PDA

View Full Version : Dan's First Competition Journal!

Pages : [1] 2

danmac
03-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Alright so a little about me first. I don't know if anyone will read this, but it will at least give me a place to record my progress and maybe get some tips from experienced members.

I started lifting weights when i was 16 at 125 lbs. Didn't touch my legs and did the classic one body part a day routine till i was about 21. I gained about 25 pounds in the first year and stayed there. A year or two i discovered this site, which lead to reading starting strength and i started squatting and deadlifting. I fell in love with being stronger and now at 23 I weigh in just shy of 200.

So I have decided to compete in July 2009. I am struggling to find a good gym in the area that supports powerlifting but ill do what i can for now. My personal gym bests are -

Squat - 385 (EDIT: Current 515 singly ply (probably high but **** everyone), 415 no wraps)
Dead - 455 (EDIT: Current 507)
Bench - 335 (EDIT: Current 345 raw, 408 paused single ply)

I hope to shatter my squat record this friday, I am training with a really experienced squatter who is going to teach me how to wrap my knees.
I will be doing my first competition raw and I planned to be a lifetime natural. As i post my workouts please post if you see any issues.

Thanks for reading!

Dan

danmac
03-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Monday March 9 - Deadlift Day
Feeling tired today, back was a bit sore from last week.

Deadlift -
135x5
225x5
315x5
405x3
415x3
415x3
405x3

Pullups -
BWx10
BW+45 x 10
BW+45 x 10
BW + 45 x 7
BWx10

DB Curls -
35x10
25x15
25x15

The deadlifts felt good today. Before this week i was always working up to one heavy set of 1-5 reps. But on the advice of an experienced powerlifter i am going to try to get a bit more volume for a bit. By the 4th heavy set i was gassing, i meant to do 5 heavy sets.

The high rep curls are there to ring up some lagging arms, its not that i have small arms but my shoulders back and chest have grown so much that my arms look small haha.

Thanks for reading.

roots
03-09-2009, 08:56 PM
nice progress so far. Im gonna have to start training with you for bench, you can give me some tips. And then i can give you some deadlift tips haha

danmac
03-10-2009, 12:33 AM
Yeah I am making some boards tomorrow for bench day on wednesday, I'll let you know how it goes maybe you can join one of these days.

heathj
03-10-2009, 01:10 AM
nice work. you going to keep training raw or add some equipment in at some point? i am one for raw personally, but to each his own.

danmac
03-10-2009, 09:59 AM
The plan right now is to stay raw. But a lot of the guys I will be competing against will be wearing gear, so who knows if I will be saying that in a year or two.

A 405 raw bench is definitely one of my long term goals though. A friend of mine argued with me last week and said I would NEVER reach it. I plan to prove him wrong.

No workout today. I have cut down to three days a week. I was doing BGB before this, but i was training like a power lifter. Treating the 5x5 part as like a max single heavy set (like west side for skinny bastards) and the rest as accessory. The problem was there was to much volume, especially on my lower back.

Bench day tomorrow, I expect some stares. I am changing gyms and I am brining boards into a family fitness facility haha. But I talked to a guy who works there and he said its cool and that there are others that have done it.

Thanks for reading.

roots
03-10-2009, 03:30 PM
why are you switching to the ray? i heard its even worse than the Y.

danmac
03-10-2009, 04:52 PM
I was told that there are a few guys that powerlift that train there, Ryan said he has seen board pressing. I am pretty sure the Y would have me kicked out for bringing in boards. The second reason is that i have no training partners at the Y, Lots of people go to the Ray. Thirdly, you get a pass for the ORC as well, which has squash courts.

danmac
03-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Alright so today was the first day at a new gym with a new training partner. They gym was alright, really quite. Apparently it picks up later in the day.

Today was ME bench day, i was supposed to do board presses but my board construction was held back this morning when my drill died.

Bench - Good old flat bench,

135x8
225x8
275x3
315x1 (paused)
325x1(paused)
325x1 (paused)
335x1 (touch and go)
345x1 (T and G, spotter had to touch bar about half way)

Standing Overhead Press
These were done with about 60 second breaks, got real tired at the end

115x10
115x10
115x8
95x10
95x10

Triceps press down
Some high rep tricep work, short breaks again, not sure on the weight.
145 ish x 15 x 4

roots
03-11-2009, 10:19 PM
badass bench workout man..

ps. check out my brothers deadlift in the video section

danmac
03-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Thats a pretty sick dead lift hes got going. I may have to try to match it next week.

roots
03-12-2009, 07:44 PM
don't, you might get a hernia

danmac
03-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Already have one. Hasn't stopped me yet.

Anyway to anyone reading this, maybe you noticed it in the power lifting section but i am going to try to break an Ontario bench record! I will need to bench 402 by the end of December this year. And with a shirt, apparently this is doable!

Also tomorrow im squatting with some experienced guys, going to learn to wrap my knees and see how i do with some singles. Im ready for my total to shoot up a few pounds!

roots
03-12-2009, 10:54 PM
get some videos up... and post under danicutor

danmac
03-13-2009, 12:01 PM
What you don't believe me? haha
I will record my deadlift when it gets to 500 lbs, and you can get video at the meet.

danmac
03-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Amazing workout today. Only did squats. Did box squats for the first time really quickly, and wrapped my knees for the first time. Set a 50 LB PR!!!!

I trained with a real experienced squatter, aparently my depth before this was a little high, he said it would pass but just. So we worked on getting really deep today so there would be no question. He also helped me with my hand and bar placement, as well as breathing and hip drive. Basically everything, i had too many things to think about haha.

Squat
135x8
135x8 box squats
225x3 box (way harder than it should have been, aparently i need work here)
225x3 box
315x2 (again way harder than it was supposed to be, I was thinking about so many things)
315x2 (easy much better)
365x1
385x1 (old PR, did this without a belt!)
405x1 (New pr, belt on, thought my face was going to explode haha)
405x1 (belt/knee wraps on first time, ugly looking lift but it went no prob)
435x1 (belt/wraps, went better than the 405!)

And that was it! NEW 50 lb PR!!!! felt amazing! Talked with the guys after about everything, they were extremely helpful and invited me back next week. I am really pumped about this lately. Hopefully people read this journal, because i see good things in my future!

danmac
03-15-2009, 07:56 AM
Ah my legs are killing me today. I guess i had taken almost two weeks off from any squatting before friday, and man do my legs ache. I think i will wait till tuesday before deadlifting this week.

Persicutor
03-15-2009, 02:38 PM
Nice! Thats a huge PR on squats. What are going for next week for deads?

danmac
03-15-2009, 03:00 PM
476! hahaha

danmac
03-17-2009, 02:43 PM
So i felt like **** today. No idea why, nutritionally i thought everything was in line so I may just be fighting something. I am going to try to drink more water too, i lost my nalgene the other day and definitely haven't been putting back nearly as much water since its gone.
Anyway started this workout feeling like vomitting and with a headache.

Deadlifts
135x5
225x5
315x5
405x3
455x0 (missed right at the start)
455x0 (same)
455X0 (So frustrated, this was not a PR attempt, this was suposed to be the set before i tried 475)
405x1 just to feel better
435x1

PUllups
bw x 10
bw x 8
bw x 8

Core work

So that was the worst workout in recent memory. I had no drive and felt lazy throughout. Even the pull ups didnt feel good.

I think i need some work on my deadlift. I notice my ass is coming up way too soon and I end up strait legging most of it. That was the issue with the heavy sets, my legs were damn near locked out and the weight was only 4 inches off the ground.

I will make a thread asking for some advice on how to work on this.

roots
03-17-2009, 06:39 PM
thats gay. For the deads, try pushing more from the heels, it helps keep your hips down.

on a side note, i feel like **** and have a cold. so deads might be terrible tomorow.

danmac
03-19-2009, 02:59 PM
Bench Day

Bench
135x8
185x5
225x3
275x1 (i might have skipped this, i dont remember)
315x1 (paused)
335x1 (touch and go) This one we got on video, i was way to slow coming down. Will post in video section soon.
345x0 Failed (also on video, wont be posted haha)
345x1 Spotter touching

4 board press
315x1
405x1
425x1
405x1
405x1

Overhead press (short breaks, building some shoulder endurance)
115x10
115x10 (turning into push presses)
115x10 (all push presses)
95x10 (push presses)
95x10 (push presses)

Triceps extension (rope)
30x20x4

Felt good and strong, need to work on my descent in bench and i think i got some more in me.

Hazerboy
03-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Your numbers look great man. Based on your pull ups and squat numbers, I'd say your deadlift should rocket up pretty soon.Do you pull conventional or sumo?

Don't be afraid to try lower reps for chins and pull ups - I've found that the more I hammer my chin ups and pull ups, my deadlift goes up, often without me actually deadlifting! (as long as I'm still squatting).

danmac
03-19-2009, 04:22 PM
Up to this point i have always pulled conventional. I will be trying sumo for the first time next week. Hopefully that fixes my leg drive problems, but we will see.

I used to do alot more lower rep pull ups and chins, and when i was lighter (about 165) had dreams of doing a double body weight pull up. I was told now to work some higher rep stuff to get some lat growth.. to help with my bench.

I guess its hard to move all three lifts at once! I will incorporate some heavy pull ups every second week i think, alternating with deadlifts.

tomv
03-19-2009, 05:16 PM
Some big numbers you're moving mate, I'm sure you get some funny looks board pressing and using knee wraps in a "family fitness facility" haha.

danmac
03-19-2009, 05:28 PM
Some big numbers you're moving mate, I'm sure you get some funny looks board pressing and using knee wraps in a "family fitness facility" haha.

Hahaha Thanks man.
I trained with a couple friends today and we were definitely the center of attention. I felt like i was sneaking my boards in. I didn't want to get stopped at the door, so i put them in my duffel bag so that just the one board stuck out and kept it below counter level when i swiped.

And for those who didn't catch it in the powerlifting section...

DmE3yg2Mh8w&

danmac
03-21-2009, 11:55 AM
Squat day

Woke up this morning really stuffed up, getting a cold i guess.

Squats
135x5
225x5
275x3
315x1
365x1
belt on
405x1 (new pr, sort of, last time i did it the spotter touched a bit, today was with no spotter, felt great but took a **** load out of me)
385x1 (feeling real tired, cold catching up to me)
385x1 (grinded it out)
385x0 (first time i failed a squat! just put it down in the power rack, i was exausted)

At this point i was really tired and started to do good mornings, did a bit of a warm up on them then decided i was too tired haha.

Reverse hypers
bwx10
25x10
25x10

Did some intense static stretching afterwards. I am going to be really concentrating on my hip/ hamstring flexibility.

danmac
03-23-2009, 01:14 PM
Figured some things out today. I had switched to water socks on advice from the forums for last weeks deadlifts, and i had no leg drive. I attributed it to some form issue and ignored that i had changed shoes. To fix this leg drive problem this week i started with sumo deadlifts.

Regular runners ON
Sumo Deadlift
135x6
225x5
315x3 (these all felt awesome, wieght moved really fast, could really feel leg drive)
Water Shoes ON
405x1 (SLOWWWWWW)
435x0 (didnt even move)
405x1 (Slooooow and ugly, limited leg drive)

At this point i got a little mad, i know i shoudl be able to pull this, but i attribute it to being becuase its my first time doing sumo. At this point i thought i would experiment wiht some stuff.

315x1 (tried a really wide stance, Very slow, no pop)
315x1 (narrower sumo stance, same as before)

Sumo over, trying conventional.
315x1 (CLose stance, on plate, snatch grip)
365x1 (close stance, on plate, snatch grip)

Took shoes off and put runners back on, figured i would do a few more sets since i just did a bunch of light singles.

315x1 (this moved really fast)
405x1 (Really fast again)
THE SHOES, i figured it out. It was the lack of heal that was getting rid of my elg drive in my "deadlifting" shoes.
455x1 (Nice and smooth) **** YA, that was bothering me that i couldnt get that last week.
475x0 (Figured i would try a new pr, it moved off the floor great and i got stuck about half way and gave up way to fast, the guy i was with said i would have got it had i just stuck it out, but i was real tired and fighitng a cold. Next week)

Cable twists
20x10
35x10
35x10 (from above)

Strait bar curls
95x10x4

Weighted ball -wall toss
5kg ball, first line x10
5kg ball, second line x10 (the lines are printed on the floor, its meaningless to anyone reading it but its for my record haha)

So yeah i figured it out! I deadlift better in regular shoes. 475 next monday. Mark my words.

danmac
03-24-2009, 10:07 AM
I just finished my first session of foam rolling. I followed the T-nation article called "feel better for ten bucks". It was unbelievably painful. I guess my myofascial whatever is under alot of tension. It feels good now though, kind of like after a massage. I will be adding this into my daily routine, seeing as i find i am tight all the damn time lately.

roots
03-24-2009, 11:53 AM
you bought a foam roller, or using someone elses? Also, check the comment on your youtube vid haha

I think i'm the only person following your journal haha.

danmac
03-24-2009, 01:51 PM
Thats what im here for big guy.
And i bought one.

danmac
03-25-2009, 10:51 AM
So This journal that no one reads will be taking a change of pace for the next seven weeks starting monday. I plan on dropping to 183 using a carb cycling diet (UD2). I want to lean up a bit for summer, i know its not the best idea for powerlifting but i just feel heavy and out of shape lately. I have always been fairly lean, but I gained about 35 pounds since last summer and not all of it was muscle. So hopefully my numbers dont suffer to much, and hopefully i will look good and feel better by summer.

