PDA

View Full Version : Last minute challenge to all Powerlifters not yet bald!

RHarris
03-06-2009, 03:17 PM
Ok Troops,
Short notice, I know, but I just became aware of this event last night. This thing is going on all over the country and looks like a good time to support a great cause. I've got my personal reasons to do so (below) but look around in your own area. Throw a buck or two in the hat if you've got it or just have a couple of drinks and support the folks who are there.

Back when I was in jr. high school, I think it was, the family next door to us has a beautiful baby daughter. And I of course, fell in love with her as an adoptive older brother type. Then when she was only a couple of years old, she was struck with lukemia. She suffered the ravages of the disease and of the chemo-therapy. Sadly she was soon after lost to us.

Two things I'll never forget is the sense of helplessness but more importantly I'll never forget her angelic smile which never faded. So here's my chance to do a little bit to honor that smile that has never left me and maybe make a couple of other folks smile in the process. Here's the link to the event website so you can see some details for yourself.
Kick in a couple of bucks to a great cause if you can, and if not, just smile and hug someone you love today.

Best to all,
Robert HarrisLas Vegas, NV http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/shavee_info.php?ParticipantKey

PS... Can't wait to wake up Sunday morning and look like a real powerlifter. LMAO.. This is gonna put at least 50 lbs on my PRs!

Tom Mutaffis
03-09-2009, 01:17 PM
The link does not appear to be working... it said that it could not locate the "participant page".

RHarris
03-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Tom,
Thanks for the heads up. The event Saturday night in Vegas was an absolute blast. A lot of good folks having a good time for a great cause. I'll be doing it again next year too. Any one interested (and of course they can use contributions any time) just go to www.stbaldricks.org . If you want to get to my (or anyone else's particular page) just click on the find a participant link and enter the name.

Best to all and thanks for the interest.
Robert Harris,
Las Vegas, NV

Sensei
03-10-2009, 09:11 AM
Sorry I missed this when it was posted. I made a very small donation.

Thanks for posting it.

RHarris
03-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Sorry I missed this when it was posted. I made a very small donation.

Thanks for posting it.

There are no small donations to good cause. Thank you and to all who viewed the post, whether your circumstances permitted a monetary donation or not. Even a good thought builds the positive momentum these children deserve.

Humbly,
Robert Harris
Las Vegas, NV