PDA

View Full Version : Diet advice??

DaRican
03-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Hey everyone im new around here. I am looking to get back to about 200lbs or under. I started out at 250 and currently sit at 233lbs. I cut back on my drinking and started going to the gym again now that I have been cleared by the doctor to work out. I never really did healthy dieting before and was looking for some advice or tips to reach my goal. My long term goals are to get toned but put on mass on a leaner frame. The weight isn't a problem its the the body fat. I also stepped up my cardio. Any help would be great thanks in advance.

DaRican
03-06-2009, 10:54 AM
I tried to post up pics but it wont let me til I get to 10 so they will be up soon.

beaverfootball
03-06-2009, 11:52 AM
I just started a thread like an hour ago. Its like 3 down from this one.

its right here though.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=122007

rbtrout
03-06-2009, 12:31 PM
My long term goals are to get toned but put on mass on a leaner frame. The weight isn't a problem its the the body fat. I also stepped up my cardio. Any help would be great thanks in advance.

Make sure you understand that is two different things. Getting 'toned' is a result of what you eat, or not eat in this case, and some weight training. Put on mass on a leaner frame is again the result of what you eat, more so in this case.
I understand you're worried about bodyfat. I'd clean up the diet severly, but eat more than maitenance. This will help get rid of the bodyfat, while eating extra to build muscle.