I am also doing morning stretching/ foam rolling proposed by defranco. I feel amazing in the morning after i do them.

roots
03-25-2009, 11:45 AM
you still planning on competing in the 90kg class?

danmac
03-26-2009, 11:46 AM
Yeah ill probably put on some weight in the two months before the meet, i might only be 190 or so though. Oh well.

Yesterdays workout- bad eating today, wasnt a great workout. Just kinda did some ****, no real direction.

Bench
135x8
225x8
275x3
315x1
340x1 (spotter touch)
340x1 (spotter Touch)
315x1

Reverse grip bench
275x3
275x3
225x5

Push press
135x5
185x3
195x1

Strict shoulder press
95x10x5 sets, short breaks

Triceps press down (rope)
35x25x4

danmac
03-29-2009, 12:36 PM
No squat day on friday. Went to the gym did a few warm ups and my back started tightening up. Wasnt in the mood to do much, messed around with some bench stuff trying to use my lats properly. Also helped a friend do his 1rm on bench, he had never tried it and wanted to see. He said he had benched 275 for 5, but when i saw him bench i saw why, elbows at 90 degrees and only came down about 6 inches. So we worked on that for a while, turns out he can only get like a single at 185 when went to his chest.

Anyway, diet starts tomorrow so i binge drank and ate everything all weekend. Good weekend.

roots
03-29-2009, 07:42 PM
who was that?

danmac
03-30-2009, 01:14 PM
You wouldn't know him, he just trains at the same time as me alot and we talk.

As for today's workout. The first on UD2. Today i am carb depleted and felt like ****, i wont even write down what my workout was like. But it started wiht compounds until i felt sick then i went to isolations, and i still felt sick so i left shortly after. I remember this feeling from last time i did a carb cycle, it sucks.

Anyway, i know they get better as your body gets used to it.

Punk In Drublic
04-03-2009, 06:02 AM
Ouch. I considered doing a PSMF in the past but I'm not sure if I have that kind of dedication!

I guess this is my "stick in there buddy!" post.

danmac
04-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Haha well i guess i got your post one day too late. ^

I had another carb depleted workout on tuesday, just as bad as mondays. Then thursday night i got to have some carbs and do a lower volume workout. It was again brutal, i felt week as a kitten and got tired fast. So that sucked, but then i still had saturdays low rep workout to look forward too.

Carb loaded all friday. Expected to put big numbers up, wanted to set at least one small PR. AND...... Nothing. I couldnt even come close to old PRs. It was horrible, i felt dehydrated like i was hungover even though i had been downing water constantly the day and morning before.

Anyway I decided its not worth it. I dont care about losing weight and looking better if i am going to get weaker and feel like **** doing so. I will still watch my carbs, try to keep them around my workouts and stuff and try to get more veggies in. But nothing this extreme. I was pissed after my workout. Left the gym to go out for a huge burger and fries, and a large milkshake, and then beer. Then went out for pizza later. Today was no better. Dieting sucks and i dont recommend it to anyone.

Anyway, back to real training. I may take next week off to let some back tightness/soreness subside. Im trying to do some foam rolling and stretching for it, but i think it needs the time off too. Then i have to find a concrete plan to work with for the upcoming weeks before July 18, expect a post in the power lifting section.

roots
04-05-2009, 06:21 PM
****, that sucks. dieting is brutal, but I might have to do a slight cut for the july meet. I want to be just under 220. currently at 225. when are you signing up for that meet?

danmac
04-05-2009, 07:35 PM
I don't know, sometime. Deadline is July 1st.

I dont think you need to worry to much about 5 pounds, you can drop that in water before the comp but i dont know how you will be feeling.

And yeah but **** it, dieting is for chumps. I'll do some HIIT on off days, watch my diet as much as I can and just look like a man. Who cares about abs.

danmac
04-06-2009, 07:05 PM
So i went to the gym today. WIth lots of food in my belly and actually felt good!

Didnt do deadlifts this week due to my tight back, but i did alot of foam rolling stretching this morning. This was the workout, nice and short.

Pull ups -
bwx10
45x10
90x3
115x1
115x1
125x1
125x0.75 haha a little short on this on
bwx10

Decline crunhes
20lbsx10x5

Chin ups
bwx10x2

Then i tried to do some muscle ups, i used to be able to do these. Almost got them, not quite though, next week maybe.

danmac
04-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Got my Vs Athletics wieghtlifting shoes today. Will use them tomorrow even though its bench day, im just real excited. I might try some olympic squats and maybe some push press or something just to get a feel.

Also now that i am eating real people food again i feel like a million times better!

roots
04-07-2009, 08:39 PM
haha i like the singles for pullups. might have to try that. also, when can you train at ottawa u? friday the gym is closed.

danmac
04-08-2009, 04:37 PM
So today was suposed to be bench day. But i had no chalk and i had just got new weightlifting shoes so i kinda did some squatting.

Bench
135x12
225x8
275x3
315x1 (wanted to do three, no chalk and my hands slipped like an inch)
315x1 (same problem)

Used a antislip mat on my back this time and with my shoes as well had the best and tightest arch i had ever had, if it wasnt for my slippery hands i could have set a new bench pr for sure.

Squat
135x8
225x6
315x3
365x1
415x0 (bailed right off teh bat)
415 x 1 (New PR!)

So not much of a workout really haha, did some quick dumbbell bench and some push presses. THe squatting felt really good, i have a sticking point that needs som work right in the middle of my squat, goign to do some high box squats on friday.

Roots- I dont know, whenever you want, i think the Y is open friday so i am going then. Maybe next week, i probably wont be hitting any maxes any time soon though, I am going to do some work on triples and stuff.

roots
04-08-2009, 06:51 PM
nice squats. what anti slip mat did you get? i wanna get one, the benches at ottawa u are too slippery

danmac
04-08-2009, 06:57 PM
To be honest, I pulled it out from my kitchen drawer haha. It worked amazingly, i think my dad said he had a bunch that he took from work of the same stuff in the garage, ill grab you a piece.

And yeah the squats felt real good. I did a bit of olympic squatting too just to see, and man i can sit ass to ankles with no issues at all. I might start doing that once and a while, bring up some lagging quads.

danmac
04-10-2009, 02:32 PM
Today was good, but short. The gym closed at 4 today because of good friday so my whole workout was only about 45 minutes long.

Box Squat
135x5
225x3
315x3
335x2
335x2 (bailed on the third)

DE Bench
135x3
225x3
225x3
225x3
225x3
225x3

DE deadlift
Trying to sit back more and decide if i want to pull sumo or deadlift.
135x5
225x3
315x1 (sumo)
315x1(sumo)
315x1 (sumo)
315x1 (conventional)
315x1 (conv)

roots
04-10-2009, 04:13 PM
so i guess you've switched to a westside routine? also, how do you like the sumo pulling? Personally I hate sumo, but I've heard it works well for shorter lifters, due to the better leverage at the start.

wimarine88
04-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Looks like you're on the right track, keep it up!

danmac
04-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Looks like you're on the right track, keep it up!

Thanks!

so i guess you've switched to a westside routine? also, how do you like the sumo pulling? Personally I hate sumo, but I've heard it works well for shorter lifters, due to the better leverage at the start.

No my routine is in shambles right now, I dont know what im doing haha. Its time to do some reading this weekend.

And i like the sumo, it feels good, i get alot more leg into it. But im definitely stronger conventional, but maybe its just getting the mechanics down.

roots
04-11-2009, 04:54 PM
yea most likely. I might try incorporating some sumo speed pulls once a week to work on hip drive. also, my brother got the 5/3/1 book, and is using the routines already.

danmac
04-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Alright so i am officially on the Westside template as of today.

Today was DE bench day
First three exercises were done with 60 second breaks. Working on my GPP since I have always been a lazy bastard.

DE bench
170x3x3 - Close grip
170x3x3 - Normal Grip
170x3x2 - Wide Grip

Skull Crushers (Assuming bar weight is 25lbs)
95x12
95x15
95x15

OH Press (Tris by this point were fried, so low numbers here)
115 x 7 + 3 reps push press
105x8 +2 reps push press
105x6 + 4 reps push press

DB rows (DBs only go to 100 at the gym)
100x15
100x15
100x12

Decline Sit ups
25x12x2

Ball vs Wall
(As some Cardio/ GPP I took at a bouncy medicine ball and through it against a wall from about 8 feet. I would let it bounce, catch it and throw it again. Some throws were from the side working on my abs, some from over head, and by the end i was just trying to do whatever to get the ball to the wall. I was sweaty and out of breath with a big lactic acid burn in my upper body so it seemed to do what i wanted)

5 kg - 9 minutes

So it was different not doing any heavy lifting. I am not used to that, cool though. I will try to get some bands for my dynamic benching so that im not having to decelerate the weight so much at the end.

I also dont think ill do any heavy singles in bench, squat or deadlift until the comp (other than testing my openers a week or two before). So that i can really have some sick PRs when i get there. I guess thats how WS works, just get strong in other things like box squatting and board pressing and it transfers over.

danmac
04-13-2009, 08:49 PM
ME squat/deadlift day

Box squats (about a 13 inch box, just under i think, its the only box we have at that gym, I end just below parallel when i look at it from the side)
135x4
225x4
315x1
365x1
385x1
405x1
415x1!! So stoked about this, Spent way to long on the box struggling to get off of it, then i spread the floor more and shot up!

Ghetto Glute Ham Raise (feet under the rack, negatives mostly, shooting up from a push up)
2 (hamstring cramp, first time doing these)

Hyperextensions
bwx8
25x7
50x7

Pull ups
bwx5
45x5
90x4
70x6

DB Curls
30x12
35x12
35x12

Awesome workout, really liked the box squats. I spent to long at the gym today because some guy asked about his squats so i helped with all the basics. He also has a 315 bench at 150 lbs, hes showing me on wednesday because i doubted him haha. If its real then that pretty sick and i told him to compete.

roots
04-13-2009, 09:37 PM
sick box squat. also, would i know this bench dude? cause i dont believe him

danmac
04-13-2009, 10:05 PM
sick box squat. also, would i know this bench dude? cause i dont believe him

I don't think so. I didn't know him, i see him there once and a while. I asked one of the guys i always talk to if they have seen him bench and he said hes seen him throw around 225 pretty easily and that he used to be pretty jacked, so i dont know. I asked his buddy too, who confirmed that he touched his chest and no spotter touched the bar. He is only 20 too. I might go late Wednesday night just to check it out haha.

And yeah the box squat was sick, 425 next week.

roots
04-14-2009, 01:14 PM
was this at the Y, or ray? cause theres a guy named connor at the ray, and he squatted 405 x 3 raw, and said he benches 330.

also, next week we should do a training session cause i am going for my max bench. and we'll take some video of the squats

roots
04-14-2009, 05:39 PM
also, check out the pics and video section haha

danmac
04-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Jesus! You two are ridiculous(at deadlifting)! Start a journal so i can keep up on your progress better.

I wont be doing any dead lifting for a few weeks atleast, so no new PRs fo ra bit. I think i will do box squatting again next week then some deficit sumo deadlifting the week after that. Maybe in June i will try to set some regular PRs.

As for today i went to a Muay Thai class with a buddy of mine. It was a free class, and i am trying to work on my GPP so i figured i would give it a shot. Well I suck and had 30 pounds on anyone in there haha. Apparently i am no longer built to be a thai boxer. It was horrrrrible haha, so much cardio, i was gasping for air 15 minutes in. Probably because its the first real sport cardio i have done since last summer (30 some pounds ago). Though i kicked ass at the push ups and bodyweight squats. The instructor used me as an example for my group on how to do them properly haha.

Also my forearms kill from holding the pads and my friend laying kicks and knees into them.

roots
04-14-2009, 07:11 PM
haha thats awesome. are you going to keep going to that class every week?
Im starting to do squash once a week, i figured i need to actually get in shape.

Also, we have to train next week sometime, get some more videos ya know...

danmac
04-14-2009, 07:17 PM
haha thats awesome. are you going to keep going to that class every week?
Im starting to do squash once a week, i figured i need to actually get in shape.

Also, we have to train next week sometime, get some more videos ya know...

Ill play squash with you anytime you want. And no i wont be going back to muay thai, one free session thats it. I Think i may take a stab at wrestling again. Thats good ass cardio and im actually good at it haha.

danmac
04-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Alright so todays real workout, ME bench day, is being moved to friday permanently. So i have a delay of two days. Tonight i went to the gym late just to mess around a bit.

Practiced my Clean and jerk with a plate. I might have the ugliest form in the world, but at least i am getting to the point where there is no reverse curl at all on the way up.

