on a refeed.

EMan
04-10-2002, 12:33 PM
Thanks.

I"m not on keto actually.. =)