PDA

View Full Version : Workout hard or not?

TekPlay
03-05-2009, 11:31 PM
Hey guys, I am wondering...if for whatever reason, somehow you haven't gotten enough sleep for the last few days but you have still been eating what you need, will there ever be a time when skipping a workout is best for your body to recover? Cause as of late, I've only been getting about 10 hours of sleep per four days, due to my workload and work, and although I have no problem fitting in a gym session, I can't seem to get good sleep unless I'm sitting at my lecture halls. And no, I am not trying to look for an easy way out, but I've only just learned how crucial rest was when I started monitoring my rest, nutrition, and training. Thanks for any help!

MPB
03-06-2009, 12:04 AM
What do you do for a living to get 2.5 hours of sleep everyday?

TekPlay
03-06-2009, 01:34 AM
I'm a student lol. Not every week is this way though, but I am generally at lack of sleep by 2-3 hours per day, so I get around 5-6 hrs in general. This week was one of the more worst scenarios due to filming and projects. I also work right after school(uni) on some days. Weekends I generally get a good amount of sleep though, I try to sleep in as much as I can to make up for the hours, but there are times when I stay up late at night too, so on average weekend days I get alittle over 7 hours of sleep.

Holto
03-06-2009, 12:17 PM
I think if you're extremely run down, skip it. You won't perform that well and your recovery will me impaired. This is where the dedication to the iron needs to manifest as dedication to school by staying ahead...

rbtrout
03-06-2009, 12:27 PM
I agree and disagree with Holto. If it's only a few hours of sleep a night and only for a week, I'd work through it. If that last longer, then I'd start skipping workouts. BUT, you're the one who has to decide on what you do. If you don't feel up to it, then don't lift.

TekPlay
03-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Thanks guys lol, that helped. This is kind of off topic from that the thread now, but how can someone determine how much protein their body can absorb at once? Or in general. Cause I know you can't just wake up in the morning and down 300gs of protein and be done with it lol. I have a friend who just buys all his shakes or those little protein shots(gellylike substance), and he just downs like 100 grams in one or two times. We had an argument the other day about how some of that protein could be going to waste if the body can't absorb that much at once. How much protein max do you guys suggest someone consume at once?

Holto
03-07-2009, 04:50 PM
How much protein max do you guys suggest someone consume at once?

This has been discussed to death. A search will yield hours of reading.

The best answer for someone new to formulating a nutrition plan is to divide your daily intake by your number of meals.