Then DE bench
155x3x3 - Close grip
155x3x3 - Normal Grip
155x3x2 - Wide Grip

Plate pinches
10s x 45 sec x2
10sx 30 x2

And that was the night haha. I really went tonight after work (only was at the gym for about 40 minutes and talked for most of it) because i wanted to see that 150lber bench 335 like he said he could. Not surprisingly i was disappointed. He couldn't get 275 up without a serious spot.

Then the excuses came out, hes tired, he did bench already this week, all sorts of stuff. But ya know what, my bench is only 335 and I can't imagine a time when i cant put up 275 for a single. He looked like he couldn't even do 250 clean. Anyway, i told him it happens and that im sure he will show me another time. Then i talked to him about powerlifting since he wants to start, maybe we will see him on this forum soon haha. Sorry buddy, if you are reading this, but ill believe it when i see it.

roots
04-15-2009, 10:36 PM
ahaha , thats brutal. I had a feeling that would happen.

also, clean and jerks are fun.

danmac
04-17-2009, 04:39 PM
Trained with the big boys tonight, thats why i moved my chest day to friday. Thats when they train heavy bench. Good day, found some weak spots that im going to really work on the next few weeks/ months.

Bench
135x8
135x8
225x5

2 brd
315x1
335x1
365x1
385x0.5 > Dropped to fast, lost tightness, needed help off the board and then locked it out myself
385x0.5 > Same problem, Another guy watched from the side and found my problem. I am letting the tension out of my lats and falling flat. I am keeping my arch, but i am not keeping my lats tight.
385x0.5 > This one i really concentrated on keeping them tight, I was able to until about 1 cm from the board and they gave out. I Got tight again though and fired better off the board on this one.

So yeah i realize that its my lats that holding me back, i was finding that in my flat bench PRs too, as soon as i got over about 340 i would almost drop down from half way instead of going a bit slower, keeping my back tight.

I am going to do off day lat work i think, High rep endurance stuff and isometric holds. Really get them working.

JM presses / CGBP since i don tknow what im doing haha
135x8
135x8
185x8 (just pure CGBP now)

DB tri press, palms facing in (weights excluding the handle)
30x7
40x7
40x7

DB rows
100x10 (tired)

DB shrugs (I haven't shrugged in two years, im going to build up some traps)
100x10
100x10

Side bends (I am going to do alot more oblique work since i have always neglected it, stupid body building dogma about a fat waist)
50x12
60x12

Green band standing abs

All and all a good day. Now off to all you can eat sushi and then beers.

danmac
04-19-2009, 04:26 PM
DE squat day

Box squats -
135x2
185x2
225x2 (too slow off the box, these are about speed)
205x2x6

Glute Ham raise ish machine (not the same as the ones you see normally, but same concept)
80x10
90x10
90x10

Hyperextensions
bwx12, 10, 10 (did these really slow on the way down, tried to really stretch out my back before coming back up, had a HUGE pump after. Almost uncomfortable)

BB shrugs
225x12x3

DB bench (was going to do a 30 rep thing, but yeah got tired)
100sx6....

Then i left and skipped bis and abs. The gym was about 10000 degrees today and i was sweating buckets, i also had to be home for 6 ish so i skipped out on the end. I know bad habit, ill just make sure to hit my abs and bis in whatever i do for GPP tomorrow.

roots
04-20-2009, 07:10 PM
did you do the glute ham's on the hyperextension machine? I'm going to start doing ghr's, I hear they are brutal tho.

danmac
04-20-2009, 07:56 PM
No i jammed my feet under the power rack and did it that way, required alot of push off. The machine was maybe not a glute ham raise, i meant reverse hyperextension machine. Close enough, its some piece of crap the Y has and it didnt feel great and i probably wont do it again.

danmac
04-21-2009, 02:09 PM
Nutritionally i did bad today and my workout suffered. I didn't drink like any liquids all day and only ate breakfast. About half way though the workout i started feeling sick so it got cut short. My fault, ill make sure to hydrate tomorrow.

DE bench
185x3x3 - Close grip
185x3x3 - Normal Grip
185x3x2 - Wide Grip

Skull Crushers (Assuming bar weight is 25lbs)
95x15
100x10
100x10

OH Press (Tris by this point were fried, so low numbers here)
105x10
105x10
105x8 + 2 reps push press

DB rows (DBs only go to 100 at the gym)
100x15

After that last set of rows is started feeling lik eiw as going to hurl so that was it. Got the important stuff in i guess. i have to stop skippin ghte ends of my workouts!!

roots
04-22-2009, 02:09 PM
we still on for fri? or sat

danmac
04-22-2009, 03:34 PM
Yeah still on for friday. YMCA around noon good for you? Bring your two board.

Today was good. Ran way to long because there was a guy there working a 5x5 program and asked me about his squats, so i helped him. I like his attitude, i may refer him to this site sometime haha.

ME Squat/Dead

Box squats
135x5
225x5
315x1
365x1
405x1
425x0 Sticking point is about 2 inches above the box, got stuck, came back down.
425x1 NEW PR! Barely pushed through my sticking point, i was almost stalled completly and as my spotter went to touch i exploded up. Its to bad i stick there, as soon as i pass it it flys up like its just the bar.
405x1 Big struggle haha

Ghetto glute ham raise
bwx3,7,7 (cramped on the first one, all assisted)

Pull ups
bwx5
45x5
90x5
90x5 Pull ups were clean and felt awesome today. Good news, these havent moved in months.

Hypers
bwx10
60x7
60x7

DB curls
40x10

Thew a 7KG medicine ball back and forth with a friend for 10 minutes. It was intense and everything burned.

Good workout. Squatting is getting to be my favorite.

roots
04-22-2009, 06:04 PM
sick squats, as usual. stop squatting. also, noon works on friday, make sure you have a guest pass

danmac
04-22-2009, 06:31 PM
I have one. We will crush some big weights. Ill pick up some wrist wraps too, they help with the heavy board pressing.

I will stop squatting when you stop deadlifting. Its fair though, i have 50 lbs on your squat and you have 50 lbs on my deadlift.

danmac
04-24-2009, 06:50 PM
Awesome workout today! Squeezed my shoulders on bench more than normal and put up some awesome weight! Can't wait to test my new max in a month.

Bench
135x8
175x8
22x3
275x1

2-Board press
315x1
365x1 (not good, spotter helped me off the board)
365x1 (better, bad start but did it myself)
370x1 (not great, but ok)
365x1 (Pinched my shoulder blades more actively on the start, this felt like nothing! it was awesome. It was suposed to be my last set but **** it felt good)
375x1 (Just like 365)
385x1 (Smashed it! No spotter touch, felt light!)

Next week im going to do 2 board again. 405 here i come.

The rest of the workout was really really rushed, took about 10 minutes.
OH Press
135x8
155x6
155x6

DB Tri Extension (Palms facing)
40x10
50x6
50x6

Pullups
bwx12

roots
04-24-2009, 11:51 PM
405 off a 2 brd would be insane. Let me know if you need me spotting, you should come to ottawa u this time

danmac
04-26-2009, 05:57 PM
Yeah, its going to happen dont you worry. Then im going to hit a clean 385 off of a 1 board, then im going to hit 365 of my chest.

DE squat day
Box squats
135x2
185x2
225x2x8 <- much faster than last week

DB Bench
60x8
100x12 <- just felt like doing a quick db set to get some pump in my chest, plus sometimes people get to me, like the guy in doing the 100s for 8 reps using a 6 inch range of motion, then walking around with ILS telling everyone how to bench. So yeah, im a dick i guess and wanted to take him down a peg.

Multi hip machine
100x12 - this machine was garbage so i stopped
Leg curl machine
100x10 - Garbage... WE NEED A REVERSE HYPER and GLUTE HAM RAISE

Hypers
bwx10
50x10x2

Shrugs
225x12
275x12
275x8 <- Grip gave out

Curls (EZ curl bar, assume 25lbs)
105x10x3

Side bends
70x12
80x12
90x12

Decent workout, except the gym was PACKED. I guess on sunday nights, all the basketball kids come over and lift weights. No one knows what they are doing and they just leave weights EVERYWHERE.

Looking forward to wednesday, doing deficit deadlifts!

roots
04-27-2009, 05:15 PM
hip machine? hahah. man the Y is so brutal

danmac
04-29-2009, 05:19 PM
Alright two workouts to log.

Tuesday
DE bench-
135x8
205x3x8

OH press
135x10x3

Skull crushers
100x12x3

DB rows
100x15x3

WEDNESDAY
Max squat day

Squat
135x5
225x3
275x1
315x1
365x1
405x1
455x0 Miss (got a video, nose bled everywhere)
440x1 Spotter touched though

Pullups
bwx5
45x5
90x5

So yeah, no more getting drunk before max squat day. I stunk today, felt lazy and sluggish.

danmac
04-30-2009, 05:06 PM
Did sprints today... Part of me doing something small almost every day.

3x100m
3x60m
2xsuicides

All of these were motivated by me actually racing a friend, shes a real good athlete so it was still a challenge. But i wont all the races.

danmac
05-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Yesterdays ME bench day

Bench
135x8
225x5
275x1

2 brd

315x1
365x1
385x1
395x1
395x1

DB bench (weights not including handles)
100x8
120x5
120x5

Band press downs (blue band)
3 sets of 8

Some trap/ rear delt thing
bar x20
25x20

And a few shrugs

roots
05-02-2009, 10:38 AM
Is 395 PR, or did curd touch again

danmac
05-02-2009, 11:14 AM
Is 395 PR, or did curd touch again

Hands were on it, felt good though. They were angling the boards down with my chest so the the ROM was an inch or two more than it was last week with you.

danmac
05-06-2009, 10:45 PM
Took a few days off there, since friday, been fighting a cold and hangovers haha.

So today i finally went, new PR in deadlift finally.

ME deadlift day

Deadlift
135x5
225x3
315x1
405x1
465x1 (10 lb PR!!!)
475x1 (10 lb PR!!!)
485x0 (didnt move, way to tired)
405x1 (Harder than the 475, no wonder i didnt get the 485 i was fried)

Pull ups
bwx5
45x5
90x4
90x3

Hypers
bwx10 (wasnt feeling it so i stopped)

db curls
40sx5
55sx5
40x5

I was dead and wanted to leave the hot sweaty crowded gym so i cut it short and left. I was JACKED about the deadlift PR though. I hadn't deadlifted in a few weeks so this was awesome. I had been dying to hit that 475.

danmac
05-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Nutrition was off yesterday, since i had no food at home and no car to get anything. But i did bus to the gym and tried some max bench... which sucked. Anyway, i went so here we go.

Bench
135x8
225x5
275x1
315x1
350x0
345x0
315x2

DB bench
100sx10
100sx12

BO rows
225x5
275x3
225x5

OH press
135x5
165x3
135x5

That was about it.

danmac
05-12-2009, 02:52 PM
DE bench day

DE bench
170x3x3 - Close grip
170x3x3 - Normal Grip
170x3x2 - Wide Grip

Seated DB OH press (full vertical back, touch and go to shoulders)
65x10
75x9
65x5 -shoulders were fried

Tri Press down
60x15
70x12
60x12

Cable Rows
100x15
120x10

Thats all, my endurance is horrible.

danmac
05-13-2009, 02:17 PM
ME Deadlift

135x5
225x3
315x1
365x1
405x1
485x1 (10 lb PR!!!!!)
495x0... SOON BABY

High bar ATG olympic squats (trying for some more quad work)
135x5
225x5

For some reason i started feeling nauseous and light headed. I hadnt eaten since breakfast and yeah, just felt like getting out of there. Either way another awesome deadlift PR. Considering i was stuck at 455 for like 3 months this is awesome.

Persicutor
05-13-2009, 09:19 PM
You should stop deadlifting...it's bad for your back. Nice PR though, I need to step up my game...I can't have you beating my only good lift haha.

roots
05-13-2009, 09:38 PM
nice deadlift. Our deads and squats are evening out haha

danmac
05-13-2009, 10:27 PM
You should stop deadlifting...it's bad for your back. Nice PR though, I need to step up my game...I can't have you beating my only good lift haha.

Yeah im going to do one more week of pulling before putting it on the backburner. Try to crack 500.

I SHOULD be beating you, i am heavier and have trained longer. LET ME HAVE IT haha.

nice deadlift. Our deads and squats are evening out haha

Yeah i know, its scaring me. I was confident in that squat, figured i could hold out for a while. My best knee wrapless squat is only 415. You are almost there. Bench is still mine though.

danmac
05-14-2009, 03:25 PM
ME bench day

135x8
225x5
275x1
315x1
345x1 !!!!!! 10 lb pr!!!
350x0

Reverse Grip bench
225x7
275x1 (Felt heavy and unsafe)
245x4
245x4

OH skull crusher, standing, easy curl bar (assume 25lb)
95x7
105x7
105x7

Pullups
bwx12
45x10
45x6

Side bends
100sx10x2

So awesome, set a new pr, thats 40 lbs on my total in one week!

roots
05-14-2009, 07:54 PM
crazy bench. 355 next week! haha

danmac
05-14-2009, 07:56 PM
crazy bench. 355 next week! haha

I might give it a shot!

danmac
05-20-2009, 01:27 PM
ME squat day.

