PDA

View Full Version : Is this bad?

vdizenzo
03-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Interestingly I have these strange bruises above both my armpits. The left being much worse than the right. I did not get them after benching. It was after squatting. I squatted with Dave Tate and Joey Smith. We went off a super high box. Rhodes shut me down at 850 no gear. I wanted more (yes, I outsquatted those guys, but Dave crushed me on reps with 9 reps at 670, I only did 1--anything worth lifting only needs to be done for 1). I think it was the handles on Daves crazy Spider Bar. I hope this does not cause me problems competing this weekend. Oh well, we'll see what happens.

KarstenDD
03-05-2009, 04:46 PM
I think you accidently the whole spider bar.

Travis Bell
03-05-2009, 04:55 PM
That's hardcore!!

850 is no joke Vin!

The bruise really looks like a surface bruise because of how dissapated the color is. I've torn a pec (back in highschool) and seen pec tears since and the color is a solid dark dark purple and red. That more looks like a compression bruise, like it busted a bunch of capilaries. It should get more yellowish as time goes on. If it gets worse and you get a lot of stiffness in the area, then maybe there is indeed some damage, but if you don't get either, you're good to go.

LOL you're probably the broadest shoulders that have ever been under that bar. I've gotten similar bruises from really heavy squatting with the SSB, just more on top of my shoulders and traps

=Travis=
03-05-2009, 05:39 PM
Could be Marfan's

Pete22
03-05-2009, 06:16 PM
How'd you like the Spider Bar?

Mercuryblade
03-05-2009, 06:39 PM
I think you accidently the whole spider bar.

The whole thing?

Eric Downey
03-05-2009, 07:18 PM
That's hardcore!!

850 is no joke Vin!

The bruise really looks like a surface bruise because of how dissapated the color is. I've torn a pec (back in highschool) and seen pec tears since and the color is a solid dark dark purple and red. That more looks like a compression bruise, like it busted a bunch of capilaries. It should get more yellowish as time goes on. If it gets worse and you get a lot of stiffness in the area, then maybe there is indeed some damage, but if you don't get either, you're good to go.

LOL you're probably the broadest shoulders that have ever been under that bar. I've gotten similar bruises from really heavy squatting with the SSB, just more on top of my shoulders and traps

IM WITH TRAVIS IT LOOKS LIKE JUST SURFACE STUFF.

FFHill
03-05-2009, 07:33 PM
it looks pretty cool though.

MarcusWild
03-05-2009, 09:43 PM
How high was the high box? 850 is a crazy weight to handle raw. Good luck this weekend! I've been watching the videos of your training. Go get 900+

Brian C
03-06-2009, 07:08 AM
Battle wounds are cool