PDA

View Full Version : Big win at UPA Super Qualifier!

DrDudley-Robey
03-04-2009, 01:15 AM
March 1st at the UPA Super Qualifer at Team Super Training in Sacramento, California, Edward "Doctor Bench" Dudley-Robey, M.D. won the 165lb class with a bench of 425. His lift set a new UPA National submaster record and set new California state records in the open and submaster divisions. This marks the third meet in a row where he has set a national level or higher open or submaster record in 3 different federations (AAFPF, GPC, UPA) including a Bronze Medal at the 2008 GPC world championships!

This meet was hosted by powerlifting superstar Mark Bell and featured top lifters such as Chad Aichs and Steve Wong. A huge thanks also goes out to Dalen Randa of Diablo Barbell who stepped in at the last minute and helped Doctor Bench at the meet!

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
03-04-2009, 06:12 AM
Congratulations!!

drmobley
03-04-2009, 09:02 AM
Great Lifting Doc! Congratulations!!!

Brian Hopper
03-04-2009, 09:55 AM
Congrats!

Brian C
03-04-2009, 11:46 AM
425 @ 165 is awesome! Congrats. I'd love to hear about your training methods

DrDudley-Robey
03-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Thanks for all of your support! Here is the video from the meet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyfnnDq0J2M&feature=channel_page

Phillip Wylie
03-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Congrats!

DrDudley-Robey
03-04-2009, 05:58 PM
425 @ 165 is awesome! Congrats. I'd love to hear about your training methods

I would be happy to answer any questions you have. I train bench 2 days a week, one speed the other max effort. Speed days are raw and along with regular bench include sets of three reps in 3 seconds, lots of pin presses and hammer curls, occ bands and chains, back rows and triceps.

Max effort days are shirted after warm-up sets and depending on where in the training cycle I am include boards and multiple reps along with the support exercises.

Focus for both days is on maintaining good form and not getting injured. If possible I also sit in the steam room after each work out to help speed recovery for the next session.

I will work on taking a video of one of my training days and post it. :strong:

teeroy
03-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Congrats! Wish I would have known there was a meet in Sac. I would have gone to watch since I live there.

PS, I'm also in Bakersfield 4 days a week for a project. Where do you train there?

DrDudley-Robey
03-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Congrats! Wish I would have known there was a meet in Sac. I would have gone to watch since I live there.

PS, I'm also in Bakersfield 4 days a week for a project. Where do you train there?

You missed a great meet with a lot of top lifters. Super training has a website that lists all their meets (they hold alot of meets)
http://supertraininggym.com/mbbs22/category-view.asp

Normally I go to Strength and Health it is the most powerlifting inclined gym out here.

MarcusWild
03-05-2009, 11:13 AM

Super Training has a couple of more meets coming up.

USPF on April, 26th
UPA on May, 24th

DrDudley-Robey
03-10-2009, 02:24 AM
Here is an article on the win from today's Bakersfield Californian Newspaper!

http://www.bakersfield.com/136/story/711725.html