So after a long weekend off, and the days after haha, i am back on track. From here on out im drinking less and training more. Getting my GPP in will be priority. I am ready to rock and roll.

Box squat (low box, like 9 inches)

135x5
185x3
225x1
275x1
315x1 (box, which was really one of those step up things, started to creak here to i put it away and pulled out the regular box)

Regular height box squat

355x1
420x1
415x1

Pulled the box away, wanted to test my opener , wanted to hit a double

405x1 (apparently getting tired, it was a grinder, no way i was going for a second one).

Bent over rows (pendlay style, sort of haha)
225x5
275x3 (the last two didnt make it to the chest)
255x5 (hard)

Ghetto glute ham raise
5, 4, 3 (all assisted, tried doing the least amount of cheating possible)

Hypers
bwx8
60lbx7
60lbx6 + 20 second bw static hold

Decline crunches

55x8
55x7
55x7

Pretty good workout, i didnt have my book on me so im not sure if i hit a PR off that box. Maybe next week.

roots
05-20-2009, 04:44 PM
nice box squat, must get some looks. Wraps?

danmac
05-20-2009, 05:09 PM
nice box squat, must get some looks. Wraps?

Nah no one in the gym really today. Though i ended up talking to the two guys that were there about powerlifting. And yeah no wraps, im good off the box for some reason, my 405 without it seemed harder than the box haha. And i checked my depth on the box and its below parralel for sure, even my upper thigh is slanted down.

I might wrap up again next week, this time without a hangover, just to see what i got in me.

danmac
05-23-2009, 06:00 AM
So yesterday i got a wake up call. I can't keep eating like **** (not nearly enough protein, mostly junk) and boozing all the time (3-4 times a week) and expect to be on my game. I got pinned under a weight yesterday that i have been able to put up since November. Anyway yeah, today starts a renewed passion. I will be posting my macro breakdown at the end of the day as well, just to make sure i get my food in.

ME bench

135x5
225x3 (felt slow)
275x1 (super slow, even the other guys noticed)
315x0 (this was supposed to be a warm up set, it pinned me)
315x1 (decided to stick with the 315 today)
315x2.5 (at this point i wanted to prove to myself i can lift this stupid weight)
315x3
315x3
315x0 (tried to do it comp style, with a big pause, but i was beat up by this point)
50 reps of blue band press downs for tris
285x1 (Paused rep comp style)
50 reps of blue band
20 reps of green band (tris were fried and hurting)
285x1 (Comp style)
285x1 (comp style)

So yeah, i may have not hit the weight i wanted on bench but i definitely beat myself up on bench.

Seated on floor db OH press (60 second timed breaks)
35x10x4
35x7.... I couldnt do one more, i tried, my shoulders were FRIED

Inverted pullups (90 second breaks)
bwx10x5

So yeah, workout ended up being pretty intense and i was soaked in sweat at the end. I am going to try to detox a for a bit, then keep the drinking down to a more moderate level.

I am also going to be competing in a push pull meet in a couple weeks in renfrew, i dont know all the details yet but i figure i should get a small one out of the way before the big day.

Edit: Also the guy i was benching with today did 450x9 (almost 10) on bench. It was ****ing insane.

roots
05-23-2009, 11:44 AM
So detox diet is basically getting hammered less often haha. That sucks about the bench though. You should go for 355 next week. Also, Curd is a ****ing machine haha

danmac
05-24-2009, 09:44 AM
Yesterdays Breakdown.

total cals: 3,588
Fats: 88.4g
Carbs: 412.4g
Protein: 178.0g

So yesterday wasnt great, i went for all you can eat sushi and have no idea how much i actually ate, i estimated 30 pieces but i have no idea. Also i had some beers after, but kept it within complete reason. I feel fine today which is a good sign. I am aiming for 250 grams of protein daily, but last night i ended up staying at my girlfriends place and couldnt get my shake in. I think im going to start storing some protein there as well.

danmac
05-24-2009, 01:14 PM
Good workout today, Felt good
First three exercises done with <60 second breaks
DE Squat
135x2
205x2x8

Hamstring Curls
80x10
100x10
105x10

Hypers
BWx17
BWx12
BWx11 - Most painful pump after this, had to stretch for like 15 minutes. i guess im not used to the higher volume low back work.

BB Shrugs
275x12
225x15
225x15

BB Curl (30 second breaks)
75x12
75x8x2

DB Hammer curl
30sx8x2

Machine Ab Crunch (suprisingly good, ROM is short, but feels great)
55x20
65x12

danmac
05-24-2009, 11:13 PM
Total Cals- 3,405
fat- 126.9g
carb - 313.7g
Protein- 254.4g

Diet was on today.

danmac
05-25-2009, 10:19 PM
Total Cals - 3,314
Fat - 161.1g
Carb - 184.7g
Prot 275.7g

The cals are probably way higher than that. I went to an all you can eat buffet today, and just estimated the meat things that i ate. Really the point of the nutrition stuff is to make sure im getting 250g of protein daily.

Also on a side note, i won 750 bucks at the casino before the all you can eat buffet. Playing 20 dollars in a slot machine. Cha ching.

danmac
05-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Did an hour and half of yoga this morning. It was actually pretty good and may start doing it normally to help with my flexibility and breathing.

DE bench day
First three exercises done with 60 second breaks

DE bench
135x3
175x3x8

Shoulder press
60x12
60x4,45x6
45x10 (delts are fried, i think from friday)

Cable press downs
50x15
60x10
50x10

Pullups
bwx10x3

Crunch machine
60x10
70x10
60x10

It was a pretty quick workout today. Good though, And i really liked the yoga.
Nutrition was on today too.

Total Cals - 3,503
Fat 116.4g
carbs 365.2g
prot 247.7g

roots
05-27-2009, 10:07 AM
where/with who did you do the yoga?

and that 275 DE bench is nutty.... thats like 80% of your max, you sure that it was moving fast enough?

danmac
05-27-2009, 12:00 PM
where/with who did you do the yoga?

and that 275 DE bench is nutty.... thats like 80% of your max, you sure that it was moving fast enough?

I went to upward dog downtown with my girlfriend. I am going today too for some deep stretching session.

And i meant 175, 50% of my max haha. It edited now, thanks for pointing that out, it would have been WAY to much. Tripling that would be slow as molasses.

Todays workout felt good, though i came up short on the 495 deadlift.

ME squat/deadlift day

Deadlift
135x5
225x3
315x2
405x1
455x1 (fast as hell)
495x0 I failed it. But good news was that i got it to my knees! Just past actually, so im finally getting good leg drive. Now its time to work on my lockout, which is much easier to address(rack pulls, chains, bands, that kind of thing)
495x0x3 I really wanted it, but it wasnt budging after my long miss. I think the next time I go for this it will be in comp and i will smash it.

Rack pulls (just below the knee)
405x1
495x1 So if i got a deadlift too the knee, then rack pulled from the knee, that counts as one rep right?

Leg curls
100x7
120x7
125x7

Hypers
bwx7
55x7x2
60x7

Pullups
45x7
70x5x2

Cable curl (strait bar attachment)
20x15
40x12
40x10
40x10

Face pulls (just wanted some blood flow back there, feel i have been neglecting them)
20x16x3

Skipped abs, figured i was going to yoga tonight.

roots
05-27-2009, 02:43 PM
thats a pretty solid workout. too bad about the deads, you were close. 5 plates looks awesome on the bar eh? sick pullups as well,almost repping 2 plates now.

danmac
05-27-2009, 08:59 PM
Yeah it was a decent workout. I think ill pull 5 at the meet in renfrew.

As for the pullups, it was light accessory work at the end. I have done 2 for sets of 8 before (maybe when i was lighter though)

danmac
05-27-2009, 09:06 PM
Todays Nutrition
Total cals 3,094
Fats 108.7
Carbs 275.2
Prot 248.5

I also had a beer and some wine that didnt get listed. As well as some finger foods at a poker game (few chips, pita and hummus, cheese)

danmac
05-28-2009, 10:10 PM
Total Cals 3,654
Fat 145.1
Carb 318.7
Protein 268.3

Food is good. I cant believe i eat this much without any effort now. I pretty much only eat when im hungry and dont stuff myself or anything.

danmac
05-30-2009, 12:39 AM
Felt great today. I am competing on June 14th so i was just doing some paused bench practice.

ME bench

Bench
135x10
185x6
225x5
275x3

Paused bench

Really spent some time on my set up. Got super tight today, tighter than ever before with a better arch. Leg drive was on too. I can wait for the meet.

300x1 (My opener, smashed it, no problems here)
300x1
300x1
325x1 (Planned second lift, this one moved good)
325x1
325x1 (started to slow down)

DB floor press (weights excluding the bar, all about 5lbs more)
60s x 12
100s x 7
100s x 6
100s x 5

DB rows (still excluding the bar, just the weights)
120s x 7
140s x 4
140s x 4

Band press downs (each set to failure, holding at different points on the band to make it hard)
Blue band x 10, x8
Red x 20

Good workout, much better than last weeks. Nutrition was good today, except for the excess calories from alcohol. It kinda got out of hand i guess.

Total Cals 4,782
Fat 114.2
Carbs 422.7
Protein 310.9

danmac
05-30-2009, 06:11 PM
So i just stepped on my scale for the first time in a little while...

205lbs.

I guess i will be competing at 100kgs haha. A long way away from the 183 that i planned on competing at. I think the weight gain (about 7lbs in a few weeks) is coming from me consistently taking my creatine now. I was always off and on, but since i have been following my food i make sure to get it everyday.

danmac
05-30-2009, 11:54 PM
I eat a lot more than i thought.

Total 3,849
Fat 157.1
Carb 352.5
Prot 255.5

danmac
05-31-2009, 02:52 PM
DE lower body day

First three exercises done with <60 second breaks
DE Squat
135x5
185x2
225x2x8

Hamstring Curls
100x10
110x10
110x10

Hypers
BWx18
BWx15 Stopped here i could feel a bad pump coming on again.

BB Shrugs
225x15
275x12
275x12

BB Curl
85x10x3

Good workout. Nice and short. Got vball tonight too.

roots
05-31-2009, 04:00 PM
How are you doing the reverse hypers? I didnt think Curd has that machine. also, are you good for wednesday, sports complex around 7-730 PM ?

danmac
05-31-2009, 07:02 PM
How are you doing the reverse hypers? I didnt think Curd has that machine. also, are you good for wednesday, sports complex around 7-730 PM ?

Not reverse hyper, just regular hypers.

This was at the Y though, curd does have a reverse hyper though.

And ill let you know about wednesday.

danmac
05-31-2009, 08:30 PM
I cant stop eating. The DQ banana split was a bad call after volleyball.

Total cals 4,393
Fat 154.1
Carb 502.0
Prot 250.1

danmac
06-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Total 3,867
fats 166.1
carbs 345.0
prot 247.6

Did some grip work today too. Going to try to do it twice a week, i struggle to close the captains of crush number 1...

danmac
06-02-2009, 09:26 PM
DE Upper body

Really glad i went today, it was after work and right before the gym closed, but i got off my ass and went and had a great super quick workout.

First 3 exercises done with 60 second breaks

DE bench
185x3x8 (different grips) Really spent the time to set up properly like i learned last friday. These moved faster than ever and i felt super tight with a good arch (for me).

Db floor presses (quickyl becoming my favorite tri exercise)
50x15
65x15
65x10

Rear delt flys (cables)
10x15x2
10x10

Pullups
bwx10x2 (really concentrated on isolating my lats as much as possible, doing that whole bodybuilder mind muscle connection thing, figured i was only doing like 2 sets since the gym was closing that i might as well get something out of it.)

Nutrition was good too.

Total 3,248
Fats 146.5
carbs 229.9
Prot 266.1

roots
06-03-2009, 09:44 PM
I cant stop eating. The DQ banana split was a bad call after volleyball.

Total cals 4,393
Fat 154.1
Carb 502.0
Prot 250.1

haha 500 Carbs... nice. DQ is a great time

danmac
06-03-2009, 11:12 PM
ME Lower body

Squat
135x3
185x3
225x3
275x3
315x1
365x1
405x1
420x0 Bad Walkout
420x0 Bad walkout again. For some reason i am keep taking liek 20 small steps and then need to take a second breath but cant get a good one because theres 400+ pounds on my back haha. Need to work on this.
365x2

Leg curl
125x7
130x7
125x7

Hypers
bwx10
60x7
65x7x2

Pullups
bwx7
45x7
80x5
80x4

Cable Curls (strait bar handle)
40x15
45x15x2

For food, this has to be way off today, stupid fitday. I barely ate, but i had harveys for dinner but only put in generic stuff. Anyway i definatly didnt hit 4500 cals today.

