PDA

View Full Version : Results on a cut

yankeekd25
03-06-2009, 11:04 AM
I'm cutting, and I am tracking everything I eat through fitday. Does Results have any calories... how do you count it?

deeder
03-07-2009, 10:48 AM
http://atlargenutrition.com/facts23.html

80g of dextrose = 320 calories.

yankeekd25
03-07-2009, 06:15 PM
http://atlargenutrition.com/facts23.html

80g of dextrose = 320 calories.

Wow. Should I not use it on a cut then? That's a lot of cals and carbs when I'm only gonna be eating about 2100/ 100grams carbs.

anonymous1
03-08-2009, 06:50 AM
I think you should budget some more carbs into that 2100 cals so you can have some more flexibility. At the end of the day, it's just a judgment call on your part,

Brodiesel
03-08-2009, 09:05 AM
creatine on a cut might make you hold some water weight, correct?

anonymous1
03-08-2009, 11:10 AM
You really should research the things you are curious about independently or you end up believing and perpetuating myth's like 90% of the people. The one Brodiesel came out with isn't a myth, but still misleading. You will retain some water weight, but it is the water inside your muscle cells meaning any visual effect from this would be bigger muscles.

yankeekd25
03-08-2009, 12:11 PM
You really should research the things you are curious about independently or you end up believing and perpetuating myth's like 90% of the people. The one Brodiesel came out with isn't a myth, but still misleading. You will retain some water weight, but it is the water inside your muscle cells meaning any visual effect from this would be bigger muscles.

I don't care too much about this. Does the dextrose have any negative effects on losing fat. I tend to easily store carbs as fat so I am trying to avoid them.

anonymous1
03-08-2009, 12:22 PM
If you store carbs easily as fat, than yes the dextrose may make you gain some fat. The good thing is, this is dose-dependant. The most effective way we know how to take creatine is basically the way AtLarge designed results, but it may have too many carbs for your specific needs. You can still use straight mono with some dextrose that is more in line with your diet and be good to go.

I still think you can use those 80g of carbs during your pre/post workout time. Carbs have a lot to do with timing and not overall grams because insulin is involved.

Cirino83
03-10-2009, 11:54 AM
I wouldn't use it on a cut, where you are limiting your carbs

yankeekd25
03-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. As hard as it is for me to cut it out due to its effectiveness, I cannot afford the carbs/ sugar. Looks like I'm saving it till bulk time.

Tom Mutaffis
03-11-2009, 10:11 AM
You will need some carbs pre and post workout when cutting otherwise your workouts are going to suffer drastically. Taking in 80 grams of dextrose might be a bit high for some people, although it would be optimal for someone looking for maximum strength gains. You could use a half serving of Results pre-workout if you are interested in keeping the beta alanine and creatine in your routine to help drive your lifts.

If you decide to hold off on the Results for this training cycle I would still suggest some simple carbs such as a banana or honey pre-workout and post-workout. Low carb dieting zaps your strength rather quickly (this is the reason that the anabolic diet does not work for strength athletes after the first couple of weeks).

coltboostin
03-11-2009, 05:47 PM
You will need some carbs pre and post workout when cutting otherwise your workouts are going to suffer drastically. Taking in 80 grams of dextrose might be a bit high for some people, although it would be optimal for someone looking for maximum strength gains. You could use a half serving of Results pre-workout if you are interested in keeping the beta alanine and creatine in your routine to help drive your lifts.

If you decide to hold off on the Results for this training cycle I would still suggest some simple carbs such as a banana or honey pre-workout and post-workout. Low carb dieting zaps your strength rather quickly (this is the reason that the anabolic diet does not work for strength athletes after the first couple of weeks).

HE about covered it. Carbs are still vital for cellular energy production, so ingest them when needed-just not before bedtime!

chris mason
03-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Yeah, what idiot would use RESULTS on a cut???

This idiot! Here is the deal, forget the carb content, the other ingredients in RESULTS will help you to maintain or even build lean muscle mass while in a caloric deficit. I 100% recommend it for a cut...

http://atlargenutrition.com/images/chris/lat_stretch.jpg

yankeekd25
03-11-2009, 08:55 PM

I still eat about 100 grams of carbs, predominatly during pre/post workout. Before I lift, I have a protein shake w/ milk, oats, and usually some chicken/ brown rice. Post workout I have another shake with some sort of fruit. I also tons of veggies during the day, which quickly adds up to 100.

Yeah, what idiot would use RESULTS on a cut???

This idiot! Here is the deal, forget the carb content, the other ingredients in RESULTS will help you to maintain or even build lean muscle mass while in a caloric deficit. I 100% recommend it for a cut...

http://atlargenutrition.com/images/chris/lat_stretch.jpg

That is one helluva picture Chris. Nice work. I may start to incorporate one scoop of Results in my preworkout shake. I do miss it. For the two weeks I used it I loved it and felt my strength increasing each day I went to the gym. 40 grams of carbs, however, is nearly 40% of my daily intake and that is a lot. I guess I could cut out the milk from my shakes and use water though?? Does Results have any protein content?

chris mason
03-11-2009, 08:59 PM
I still eat about 100 grams of carbs, predominatly during pre/post workout. Before I lift, I have a protein shake w/ milk, oats, and usually some chicken/ brown rice. Post workout I have another shake with some sort of fruit. I also tons of veggies during the day, which quickly adds up to 100.

That is one helluva picture Chris. Nice work. I may start to incorporate one scoop of Results in my preworkout shake. I do miss it. For the two weeks I used it I loved it and felt my strength increasing each day I went to the gym. 40 grams of carbs, however, is nearly 40% of my daily intake and that is a lot. I guess I could cut out the milk from my shakes and use water though?? Does Results have any protein content?

I used RESULTS daily when on the cut I did for that pic. It contains no protein per se. I lost over 20 lbs of fat in 30 days and maintained my strength - no mean feat...

Davey
03-12-2009, 07:51 AM
Chris, what is your opinion on taking half of the results before workout and the other half after workout + some waxi maize and protein?

Or do you recommend taking the full serving before working out and having a regular PWOS afterwards?

chris mason
03-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Chris, what is your opinion on taking half of the results before workout and the other half after workout + some waxi maize and protein?

Or do you recommend taking the full serving before working out and having a regular PWOS afterwards?

Either way would be very comparably effective in my opinion.

RichMcGuire
03-12-2009, 11:47 PM
I still think you can use those 80g of carbs during your pre/post workout time. Carbs have a lot to do with timing and not overall grams because insulin is involved.

I used RESULTS daily when on the cut I did for that pic. It contains no protein per se. I lost over 20 lbs of fat in 30 days and maintained my strength - no mean feat...

Pretty much sums it up here. Atlarge sells some of the best products around. Retaining your strength on a cut like Chris did is very important. If you can retain or even increase your strength slightly while on a cut, thats a very good sign you arent losing muscle mass.