PDA

View Full Version : Another Good Reason to Eat Fish...

Hunt
04-10-2002, 07:10 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A22527-2002Apr9.html

This article covers two different long term studies that have confirmed and strengthened evidence for n-3 fatty acids in fish oils (salmon, swordfish, tuna) being protective against sudden cardiac arrest. They even mention the value of flax seed oil here. Check it out. :)

Joe Black
04-12-2002, 04:05 PM
I really do like fish and its something I don't eat too much.

Maybe thats why lol, cause i am going off chicken and tuna cause i eat it so much!!!

*goes to buy some fish ;)

Jane
04-12-2002, 05:03 PM
Tuna is not a fish?? :omg:

Joe Black
04-12-2002, 05:06 PM
i try to eat as little of it as I can.

I got bored of it like 3 years ago lol..

eating it plain for 4 months hs left serious phsychological effects on me i think. lol

Blood&Iron
04-12-2002, 05:51 PM
'Cept swordfish contains a hell of a lot of methyl-mercury. I'd personally avoid it. Tuna has the same problem, though, to a lesser extent(I stick with skipjack which has much less than albacore.) And since most salmon is farm-raised it tends not to have the same levels of n-3s as wild salmon does.

Sardines are a great source of n-3s(About 3g per can) and I used to eat 'em all the time, but can't stand them anymore. That's why I take fish oil capsules. Much easier, IMO.

Shocker
04-12-2002, 06:02 PM
my father died like that, no warning, just popped his cork at age 42 yrs.

i eat heaps of fish and am a sushi freak.

Shocker
04-12-2002, 06:05 PM
yesterday I ate a huge thick slice of ocean trout with wild rice and cucumber - yummo, I love the deeply orange fish most.