Total 4,523
Fat 231.3
Carbs 382.3
Protein 244.8

danmac
06-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Total 2,971
Fat 143.0
Carb 180.2
Prot 230.6

Might throw down another protein shake in a bit to hit the 250 mark, but i dont really feel like it. Other than that played a couple hours of vball tonight, nothing to strenuous though.

danmac
06-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Fridays workout

ME upper

Bench
135x8
185x5

Paused
225x3
275x1
300x1 (smashed it)
325x0 (lost the tightness)
325x1 (really good, the pause has been throwing me off but this one went great)
325x0 (lost it on the way down, knew it wasnt going)
295x1 (LONG pause)
295x2 (LONG pause)
225x3 (Long Pause)

DB floor press (not including handles)
100x9
120sx2
120x4
120x2

Tri extensions
red band x12, 15, 15, 20 (different grips all were to failure)

DB rows
120s x 8

That was it

Tonight i am doing some prowler training and then going to volleyball. Go gpp!

dblockspky
06-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Damn you're strong man. Good luck in the meet. Are you taking a handoff while benching? It helps a lot to stay tight throughout the movement to have some one hand it to you.

Persicutor
06-07-2009, 01:51 PM
Holy **** nice paused benching man. Do you know what #s your gonna try at the meet?

Ps...you should come to our gym this week i got the bands for deadlifts and stuff.

danmac
06-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Damn you're strong man. Good luck in the meet. Are you taking a handoff while benching? It helps a lot to stay tight throughout the movement to have some one hand it to you.

Yeah i almost always take a hand-off. We are playing with different pin heights to try to find one that is right for me now. I am having a lot of little form issues, so much to think about now. And though it may be making my bench suffer now, i know in the long run i will be able to press more weight like this as well as prevent injuries.

Thanks for the good luck, i am real excited for it. Thanks for tuning in to the journal, not really sure if anyone reads this thing other than my two buddies haha.

danmac
06-07-2009, 02:38 PM
Holy **** nice paused benching man. Do you know what #s your gonna try at the meet?

Ps...you should come to our gym this week i got the bands for deadlifts and stuff.

um for this one i am going to play it safe i think. 275 open, 300 for second. Then 330 or so for my third if i really want to go for it.

For the deads im opening with 455, then maybe a 475, then try to hit 500.

I can come check it out, no training for me though, i am going to do some form benching and deadlifting on tuesday i think and thats it really for the week.

roots
06-07-2009, 02:55 PM
crazy benching. whens the renfrew meet again?

danmac
06-07-2009, 03:57 PM
crazy benching. whens the renfrew meet again?

Sunday. Week today.

Also im no longer tracking cals, or if i do it will just be random days. Because clearly i am not having trouble hitting my cals/ protein haha.

Kenny Powers
06-08-2009, 11:46 PM
nice journal, cool to see another new powerlifter on this site

ill be following, best of luck in your comp

danmac
06-09-2009, 08:16 PM
nice journal, cool to see another new powerlifter on this site

ill be following, best of luck in your comp

Thanks a lot man. Stay tuned!

dblockspky
06-09-2009, 08:21 PM
oh I see. haha I know the feeling. Normally it takes a while before random people start to read your journal. How much you weighing in at?

roots
06-09-2009, 09:11 PM
dan, bulk to 230 at least. clinically obese. then try to get to morbidly obese .

danmac
06-09-2009, 10:28 PM
dan, bulk to 230 at least. clinically obese. then try to get to morbidly obese .
I am already clinically obese!

oh I see. haha I know the feeling. Normally it takes a while before random people start to read your journal. How much you weighing in at?

I am weighing in at 205 right now. But i think a bunch of it is water from some creatine. I want to compete at 198 for now. I could probably cut to 183, but cutting sucks.

And yeah, im glad people are checking it out. Ill take a look at yours too.

dblockspky
06-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Yea it does, I've been cutting for about 2 months now.. The last couple of weeks since the semester ended haven't been to strict though. I was 200 when I started. Just weighed myself at 185 earlier. Guess it depends on what your goals are. In addition to wanting to compete in 181 I kind of just want to see how it feels to be 180 again since I haven't been that light since high school. If everything feels good I may just stay in the 175-180 range but I have a feeling I'll end up bulking again.

danmac
06-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Yea it does, I've been cutting for about 2 months now.. The last couple of weeks since the semester ended haven't been to strict though. I was 200 when I started. Just weighed myself at 185 earlier. Guess it depends on what your goals are. In addition to wanting to compete in 181 I kind of just want to see how it feels to be 180 again since I haven't been that light since high school. If everything feels good I may just stay in the 175-180 range but I have a feeling I'll end up bulking again.

Haha yeah,,, you will be back! I tried to cut to teh 183s a couple months ago and made it one week before i said **** it.

As for todays workout. I just did some light form singles to get ready for sunday.

Bench
135x5
185x5
Paused singles start
185x1
185x1
225x1
275x1
275x1
275x1
225x1

Deadlift
135x3
225x1
315x1
315x1
405x1

And called it a day. Im jacked up for the meet on sunday!!

Persicutor
06-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Good luck at the meet! Try to get some pics and vids if you can.

danmac
06-14-2009, 05:53 PM
Quick update on the meet! Full writeup with vids will follow. Awesome time, set PRs on both bench and Dead.

Bench

Opener
295 - smashed it!

2nd
320 - NO lift. I got it good but my head came off the bench on the way down so they didn't give it to me.

3rd
330 - GOOD! 5 lb PR for paused bench. I actually thought this moved really well, ill know better when i see the vid. Think i have more in me!

DL

455 - Good, quick.
495 - GOOD! 10 lb PR. Felt awesome!
525 - No lift. Already set the PR i wanted and just went for broke. Got it too the knee!

Awesome time! Got 4th overall according to wilks forumla. (missed 3rd by like 2 kilos, should have deadlifted a more reasonable number).

Thanks go to Curd Hos for helping me out http://www.benchfreak.blogspot.com/

and Paul Vaillancourt/ Unlimited Fitness for putting on the meet
http://ultimatefitnessgyms.blogspot.com/

Kenny Powers
06-14-2009, 06:12 PM
impressive work man, feels good to put it all together!

what fed was this in?

danmac
06-14-2009, 06:23 PM
impressive work man, feels good to put it all together!

what fed was this in?

Thanks man. Felt awesome!

It was a small meet, kind of like a warm up for my OPA (IPF) meet in July, so it wasnt official. Though we did have an IPF licensed judge and followed all the regulations.

So jacked about the 5 plates.

Persicutor
06-14-2009, 09:15 PM
Nice man those are some awesome numbers for your first meet. Congrats on the 5 plates! As if you went for 525 haha..I guess you smoked 495? What class did you compete in and what was the highest deadlift and bench?

danmac
06-15-2009, 09:55 AM
Nice man those are some awesome numbers for your first meet. Congrats on the 5 plates! As if you went for 525 haha..I guess you smoked 495? What class did you compete in and what was the highest deadlift and bench?

Yeah i smoked the 495 and for some reason curd said 525 and i was all jacked up after the lift and told them my next lift without thinking. You gotta do it right away after the lift, i should have said 505 i think i had it in me for sure.

It was open, no weight classes, just raw and equipped. Winner was based on wilks formula or whatever.

Highest raw bench was only 365, geared was 445. Other than curd who through out a double at 500 at the end. Highest deadlift, which was raw, was 600 even.

danmac
06-15-2009, 06:38 PM
495 Deadlift
BkGh3jkc1Tc
I dont lift until like 60 seconds in.

330 Bench
YfeNwq721dQ

(a lot slower than i thought on that one, need to work on my speed!)

danmac
06-17-2009, 12:22 PM
This was the 320 miss (ignore the video title, it was 320 and my second lift haha).

zpswAdiW5SY

danmac
06-22-2009, 09:58 PM
So i took last week off except friday. And i was still feeling a little sore that day. I guess the meet really beat me up! Anyway, the strength wasnt there on friday but i beat the **** out of myself with some volume.

Friday

Bench
135x3
185x3
Paused benching
225x3
275x1
330x1
Touch and go
330x1x2
315x1x2

30 Rep benching (done with 90 second breaks, as few sets as possible)

235x12,5,3,3,3,3,1

So that took me 7 sets, i hope to hit that in 5-6 sets next time.

Band press downs (60 second breaks)
Red band x40 x4

So yeah after that i felt like dying. I never know press downs could be a full body exercise but i was using EVERYTHING to get those last reps down haha.

I still felt my delts today, so i laid off any pressing and hammered my back.

Monday

BO row (pendlay style, from floor to chest, horizontal, done with bench grip)
135x3
185x3
225x3
275x3 (too much body english in this one)
245x3
255x3
260x3 (about my max with good form, want to get this up to 300)

BB shrugs (done with bench grip, straps were needed at the end)
135x12
225x10
275x8
315x8x3

High Row Machine (thought i would try this bad boy, i used to like it years ago)
100x8
140x8
160x8 (nearing the limits of the machine)

H- rolls
20x8
20x12 (gym was closing, time to go)

Anyway good workouts. I am going to increase the volume of upper back work over the next bit as well as putting my bench and squat into practice mode.

Also i got a shirt this weekend from a friend. A titan katana and will be trying it this friday!

danmac
06-23-2009, 11:07 PM
Did some rockclimbing tonight and it was a humbling experience. I used to be pretty good at it 40 lbs ago, now it was real hard. I pulled something in my shoulder/trap about 20 minutes in and that was it for me, it feels good now though luckily. I will stick to powerlifting.

danmac
06-24-2009, 12:14 PM
Today's workout.

I havent squat recently, last few weeks ago i did some and hten before that it was a good 3 weeks again. I need to get some good practice in before July so that was what today was about.

I am opening really light for my comp, and im going to get sick depth. So that i am known as a deep squatter. Like opening with 350...

Squats (as deep as i can go)
135x3
185x3
225x3
275x1
315x1
365x1x2 (These felt surprisingly hard, my walkout still sucks, chalk it up to lack of practice)

Good mornings
135x3
185x3
225x3
275x3

Hypers
65x8x2

Leg curls
100x12
110x12

Yeah so today i didnt feel very strong but thats ok. Dial in my diet a bit over the next few weeks and we should be good to go. Hammering the back these days is the plan.

roots
06-24-2009, 04:07 PM
How do you like the good mornings? Never tried them but apparently they are awesome for bringing the squat and deadlift up.

danmac
06-24-2009, 05:34 PM
How do you like the good mornings? Never tried them but apparently they are awesome for bringing the squat and deadlift up.

That was one of my first times doing them. It's hard to get the form down. I was doign arched back, squat stance, slight knee bend where i kinda sat back a bit. Felt good though. I figure i will work those for the next few weeks, cover the squat and deadlift.

danmac
06-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Feeling my hammies big time today. I guess those good mornings work!
Played about 2 hours of volleyball tonight, so that was my workout.

Also i won a 1000 bucks today. WOOOOOO

roots
06-25-2009, 08:55 PM
nice !. shopping spree at elitefts ? haha

danmac
06-25-2009, 09:06 PM
nice !. shopping spree at elitefts ? haha

I may get myself a little treat. Don't knwo what yet... Squat suit?

danmac
06-26-2009, 05:05 PM
Today's workout.

Tried my new katana bench shirt today... I am going to SMASH the Canadian IPF record.

Bench
135x4
185x3
Paused bench (all lifts from here on are paused)
225x1
275x1
320x1

Shirt on
405x0 Holy ****, weirdest feeling ever, to much to think about didnt even make it half way down.

4 board
405x1 Easy peasy, shirt JUST helped a bit

3 board
405x1 Elbows to close to the sides, still got it but it was a fight.
405x1 Forcefully flaired my elbows on the way down (when i say flaired i mean like 30 degrees) and smashed this. Felt like 0 lbs.

2 board
405x1 Getting hard to touch. Smashed it really nice but didnt wait for my rack command or my press command, no lift IPF Style haha and got scolded.

1 board
405x1 I ended up folding over myself to get this to touch, the last in and a bit. So i lost all my tightness. Still muscled it up though, just without the insane shirt pop i got on my other lifts.

So yeah that was the workout. My tris are fried right now and i am covered in welts and bruises from the ****ing shirt. I sting, like i have a bad sunburn. We think that i will need 425 to touch cleanly in that shirt, hopefully i have the lockout strength for it and there we go.

danmac
06-29-2009, 06:40 PM
Did some squatting today and helped out a buddy (roots) with his bench set up. Really didn't get alot of work done but oh well haha.

Squats
135x3
185x3
225x1
285x1
315x1
365x1

zchDpUs8eVQ

405x1

LGlIFHFFcbo
How's my depth?

Ghetto glute ham raises with two red bands for 5

Reverse hypers doubled red band
4x8

danmac
07-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Quick workout today. Missed all my **** this week due to partying and lazyiness. Bad bad time for me to fall of track but whatever. 2 weeks of clean living will help.

DE/ Rep Bench

Speed bench (60 second breaks)
135x3
175x3x3 close grip
175x3x3 comp grip
175x3x2 Wide grip

These flew today, super fast. Will get bands soon as its hard to decelerate the weight when i throw it as fast as i can.

30 Rep bench (90 second breaks, sets to failure/ near failure)
235x14 (PR by 2 reps)
235x5
235x4
235x4
235x3

It really shows that i lack conditioning when i can do a set of 14, and only follow it by 5!

DB floor Press
85x8
85x5
I then had to leave since the gym was closing. Good thing too because i was exausted haha.

I would love to hit 235 for 20. I will be doing these again in a couple weeks as rep work on my DE bench days.

huskybear
07-04-2009, 11:42 PM
hey bro!

