PDA

View Full Version : cardio questions

slashkills
03-09-2009, 06:27 PM
I want to start adding some cardio to my workouts. I decided this when my heart felt like it was going to explode out of my chest after carrying two 45lbs plates down into my basement. Im following a westside template
mon-ME squat
tue-off
wed-ME bench
thur-off
fri-DE squat
sat-off
sun-DE bench

Im thinking about doing some jogging for about 20min on my off days followed by some short sprints. I dont have access to a sled and have no where to really pull one. My lawn is flooded with all the rain and i dont want to tear it up. Im not aloud to pull it on the street being our subdivions president is a dbag and lives right next door.

My only concern is i dont want to develope to many slow twitch muscle fibers making me slower. I may still be playing football next year. How do i add cardio to this routine with out lowering my speed?

Tom Mutaffis
03-11-2009, 10:17 AM
For your circumstances I would say that interval training will probably be your best option - something like run for one minute then walk for one minute, alternating for 15-20 minutes. One easy way to do this at the track is to sprint the straitaways and walk the bends...

slashkills
03-19-2009, 05:33 PM
Thanks. How many times a week could i do this with out hurting my training?

VikingWarlord
03-20-2009, 07:30 AM
You won't get any better information than this:

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=292

tomv
03-20-2009, 08:25 AM
All Hail VikingWarlord and his link of wisdom!

VikingWarlord
03-20-2009, 08:28 AM
All Hail VikingWarlord and his link of wisdom!

I think she's forgotten more about training than most of us will ever know. A conversation with that woman will make your head want to explode.

slashkills
03-20-2009, 03:23 PM
thanks,read it before. Guess i should have read more carefully

5. It doesn’t promote the conversion of type IIb (the so-called “pure” fast-twitch muscles) to type IIa slow-twitch analogues (7) (see below, steady-state cardio discussion).

tomv
03-20-2009, 06:40 PM
I think she's forgotten more about training than most of us will ever know. A conversation with that woman will make your head want to explode.

Yeah I agree 100% man, a fountain of knowledge and always willing to help. Great lady. BTW does she still post on these boards? Haven't seen her username around (I haven't been on the boards for about 5-6 months myself).

Mercuryblade
03-21-2009, 12:50 AM
Yeah I agree 100% man, a fountain of knowledge and always willing to help. Great lady. BTW does she still post on these boards? Haven't seen her username around (I haven't been on the boards for about 5-6 months myself).

She has her own blog now. I have it bookmarked on my other computer. Somebody on here I'm sure has a link tho.

VikingWarlord
03-21-2009, 07:56 AM

No, she's not around here much these days. In addition to her blog, she's got another forum and working on another huge project. Since I'm one of her Administrators there, I've been told I'm not allowed to mention the site publicly or else it's "recruiting".

Pimpstick
03-21-2009, 08:12 AM
Crossword Puzzle Clues!!!

Sci Fi show: Space: Above and ________
Latinos like to drive: _____ riders
OMG if I eat _______ after 6 pm, I'm gonna turn into teh fatz!!11

slashkills
03-21-2009, 10:32 AM
lol.

tomv
03-21-2009, 09:35 PM
Haha nice. Cheers.