PDA

View Full Version : Newbies first pics

Ponge
03-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Hey guys,

My new years resolution this year was to get my fat arse down the gym and lose a bit of weight around my gut and chest. Needless to say I soon caught the weightlifting bug and weightloss is no longer my primary concern, I now just want to get bigger and tone what I do have.

I've now been going to the gym 3 times a week for about 8 weeks, doing a mixture of cardio (15 minutes intervals on stationary bike, 2km on rowing machine), machines (mainly lat pulldown, assisted chin, assisted dips, low/high/seated pulley, ab crunch) and more recently moving more towards freeweights (bicep curls, benchpress, incline bench press, barbell press, side raises, squats, lunges, standing barbell press).

I've tried to improve my diet, drastically cutting down on how much I was boozing, and I've been taking a protein supplement for the last week (Gold ON).

I know I'm not exactly a herculean monster at the moment, but I'd really appreciate some advice or critiques on where I can improve. I still feel pretty fat but I don't know if I am actually still pretty chubby or if I'm getting somewhere. I don't know whether I should be expecting better results after 8 weeks or if I need to start changing my routine.

Anyways, I'm 5,10 and currently 176lbs. I started at about 174lbs so not a lot of difference.

Here are the pics, hopefully in a few months (with your help) I'll have something a bit more impressive to post!

(sorry guys, I can't post links until I have a higher post count, if someone could relink these for me I'd appreciate it.)

Week 1:
i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu308/ponge_photos/week1.jpg

Week 2:
i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu308/ponge_photos/week2.jpg

Week 6:
i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu308/ponge_photos/week3.jpg

Week 8:
i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu308/ponge_photos/week4.jpg

I definatly feel a bit bigger around my lats (especially this last week since I started the protein shake) and chest, and my biceps feel a bit bigger, however I'm still just a bit concerned I'm not toning much and theres not much shape to me yet.

berfles
03-03-2009, 11:02 AM
Hey guys,

My new years resolution this year was to get my fat arse down the gym and lose a bit of weight around my gut and chest. Needless to say I soon caught the weightlifting bug and weightloss is no longer my primary concern, I now just want to get bigger and tone what I do have.

I've now been going to the gym 3 times a week for about 8 weeks, doing a mixture of cardio (15 minutes intervals on stationary bike, 2km on rowing machine), machines (mainly lat pulldown, assisted chin, assisted dips, low/high/seated pulley, ab crunch) and more recently moving more towards freeweights (bicep curls, benchpress, incline bench press, barbell press, side raises, squats, lunges, standing barbell press).

I've tried to improve my diet, drastically cutting down on how much I was boozing, and I've been taking a protein supplement for the last week (Gold ON).

I know I'm not exactly a herculean monster at the moment, but I'd really appreciate some advice or critiques on where I can improve. I still feel pretty fat but I don't know if I am actually still pretty chubby or if I'm getting somewhere. I don't know whether I should be expecting better results after 8 weeks or if I need to start changing my routine.

Anyways, I'm 5,10 and currently 176lbs. I started at about 174lbs so not a lot of difference.

Here are the pics, hopefully in a few months (with your help) I'll have something a bit more impressive to post!

(sorry guys, I can't post links until I have a higher post count, if someone could relink these for me I'd appreciate it.)

Week 1:
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu308/ponge_photos/week1.jpg

Week 2:
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu308/ponge_photos/week2.jpg

Week 6:
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu308/ponge_photos/week3.jpg

Week 8:
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu308/ponge_photos/week4.jpg

I definatly feel a bit bigger around my lats (especially this last week since I started the protein shake) and chest, and my biceps feel a bit bigger, however I'm still just a bit concerned I'm not toning much and theres not much shape to me yet.

Fixed pictures.

ZenMonkey
03-03-2009, 02:40 PM
Great work for 8 weeks. Youre gonna have a hard time doing both gaining muscle and losing fat. Youve probably experienced most of the newbie gains/body recomp. You might be able to ride them some more if you do the following:

Youll get better results if you
1. Do Starting Strength
2. Do cardio after lifting
3. Start a journal here and learn from some of the brightest minds in lifting (not me by any means)

pinhead666
03-05-2009, 05:14 PM
^^ what he said