The Ray and Y were my old stomping grounds with the iron lol!

The only really work I've seen in the past few years that I've done my holiday lifting at the Y was a skinny little guy pulling 405 with straps and bouncing the weight off the floor...

you are a strong mofo too... like all the vids you've got up...

may actually be coming up in a couple of weeks, so if this happens, may have to get you to show this old dog some tricks on the big 3, I can use any help!

keep making the great progress!

roots
07-04-2009, 11:59 PM
235 for 14 reps ? **** you !

danmac
07-05-2009, 12:22 AM
hey bro!

The Ray and Y were my old stomping grounds with the iron lol!

The only really work I've seen in the past few years that I've done my holiday lifting at the Y was a skinny little guy pulling 405 with straps and bouncing the weight off the floor...

you are a strong mofo too... like all the vids you've got up...

may actually be coming up in a couple of weeks, so if this happens, may have to get you to show this old dog some tricks on the big 3, I can use any help!

keep making the great progress!

Yeah after taking looks at some of your vids i dont think i recognize you. But i think i know who you are talking about when you say skinny kid who repped out the 4 plates with wraps and a bounce haha. Actually im nearly possitive i know who he was.

Let me know when you come up, i can always use training partners at the Y if im doing some ME stuff. As for helping you out with the big three, i can probably share some good bench help, seems to be my forte. Im an ugly ass technique less squatter though, but im trying to fix that!

235 for 14 reps ? **** you !

Haha, not bad eh. Reps suck though, but i think i should work on them. Both curd and travis bell suggested to do some rep work after de benching. I want to get that up to 20 or something just stupid.

danmac
07-08-2009, 12:19 PM
So i worked out at the YMCA in north bay yesterday. I was visiting my grandparents. Not a bad gym, you can tell there used to be some powerlifting done there as there were boards, boxes, and hardcore bars hanging around.

DE lower, with some back work

Speed Squat, (off a 10.5" box)
barx3 (bar was this big long thing, i think it might be a 55 lb bar, its collars spun like a dream)
90lbs+bar x 3
90lbs + 30kg + bar x 3 (no idea how much weigh this was, they had a lot of kg plates and a weird bar. It was to slow though so i went down. The box was also much lower than i was used to).
90lbs+20kg+bar x3x4 (after the fourth set i realized i should only be doing 2 reps)
90lbs+20kg+bar x2x2

Speed Deadlift
80kg+bar x 1
100kg+bar x1x4

BO rows, pendlay style with bench grip.
80kg+bar x 3
100kg+bar x1 (felt too heavy)
95kg+bar x 3 x2

DB Rows
115lbs+handle x 8
125lbs + handle x 8 x 2 (wore straps on this one, the handle of the bar was completely smooth and almost gave on previous set.)

Cable curl, strait bar attachment
80x12
120x12
120x8

All and all good gym. I figure they have some guys that know what they are doing, i saw like three guys in OLY shoes. They were just sitting there waiting for someone though, one started rowing with good form thats about it.

roots
07-08-2009, 06:43 PM
strong DB rows. Also, you ready for the meet? Whats your openers?

danmac
07-08-2009, 11:02 PM
strong DB rows. Also, you ready for the meet? Whats your openers?

Yeah i crushed those, i probably could have got 10 or so on the first set.

For the meet i will open super light.

275 bench, 350 squat, 455 deadlift... or there approximate kg counterparts. That will leave me about 40 lbs short of making provincials, which i can easily make up in any of the lifts, i just want to make sure im on the board.

danmac
07-10-2009, 04:35 PM
ME bench day

Felt good going in today, last real workout! Feeling really delty coming in, i put a ton of heavy boxes overhead yesterday at work.

Bench
135x3
185x3
Paused
225x1
275x1 (this will be my opener, i will smash it, i took this out myself haha)
320x1 (smooth but slow, all i feel is my delts)
320x1
320x1 (real grinder, delts were giving out and i was rolling forward but not bad)

Db floor press
140+handle x 0 (This didnt move haha)
120+handle x 4
120+handle x 5

Spent a bunch of time getting curd into his shirt and helping out. Forearms and hands sore!

BO DB rows (belt and straps)
160+handlex6
160+handlex6
Felt powerful and awesome, biggest weights we have.

roots
07-11-2009, 05:44 PM
nice db rows, those are heavy !

danmac
07-14-2009, 06:35 PM
Just some last practice before the big meet! Hit all openers with 0 problems.

Squat
135x1
185x1
225x1
275x1
315x1
350x1

Bench
135x1
185x1
225x1
275x1 (Really light haha, but whatever)

DL
135x1
225x1
315x1
405x1
455x1

All easy. Squat depth was super deep.

So the plan for saturday is

SQ 350-395-420

B 275-310-330

DL - 455- 485- 510(Pr)

Opening Total - 1080
Possible Total - 1260
Total needed to qualify for provincials 1 096.7

Persicutor
07-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Good stuff, looks like a solid plan. So am I going with you to the meet saturday?

danmac
07-18-2009, 05:28 PM
I am just going to post the same thing as i did in the thread in here! WOOOO

Awesome time today. Just sitting down for a beer and a steak but i thought i would let everyone know how i did first (because i know everyone was wondering haha). I competed raw, and other than my squat, i was competitive with all the guys near my weight in gear!

I opened with a 350 squat, Nailed it.
Second went to 385... again..
dJNmYi5sBpE

Tried 420 after that, and lost my tightness in the hole and it crushed me. Oh well.

For bench i opened light with 275. I got red lighted for lifting my head (I also started early before the command... but shh) Either way it felt like 225 so i said lets go to 300.

Next lift was 303 (137.5 kg)...
-M197L1ZIdc

I tried 320 after this, and for some reason my bench went low and i stalled. half way.

On to the DL and the highlight of my day!

Opened with 455 ish and slammed it. One of the spotters took me aside and seemed serious like i did something wrong, and was like next time... put some weight on the bar. Also got a nose bleed during this lift and dripped on the platform.. oops.

Second lift was 485, felt like nothing!
aYqKC8pcGQ4

Third lift, and the BIG PR... 230 kg... 507 lbs! Thats a 12 lb PR! Super jacked after this one.
6poPRONRr6A

All and all a great day! The meet ran really smoothly. Met some great people (BFGUITAR was one of them). And hit a new PR.

Sidior
07-18-2009, 09:29 PM
Great ****ing job man!

We should get together and train soon.

roots
07-19-2009, 11:25 AM
haha nice lifts ! And you just had to beat my deadlift by 2 lbs eh. Looks like you had a good time though, I will try to make it to the next meet (provincials)?

danmac
07-19-2009, 11:50 AM
Great ****ing job man!

We should get together and train soon.

Yeah let me know when you want to. I am gone this week on vacation but after that im good to go. Any squat suit experience? I think im getting one soon and have no idea what im doing.

haha nice lifts ! And you just had to beat my deadlift by 2 lbs eh. Looks like you had a good time though, I will try to make it to the next meet (provincials)?

Haha you like that eh! Yeah my next meet will probably be provincials. Though i am tempted to go to the london open...

danmac
07-29-2009, 08:12 AM
After a weeks hiatus i am back. Did some light benching yesterday and felt weak as a kitten, but thats because i didnt eat anything for like 5 hours before the gym.

Speed bench
185x3x8 (different grips)

30 rep bench
235x12,5,3 (today was only 20 rep bench haha)

Tri press downs (rope)
60x8x3

High row machine
15x8
160x8x2

Facepulls
65x12x3

Good to be back in the gym!

Sidior
07-29-2009, 09:55 AM
Nice to see you back, food is good. I think I will be trying to setup a Ottawa WBB meet for some point in august, any suggestions on locations?

roots
07-29-2009, 10:27 AM
good to see this journal back on track. How are you liking the 30 rep bench? was that Curds idea?

Also, we should have the wbb meet at either ottawa U or the carleton gym. the Y is terrible.

danmac
07-29-2009, 04:04 PM
Nice to see you back, food is good. I think I will be trying to setup a Ottawa WBB meet for some point in august, any suggestions on locations?

good to see this journal back on track. How are you liking the 30 rep bench? was that Curds idea?

Also, we should have the wbb meet at either ottawa U or the carleton gym. the Y is terrible.

Thanks guys, good to be back, i am excited to start training for strength instead of just for the meet.

As for locations i dont know, how big of a meet do you think this will be? If its just a few of us than any place will do. If its bigger than that we should probably find a gym thats willing to work with us for the afternoon or whatever. Which probably isnt one of the university gyms... i wouldnt think anyway.

As for the 30 rep bench, i like it normally. Yesterday sucked though. It's curds idea.

danmac
07-31-2009, 03:57 PM
Feeling sluggish as usual today. one of the issues i want to get checked out, probably the last 2 months i have just been dragging.

Bench
135x5
225x1
275x1
315x1 (rough)

Shirt
405x1 (3 brd)
405x3x3 (4 brd)

Db bench (these were all very short breaks)
60sx15
55x12
55x10
55x8
55x12

Db shrugs
140x7
100x10
100x12
100x10

danmac
08-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Felt good today for once, even though i went to the gym late and had trouble getting there.

Speed bench
135x3x8 (different grips)
Went light today, really working on speed. I think my heavier speed reps were a little slow. Leaving the ego at the door.

30 rep bench
235x15,5,4,3,4
So it still took 5 sets, but thats ok. I got a rep PR, and my last set i threw up the 4 like no ones buisness (even though i only needed 3). Done with 90 second breaks.

Db floor press
75x8
100sx7
100sx5

Tri press down
70x12
80x12

OH press
135x1 (haha realized how fried my tris were at this point, as soon as the bar past my head it just died. Gave up here and talked for a bit and then went home.)

roots
08-04-2009, 10:37 PM
**** you and your ****ing 30 rep bench. ****

Nice session though. You should try repping 225.. I think you'd hit 20 !

danmac
08-07-2009, 05:04 PM
haha yeah, Ill try it AFTER i hit 20 with 235 haha.

Yesterday workout

Deadlifts, just deadlifts

First time in 8 months where i do more than 1 rep on deadlifts haha. Also no belt today, old fashion raw.

135x5
225x5
315x5
405x5

Plate (about 1.3 inch) deficit
405x1
455x1
465x0 (knees, and then stopped pulling since my back was rounding and i had no belt, im a chicken)

Todays workout

Bench
135x3
185x3
225x3
275x1
315x1
315x1

4 board
355x3x5

BO DB rows (wieght not including handle)
160sx7 (only one set, back was fried from yesterday)

Band face pulls
3 sets of 12, beige band

Side laterals
30sx8x3

roots
08-07-2009, 07:24 PM
is that paused bench or touch n go? How often do you train paused bench?

danmac
08-08-2009, 04:00 PM
is that paused bench or touch n go? How often do you train paused bench?

Its only paused benching now. I havent done max touch and goed in months.

Sidior
08-08-2009, 04:08 PM
I like the 30 rep idea. Where did that come from?

danmac
08-09-2009, 11:05 AM
I like the 30 rep idea. Where did that come from?

It's curd hos' idea. I do my bench work with him on fridays, hes got a 550+ raw bench.

danmac
08-17-2009, 11:34 AM
Hey, took some time off, i was fighting some illness and some hangovers and had a wedding to attend this weekend. But i am back and on the road to 185.

Went last thursday for approx 30 minutes.

Deadlifts
135x5
225x3
315x3
405x1

1.5 inch deficit
405x1
475x1

regular
405x3

BO rows
225x8x3

Todays workout

Speed squatting (first time since early july)
135x2
205x2x6
135x2

Leg press (high and wide foot position, full stretched ROM)
6ppsx8x3

Leg curls
100x12x2

DB rows
100sx10x3

It was very sweaty and humid in the gym and i was working at a really fast pace (for me) and i started feeling sick. I think its something i ate (actually i think it was this B vitamin i took, i kept burping it).

danmac
08-18-2009, 02:11 PM
Feeling good, Diet is still on track, workouts on track!

DE bench
135x3
155x3x6

Rep bench
235x12 (stopped here, didnt have a spotter and wasnt feeling it)

Db Floor press (short breaks)
100sx8
100sx6
100sx4

DB OH head press, seated on flloor, 30 second breaks (max)
20sx15x4
(thats right 20lbs, each hand, im powerful haha)

Tri Press down
60x12x2

Then got out of there. I am shoveling gravel all day tomorrow so watch the weight fly off. Ill get a tan too.

danmac
08-19-2009, 05:06 PM
I did 9 hours of shoveling gravel and then moving full wheel barrows up a hill and around a house to get to the backyard. I am dead, everything hurts and is cramping.

danmac
08-21-2009, 04:00 PM
Yesterdays workout.

I felt SO sore yesterday but i still went and sucked

Box squats
135x3
225x3
275x3
315x3

Good Mornings
135x7
185x7
225x7

Cable Curls
70x10
80x10
90x10

Done.

Today workouts.

So went in feeling good today, nutrition was good and everything. but things didnt go that well at first.

