PDA

View Full Version : Worried about my weight

ShaneSauce
03-03-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm almost 17 years old.
Went to the doctor to get my physical for football and I weighed in at 270, and I'm 6 feet tall.
I'm not really fat I'm just thick.

I usually take in 2000 calories a day, I don't see how I'm gaining so much weight.

I don't know if this is unhealthy but I feel pretty good, I can jog a mile in 11 minutes and I run a 5.2 in the 40 yard dash.
I bench 245 now and I squat 340.
I'm shooting for a spot on d-line this year.

I lift 5 days a week at school in my weightlifting class, and we start staying after school for football and we are going to start doing allot of cardio work which should help me slim up a little bit.

I'm mostly asking you guys how can I keep my weight around the same or maybe even lose some weight and tone up a little bit?

tomv
03-04-2009, 05:16 AM
More activity, less calories?
That's the simplest answer.
If you really are only eating 2000 calories a day (I don't mean to imply that you are lying, rather that you might be miscalculating) and exercise 5 days a week I'm very surprised you're not already quite lean. This could depend on the nutrient split of those 2000 calories though... Are you getting enough protein?

ShaneSauce
03-04-2009, 05:33 PM
I have only been lifting 5 days a week since late January, I just got back into lifting.
Before now the only time I ever lifted weights was the year and half I was in football which got me pretty strong.

During the week I'm at school at 8am and I don't get home until 5pm.

Here is a example of what I eat during the whole week,
8am - chewy granola bar, water or orange juice
10am - i lift from 9:30 to 10:45
11am - this is my lunch, i usually have a fried chicken sandwich or a small salad for lunch, a carton of milk and a 32oz gatorade and sometimes a granola bar
*I don't eat anything from 11am to 5pm*
5pm - grab a snack, usually a turkey sandwich and some baked chips
7pm - Usually eat dinner around this time, I take in about 1000-1500 calories here
*I try to eat tuna for dinner when possible, I was taking a protein shake every day with 70g of protein but I thought it was making me gain too much weight*

How many carbohydrates should I be taking in?
Fats?
Sugars?
Protein?

TKisner
03-04-2009, 08:29 PM
fitday.com, your eating alot more than 2,000 cals.

ShaneSauce
03-05-2009, 07:15 PM
I usually don't eat that much.

Just a salad for lunch, a gatorade, a snack when I get home and dinner.

But some days its anywhere from 2000-3000

Ben Moore
03-05-2009, 10:05 PM
fitday.com, your eating alot more than 2,000 cals.
Not necessarily - at that age you can put on weight just walking by a weightroom.

tomv
03-08-2009, 04:45 AM
Yeah agreed I wouldn't worry about Fitday,
I'd say trade the Gatorade for water or sugar free Gatorade (if you love the taste or w/e). Could also try swapping one of those big gatorades for that protein shake you got rid of. Rather have the protein then the sugar.
You're not eating a lot of protein so maybe chuck a bit of tuna or chicken in the the salad. Not fried chicken.
Probably try and stay away from things like baked chips, swap it for some roasted cashews or almonds (but don't eat heaps of them). Reason being baked chips have unhealthy fats and carbs whereas nuts have healthy fats and protein.