Bench (touch and go today)
135x3
185x3
225x3
275x3 (felt heavy)
315x3 (very slow and heavy, third rep needed a spot)
315x2
315x1
Ok so my problem has been here for about a month now, when i bench before i press the bar moves down (towards my feet) then up an di have no pop or drive. So we tried things to fix it.
NO arch
315x1 (same problem)
Arch, closer grip
315x1 (same problem)
HARD arch, pushed my feet back like 8 inches (towards my head) THIS was tight, i forgot how tight i should be.
315x3 - i SLAMMED these, these were faster than my 275 for sure, figured it out
315x3
315x2
315x2

FINALLY, i had a good bench workout. My confidence was REALLY down on bench lately, 3 plates felt like a ****ing ton and never moved well off my chest and i just muscled it up. Today i fixed that, and i feel great.

Blue Band tri press downs
10x5

Blue Band Face pull
12x3

DB curls (alternating between reg, hammer and reverse)
35x10x6

DB side laterals
25x12x3

I am trying to get more bi work in as well, purely for aesthetics.

roots
08-21-2009, 06:37 PM
315 for 3 is sick

danmac
08-24-2009, 10:14 PM
Awsome workout today. Really short since i had to go to work, but it felt great.

Speed squats
205x2x8 --- I have never moved off the box like today. I dont know what it was but they were real fast right off the bat. I was in it, i wanted to do like 20 sets but i stopped myself.

DB Rows
100sx15x2 (first set i probably should have done 20)
100sx10 (slowed these down, pinched at the top, bodybuilder style)

Hamstring curls
110x12x2

DB curls
40x10x3

And that was it, off to work.

I also saw a 455x6 squat today... impressive if the guy didnt have a 4 inch range of motion. He then gave squat lessons to all his buddies. Told them they werent going deep enough and then gave them terrible advice. It took a lot for me to hold my tongue.

danmac
08-27-2009, 07:41 PM
**** YA!

500 lb squat today.
Did squats in Embrun with some powerlifters and tried on a squat suit for the first time.

Pretty much all my squats were high until 405 because of the suit. Even the 405 he said was JUST there. The 455 and 500 were called to depth by barry (who judges at times) so they are good.

Straps down
135x3
225x3
315x3
Straps UP
365x3
405x2
Knee wraps on
455x1
500x1 (MASSIVE PR) This lift felt like it took 40 seconds, it was a massive grinder after i flew out of the hole.

That was it. There were 4 of us, a lot of stuff going on and a lot of learning. ITs good though. I am pumped.

roots
08-27-2009, 09:24 PM
thats ****ing badass. update the sig !

danmac
08-28-2009, 09:19 AM
thats ****ing badass. update the sig !

Updated!

Lets see if i can update the bench tonight, i want to touch with something in my shirt.

danmac
08-28-2009, 03:21 PM
I TOUCHED WITH MY SHIRT ON!

I have been losing weight (high 190s now down from 205) so i am able to slip into my bench shirt alone without much trouble. Though its looser, i am not able to touch in it!

Bench (all paused today)
135x3
185x3
225x3
275x1
315x1 (fast and good, paused)

Shirt on
365x1 two board
365x1 one board
365x0 No board (within 1 cm of touching, slammed it up though)
365x1 NICE
385x1 Took a lot to touch but i eventually did and slammed it up.

That was it for today, feeling a little beat up. I have popped blood vessels in my face and cuts all over my legs, torso and now shoulders/ armpits. Just beat up.

Sidior
08-28-2009, 08:54 PM
Two killer workouts, nice work in here. What shirt are you benching with again?

danmac
08-28-2009, 09:08 PM
Two killer workouts, nice work in here. What shirt are you benching with again?

Haha yeah the total went up like 150 lbs in 24 hours haha.

I am benching with a katana. It's a lot of shirt but its pretty big so i am able to touch in it now, but i really have to pull.

I look like i got mauled by a bear from the bite marks. That with the marks all over my torso and legs from the squat suit and popped blood vessels in my face, i am going to have some explaining to do at the cottage tomorrow.

danmac
09-01-2009, 10:21 PM
Todays workout (time constraints)

Speed bench
135x3
155x3x3

Rep bench
235x14 (no spotter so didnt do the 30 rep thing)

DB Floor press
100x8
100x5
100x6

High row machine (aligned so its like a reverse bench)
120x8
140x8
140x6

Laying pulldown (low back arch and bench grip, basically a reverse bench again, i think something dizenzo suggested)...

Forget the weights but i think i made it to like 200lbs x1, i think it will help me pull down more in my bench shirt.

danmac
09-03-2009, 05:58 PM
Squat day with roots

Suit on! (loose size 42 centurian) NO knee wraps since they were stolen and not brought back.

(nothing to depth)
135x3
225x3
Belt on
315x3
Straps up
405x1

Box
455x1 (maybe to depth, short of the box though)

Jacked up my suit here, pulled the legs up like an inch, really worked into it. Straps were now loose though.

455x1 (same problem, SO close to the box)

455x1 Finally sat on the box, but i lost all my tightness to do it. I need ab work to fight that suit. Barely moved at first isnce i was so loose but i got it up.

Good mornings (no belt, slight knee bend, arched back)
135x5
225x5x3
245x5x2

hypers
60x8x3

Standing abs (cable, on step)
60x10
80x10
90x10
80x10

Persicutor
09-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Solid workout. I'll probably go with you guys during that week in September when its free.

danmac
09-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Solid workout. I'll probably go with you guys during that week in September when its free.

Yeah it was a good training session for sure. Its nice to have someone to work with to keep me going on my accessory work instead of just dogging it. Even though it took like 2 hours for 4 things haha.

danmac
09-04-2009, 04:50 PM
405 bench tonight!!!!!

Details to follow!

Sidior
09-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Nice!

danmac
09-05-2009, 12:18 PM
So yesterdays workout turned out awesome. I was missing my regular bench guys but i had roots and persicutor there, so we did some shirted benching.

135x3
185x3
225x1
275x1

Shirt on

405x1 4brd
405x1 3brd
405x1 2brd (all of these were really easy and fast, like there was no weight on at all)

THEN THE BIG ONE
405x1 !!!!

IxcM5w0IkzQ

And that was it for the day, we had to get going. ****ING PUMPED.

roots
09-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Huge. I think you're good for 415 fresh. By the time nationals come around, you're gonna dummy the canadian record.

danmac
09-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Huge. I think you're good for 415 fresh. By the time nationals come around, you're gonna dummy the canadian record.

Provincials are in October, i will have a shot at the ontario record of 402 or whatever it was. Someone recently set the canadian record again to 440 or something wild, that might be out of reach before january (only a junior till then).

I might compete at bench provincials in late november though.

danmac
09-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Uneventful day. Y was open to 4 so i got a little workout in.

Speed squats
135x2
205x2x6 (felt good, did some with a very wide stance and made depth just fine, hips are loosening up)

Good mornings (Slight knee bend, no belt, medium stance, arched back)
135x10
185x10x4

Hypers
40lbx15 (only one set, my erectors were starting to cramp)

Cable abs
80x10
60x15
70x15x2

BB shrugs (short breaks)
135x15
225x16
225x15
225x10
225x8

Sidior
09-07-2009, 02:02 PM
That was quick, nice work man.

danmac
09-08-2009, 04:35 PM
DE bench day

Speed bench
135x3
165x3x6 (different grips)

30 Rep bench
235x12
235x8
235x4
235x5
235x3

Still 5 sets, but its coming. My second set was a lot better this time, but the first went down a few reps.

DB floor press
100sx6
100sx1 (I felt a pinch in my left bicep as i put this down, so i stopped)

Pullups (wideish grip)

Reverse bench pulldown thing
165x1
185x1
205x1x3 (shy from touching by about 1 inch)

danmac
09-08-2009, 06:20 PM
Turns out i am competeing sooner than planned, October 3rd is the day.

Just put an order in with TITAN for a Centurian squat suit, a singlet, some socks, and a lever belt. ****s expensive.

Should i just eat it and buy a DL suit too?

roots
09-08-2009, 10:01 PM
yes. then i can use it.....

danmac
09-09-2009, 12:02 AM
yes. then i can use it.....

Didn't order the suit. I don't want to try to learn it before the meet.

I will try pulling in the new squat suit though, comes monday.

danmac
09-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Fighting a fierce cold today. I couldnt sleep last night because of it, i was up until after 4 am and ended up sleeping upright on the couch. Anyway, i thought with some carbs and stuff i could have a great workout planned.. not so much.

Deadlift (in squat suit, first time)
135x4 (straps down, felt like normal)
225x1 (straps up, felt AMAZING, tons of pop)
315x1 (belt on, felt ok, pretty fast)
405x1 (i cant do my normal grip and rip, so its different)
495x1

So yeah, the 495 was slow and a struggle. I dont know if it was because of the atmosphere (and attitude) i had, the squat suit changing my technique, or the terrible cold/ no sleep, but that was ****ing hard. So yeah, ill try pulling again next week, and if its still no good, ill be pulling raw at the meet.

Squats (i spent a lot of time jacking up my suit today so i could reach depth, it helped)
135x4 Straps down, depth was hit
225x4 Straps up, belt on, depth was close
315x4 Just at parallel
405x4 Good!

Now i was supposed to do 3 more sets of the 405, but yeah i thought i was going to die. MY head at this point (due to cold and deadlift) felt like it was going to explode. My nose started bleeding during the set as well.

Went to do good mornings, unracked it and said **** it.

DB curls
30x8

Felt like puking, head hurts, went home.
Thanks for reading this novel.

roots
09-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Nosebleeding again? haha, thats becoming a normal part of your workout. Also, get over this cold so we can do some squat training, thanks.

danmac
09-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Nosebleeding again? haha, thats becoming a normal part of your workout. Also, get over this cold so we can do some squat training, thanks.

I can pretty much guarantee a nose bleed at the meet. Make sure you get a nice zoom in.

danmac
09-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Bench day

barx5
135x3
185x3
225x1
275x1
315x1

Shirt on- 2 brds
385x4x3
385x3... I am beat

Headache came back and called it quits after a few random back sets.

In other news i tried on my brand new squat suit a few minutes ago, Holy **** its tight. It took me 10-15 minutes just to get it on, and it still needed a bit of work. Here comes a 550 squat!

danmac
09-14-2009, 09:12 PM
De bench

Speed bench
135x3
135x3 + mini band
155x3 + mini band x 2
155x3 + 2 mini bands

30 Rep bench (only 18 reps today haha)

235x11
235x7 (went close grip here, elbow felt tendonitusy, went well though)

Put new squat suit on.

Sumo deadlift
225x1
315x1
405x1
495x0 (couldnt get it off the floor)

I just wanted to see if i could deadlift sumo in this new thing, apparently i cannot. So i will be pulling conventional, without a squat suit, come october.

Db floor press
100s x 9

Db curls
50sx12 (eat that persicutor)

danmac
09-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Squats!

135x4
225x3
315x3

Suit bottoms on, belt on
365x3 high

Belt on, straps up
405x2 better, but first rep i tried to hard to get down and my knees came in.
405x1 same second rep from last time, just a couple inches high
455x1 close
455x1 Depth was passible, did a little drop and pop at the bottom like i have been told to and honestly it feels like there is no weight on the bar.

Knee wraps on
505x1 Depth was good. EASY as hell. Felt like nothinnnnnnng. PR!

Tried deadlifting again, conventional, Couldnt make it to the bar. Seriously i have never been in so much pain haha, by this point i have had the suit on for over an hour and it hurt.

roots
09-17-2009, 12:40 PM
sick pr

Sidior
09-17-2009, 01:37 PM
Headaches and nose bleeds eh... ahh the wonderful world of equipped training. Nice PRs in here brother.

danmac
09-18-2009, 07:06 PM
Headaches and nose bleeds eh... ahh the wonderful world of equipped training. Nice PRs in here brother.

Thanks man, this gear thing is crazy. My body looks like it is falling apart and things are hurting that have never hurt before haha. Should be good to rock it on the third though.

Bench today-

135x3
185x3
225x1
225x3
275x1
275x1

Shirt on- 2 brd
385x1
405x3
415x2 (both reps were out of the groove, shirt was riding high on my neck)
415x2 much better, first was perfect, second was slow but good.

Shirt off - floor press
135x6
225x6
275x3
225x12

Home and off to the cottage for the weekend.

danmac
09-23-2009, 06:45 PM
Squat time! Last squats before the meet!

135x5
225x3

Belt on
315x1

Bottoms on w/ belt
315x1

Full suit w/ belt
405x1
455x1
455x1

Just bottoms w/ belt and knees wraps
455x1 (depth)

Full suit w/belt and knee wraps
495x1
515x1 (high)
515x1 (GOOD) My suit was jacked all the way up, higher than ever. Finally hit depth... but its still not deep. Anyway, new PR. Still came up fast, though i can feel the weight now.

danmac
09-26-2009, 09:32 AM
Bench
135x5
225x3
275x1

Shirt on 2 brd
365x1
420x1

Shirt, to chest
385x1 (opener for weekend)

DL
225x3
315x1
405x1 (just reminding myself how to deadlift haha)

Felt like ass today, went out a bit last night and slept with the mrs on a single bed and had to get up at 7. Worked out with no food too. Still hit my opener on pretty much the worst conditions.

danmac
10-03-2009, 06:22 PM
So after a week of hiatus i had the big provincial meet today!

Squat
475x0 (nervous, came down weird and basically sat on teh ground haha)
475x0 (high, 3 reds)
475x0 (high, JUST, i thought i got it, one white light)

And that was that. Bombed it.

A few hours later i went to th gym with persicutor and roots.

Bench
135x5
185x5
225x5
275x5
295x3
295x1

Floor Press
235x10
255x6
245x7

Tri Press down
70x12
70x10

DB BO rows
85x8
100x20 ( thought i was going to die after)

db Curls
45x11 (persicutor beat me)

Actually a good workout, terrible meet. Have to figure some things out.

Bench provincials here i come, im taking that ****ing record.

danmac
10-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Did a little leg workout today, surprisingly sore from the weekend. Went out for breakfast (very salty) and went right after, so i was pretty dehydrated.

Squats- Did them very deep, closer stance, a bit higher bar. I am basically rebuilding my squat from the bottom up. Trying a 3x5 with linear progression every week.

135x5
185x5
225x5
275x5
315x5 (I only did one set)

that was it, just wanted to squat a bit.

Sidior
10-05-2009, 10:32 PM
Sorry to hear about the bomb out man. I know CPU can be depth nazis so I wouldn't stress too much about get red lighted for depth.

danmac
10-06-2009, 04:08 PM
Sorry to hear about the bomb out man. I know CPU can be depth nazis so I wouldn't stress too much about get red lighted for depth.

Thanks, its ****ty but oh well. Set my training a blaze. I am now training for my redemption at the provincial bench championships.

Rack Lockouts - 7 exposed notches (about 6 inches of ROM)
225x5
315x5
405x3
420x1 (SLOW and hard, but im glad i got it)
410x0 (Short break and felt like a TON)
385x1 (Wanted 3, got 1)

DB Flat bench - <60 second breaks
65sx10x3 (Paused at bottom)
65sx10 (no pause)
65sx7 (died)

Rear delt flies
Purple band x 30 x 2

Face pulls
Purple band x 30 x 3

NOTE: Purple bands are regular mini bands

danmac
10-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Great workout!

Bench
225x3
275x2
315x1
335x1
345x1 (First time i have hit that in months)

Shirt on
410x0 - Shirt wasnt in at all, felt like i couldnt even come down half way so i stopped.
410x1 (felt great, head came up a bit on the way down) PR

Pulled the shirt down more here.

410x0.5 Came down weird. No pop. Locked out myself.
410x0.5 Same issue, but this time just one side came down weird.

Turns out i was jacking my shirt down to far, it was to hard to touch so i was sacrificing form just to get the **** down. So we didnt pull the shirt down to much on this one at all.

410x1 Smashed it, really pressed at the bottom of this one.
430x1 HUGE PR, curds hands were on it a bit so its not a true PR but it was ****ing nice. Pressed great out of the bottom and the lockout was all me.

DB incline press (30 degrees) (weights not including handle) (60 second breaks)
55x10x4
55x8 (died)

Tri press downs (60 second timed breaks)
Red band x30x5

roots
10-09-2009, 05:35 PM
****, thats a huge bench. provincial record is still 411? or has it changed

danmac
10-09-2009, 05:37 PM
****, thats a huge bench. provincial record is still 411? or has it changed

Provincial is 402.

danmac
10-15-2009, 10:23 AM
Yesterday
Rack lockouts
225x5
315x3
420x1

Rear delt flys
purple bandx30x2

Face pulls
Purple bandx30x3

DB curls
40x5
45x5
50x5
40x5x2

DB Hammer curls
45x8x3

Shoulder rotation stuff with bands

Felt like ass so i just kinda did some light things.

huskybear
10-15-2009, 03:51 PM
Great work you've been doing bro... can't wait to see the 402 record get destroyed!

danmac
10-16-2009, 04:14 PM
Great work you've been doing bro... can't wait to see the 402 record get destroyed!

Thanks man! not a great week for workouts but todays was good.

Short and sweet, no accessory work today.

Bench
135x5
185x3
225x3
275x1
315x1
340x1 (paused PR)

Shirt on
410x1
410x1 (smashed it)
410x1 (groove bad but muscled it up)
410x1 (slowwwww)
430x1 GREAT REP

Cut to **** tonight, my armpits are like bleeding.

roots
10-16-2009, 06:38 PM
sick benching

danmac
10-17-2009, 10:32 AM
sick benching

Yeah its coming together.

When do you want to train together?

roots
10-17-2009, 04:56 PM
maybe on next weekend, deads or something. does your pass work at the merivale Y now? any guest passes?

roots
10-19-2009, 08:36 PM
you dont workout anymore eh ?

also check persicutors journal haha

danmac
10-20-2009, 03:35 PM
you dont workout anymore eh ?

also check persicutors journal haha

I workout more than you ****er haha.

I saw it in your bros journal, i just refuse to write in anyones journal who has a bench under 225.

As for today, i felt great today in the gym.

Lockouts (same hole as last time)
225x5
315x5
365x3
420x2 PR Heavy as hell
420x0x2 Felt as though i was pushing against a wall haha
405x1x3 These were suposed to be doubles but i could only muster up a single.

DB Bench
65x10x2 paused
65sx10x2 t and g
65sx8 (one more rep than last time)

Face pulls
purple band x30x5

Tri press downs (purple band, grabbing at head level, single arm, no break)
20, 12, 8, (break) 20

Tri over head (purple band, over head, single arm)

Curls (purple band, big stretch, single arm)
12x3 (massive pump, havnet had a bi pump like that in years)

Just fun stuff with bands today and some good lockouts.

danmac
10-21-2009, 11:31 PM
Quick workout after work today. Honestly i felt pretty good, a little tired, but for some reason my 2 work sets kicked my ass today haha... and they werent even heavy.

Squats (narrower stance, low bar, ass to the ****ing middle of the earth)
135x5
185x5
225x5
315x5 (I was going to do 3 sets, but seriously i haven't squatted in a while and this was all i had haha)

DB Rows
100sx20

I was in the gym for like 15 minutes, good times haha.
Anyway, im not to concerned about the squats, i know what i can do. Starting over from scratch here, maybe next week ill hit 325x5! haha.

danmac
10-22-2009, 04:17 PM
Hardcore powerlifting day at the gym.

Shoulders were real tight from tuesday so i did some prehab stuff.

Shoulder dislocates
10x3

Wall Press (standing against a wall and raising lowering hands above head)
20x3

Rotator cuff thing, alternating directions, purple band
10x6

Face pulls, purple band
20x2

Now the good stuff

Standing vertical preacher curl (Paused and dead hang at bottom)
EZ curl bar +25s x5
EZ curl bar +35s x5x3
EZ curl bar +35s x3

Cable Curl (strait bar)
40x8
60x8x3

Band Curl (purple band, squeezed at the top)
12x2

Cable crunches
60x10
70x10x2

HARDCORE WORKOUT!....

Well not really, but i don't work out thursday i just wanted to go. So i thought i would throw in some extra bi work.

Sidior
10-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Your benching is getting nasty. When are we going to get a session in man?

danmac
10-24-2009, 04:20 PM
Your benching is getting nasty. When are we going to get a session in man?

Soon buddy, I am competing on the 7th so all the sessions till then are pretty much booked or are boring. But after that im good to go.
Yesterdays workout
Bench (touch and go)
135x3
185x1
225x1
275x1 Slow, took it again
275x2
290x1
290x2
350x1 (PR)

Shirt on
410x1 (****)
410x1 (better)
410x1 (completely clean, IPF approved)
430x0 (dumped on chest, I let the bar do its thing instead of forcing it where i want it)
430x1 Very nice, a little touch on my lockout from the spotter but pretty damn good. I jacked my shirt down a bit and really fought the bar to my chest, actually had shirt marks across my chest plate which is a new one for me.

So yeah, next week i will hit my opener a few times and call it a day. Cant wait.

Open with 385.
Set Provincial with 405.
Break own record on third attempt.

roots
10-24-2009, 06:27 PM
absolutely ridiculous

Coke
10-25-2009, 12:29 PM
Your benching is getting nasty.

No bull****...killer benching!!

danmac
10-28-2009, 12:26 PM
No bull****...killer benching!!

Thanks man.

Sick as a dog right now, so thats where there is a lack of training. Hopefully i am recovered and good to ****ing rock it in a week.

danmac
11-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Back at it **********s.

Last bench day before meettttttt

135x10
185x5
225x2
275x1
315x1

shirt on
405x1 (one board)
385x1 off chest

Time to go home haha. I couldnt do **** all last week but i wanted to get my opener in before the meet so i went today. Tonight actually, after work. IM still a little sick, i got home from the gym and vomitted. But i think thats because i chugged a massive energy drink right before my workout and had a coffee a few hours ago, and i hadnt had any caffiene all week.

Persicutor
11-02-2009, 09:10 PM
Good thing you can hit your opener even when you're sick. I'm guessing thats your last workout before the meet eh

danmac
11-03-2009, 06:31 AM
Good thing you can hit your opener even when you're sick. I'm guessing thats your last workout before the meet eh

Nah im going to do light stuff all week. I don't want to go into the meet feeling flat like last time, just enough to keep some blood in my muscles.

danmac
11-07-2009, 11:28 PM
Provincial record holder right here!

Bench 185 kg today (408 lbs) at 90 kg Jr. The old record was 182.5! Details and video will follow when i get them.

danmac
11-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Vids not here yet.

Today-

DE bench
135x3
+2 mini bands under bench
135x3x4 (narrow grip)
135x3x2 (pinky on rings)
135x3x2 (comp grip)

OH press
105x8
135x6
135x3 (holy **** these have gone down)

BO DB Row
100sx10 (60 s break)
100sx10 (90s ish break)
100sx10 (about a 2 minute break here, i was dying, this apparently is cardio for me)
100sx10 (damn near falling over breathing heavy, i need to bring up my work capacity drastically. Its probably from being sick, i havent done much since).

Facepulls
Purple band x 15 x3

Now off to work!

Persicutor
11-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Congrats on the provincial record thats ****in awesome!! Hurry up and gets those vids posted. What did you end up going for on your 3rd attempt?

danmac
11-09-2009, 03:08 PM
Congrats on the provincial record thats ****in awesome!! Hurry up and gets those vids posted. What did you end up going for on your 3rd attempt?

Thank buddy. I went for a 192.5 kg (424lb) attempt. I may have overshot a bit, i should have just gone a bit higher to pad my record.

roots
11-09-2009, 10:38 PM
yeah crazy benching. i also want to see the medal and plaque.

let me know when you join that PL club at ottawa u

Sidior
11-09-2009, 11:26 PM
Congrats on that bench record man! Awesome work.

danmac
11-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Congrats on that bench record man! Awesome work.

Thanks man! It was an awesome time.

Tonights workout, first deadlifting in like 4 months haha.

DL
135x6
225x3
315x3
405x3
405x2x2
405x1 (Felt like 4005 lbs)

So yeah, first pulls in forever. I was supposed to do 6 sets of 3.... and you can see what happened.

High bar olympic squats

135x2
225x2
315x2 (was a lot heavier than planned, plus i had just deadlifting, so called it a day)

Hypers
Purple band x 8
2 purple bandsx6x3

Good workout i guess, like i said i havent pulled in ages. I just finished reading reactive training and am going to follow that for a bit. Went for all you can eat sushi tonight and basically ate myself sick so i should have some power tomorrow.

danmac
11-13-2009, 04:32 PM
Bench tonight

Bench
135x10
185x5
225x3
275x1

Shirt on
385x0.5 (shirt was riding high and i couldnt touch)
385x2x3
I was supposed to do 6 sets here, but i did 3/4. Oh well, i stopped when the weight started to feel real ****ing heavy.

Raw 3 boards
345x3x4
Again, was supposed to do 6 sets but on the 4th set i really struggled to get that 3rd rep up.

Band Tri Press downs
red band x8
Green band (monster)x6x4 (this was actually really hard, felt my tris exploding)

Yates row
135x10x3
I had some lat work called for in the training, and there was 135lb on the bar on the ground so i did it. I did yates rows since my lower back was fried from the DLing.

Extra workout tomorrow! Lets see if i don't get drunk tonight.

danmac
11-16-2009, 02:17 PM
^^ never ended up having that extra workout due to hangover.

Todays workout lacked motivation, i dont know why. But afterwards i went out and bought some new bands and some new suppliements (pre workout stuff) if anything it will get the motivation going strong when im there.

Squats w doubled minis to a below parallel box
135x5
185x3
225x2
275x1 (lost my breath on the second one and ended up dumping it in the rack at hte bottom, sucks because the first wasnt that hard).
225x2
245x2
245x2

Deadlift off of plates (1.5+ inches)
135x3
225x3
315x3
405x2
405x1
405x1 (all these were supposed to be tripples)

Skipped my high rep squatting here.

Standing cable abs
70x8x3

Long workout, i spent a lot of time helping a buddy with his benching. I love doing that stuff, but today it really ate into my workout and intensity. Helped him set a pr and he looked 100x better benching afterwards.