PDA

View Full Version : My current cutting plan (criticism welcome)

roflcopter
03-09-2009, 07:15 PM
As I have stated in previous posts, I am currently on my fourth week of the TNT diet. So far I have found results to be fantastic. In the last week though I noticed that the scale hasn't budged (I'm aware this could be due to my increase in muscle mass, and in fact I am still burning fat). The only thing I am worried about is the fact that the TNT diet book does not focus on counting calories...I guess this is due to dumbing it down for an average joe and it is assumed if a person is consuming protein at every meal he or she will naturally cut calories.

Right now I weigh 173 (from 183 four weeks ago) and the scale has not budged in a little less than a week.

heres my food intake:
7:00am: 2 Eggs over (sometimes with cheese, depending on my mood) with water

(during class I drink a bottle of water before lunch)

10:30am: A cut up breast of chicken marinade in hot sauce with a water and a sugar free Jell-O (0 carbs)

2:00pm: 1-2 hotdogs (no bun, obviously) and another sugar free Jell-O, and depending how hungry I am maybe a small handful of almonds.

4:00pm: Pre-workout protein shake (with water, not milk)
4:40pm-5:45pm: Workout session (TNT exercise plan)
5:50pm: Post-workout protein shake (again, with water)
6:30pm: Dinner varies from steak, to hamburger without bun, to chicken (changes each night) with a side of vegetables (excluding corn, potatoes, parsnips, carrots etc) and a Diet Coke
8:30pm: Cheese stick, sometimes another sugar free Jell-O (cut me some slack, its the only sweet thing i can eat! :angel:

after this time I only drink water to keep me satisfied

As a side note, this meal plan is on workout days only, I do not work out every day.

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns? Suggestions? Anything.....:help:

cphafner
03-09-2009, 07:27 PM
What plan are you doing? A, B, C, D, E? How many refeed days. What are you doing on your non workout days?

roflcopter
03-09-2009, 07:52 PM
Right now since its the first four weeks I am currently in Plan A, and during the non-workout days I basically eat a high protein food in replacement of my protein shake (since the taste of VP2 creamy vanilla is absolutely unbearable with water) and right now I don't think I am doing any refeed days because he states that the first 4 weeks are purely fat burning rather than muscle feeding, that comes in the second four weeks in which I take up Plan B (I start that plan next Monday)

ResistancE1
03-09-2009, 08:23 PM
I would add in some more greens for lunch as a filler and more egg whites.

Mercuryblade
03-10-2009, 01:16 AM
What's wrong with carrots?

roflcopter
03-10-2009, 01:24 PM
ok thanks. I'm not exactly sure but the book states that carrots have a little too much starch in them to be eating like broccoli.

Anyone else have any suggestions for what I should do next?

Another thing...Can all of you check out my other post on fred's incredible muffins? I really need some feedback on this food

Pimpstick
03-10-2009, 01:36 PM
I think I'd weigh 120 pounds if I ate that little. You have a show coming up or something or are you 4 feet tall?

roflcopter
03-10-2009, 01:42 PM
hahaha I'm 5"11 and 173 pounds...I'm really not that hungry in between meals, how much more should I be eating?

kevowamo
03-10-2009, 02:08 PM
although cutting at 173 is crazy...there arent enough greens in there, you need a multi vitamin, and DONT EXCLUDE potatoes from post-workout meals. sweet potatoes are great for that window. and to be honest, dont be afraid of a bun post workout. it'll up your insulin levels, and PWO is the optimal time for hightened insulin levels (since it is very anabolic and will help your protein utilization)

Pimpstick
03-10-2009, 02:10 PM
I'm not sure what your goals are, but I'm also 5'11", and I swear that looks like a starvation diet. At our height 173 pounds is skinny, no matter how it is packaged. Do you want to become an Ethiopian or a WBB'r?

When is the last time you were 200 pounds? If never, try it sometime, you will like it.

I just bulked to 215 from a damn near anorexic 179 pounds over the past year and a half or so (that's 2 bulk / cut cycles in that time), and I can tell you that the ladies like it a lot more when you're bigger. I'm currently 199 after cutting since New Years, and let me tell you how much more satisfying my physique is here than when I was under 180.

I'm just sayin, Brad Pitt may looked jacked at 165 lbs. with good camera angles, makeup, fake tatoos, and a spray on tan, but any 200 pounder on this board with a couple years of training would look like a stud in real life compared to him. Pitt would look bitch-made in comparison.

roflcopter
03-10-2009, 02:20 PM
I know you must all think I'm crazy, but honestly I am still chubby. I used to be 210 a little over a year ago and back then I was HUGE. I got down to 185 and then started this TNT diet to end the plateau I hit. Maybe if I was all muscle at 173 then I would be anorexic, but its mostly flab, unfortunately.

roflcopter
03-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Ok after searching around on multiple boards I have come up with the following revisions....(please feel free to give your input if these revisions are useless)

Cut the cheese out, replace with either nuts or peanut butter(natural)

(The thing that worries me about increasing intake of nuts is the amount of carbs, since im trying to cut, carbs are obviously an issue but they say the protein in carbs overshadow the minimal carbs they offer, any confirmation on that? They also state the cheese is the main thing thats preventing me from losing fat

Do cardio (walk not run to prevent muscle loss)

Cut the diet drinks out completely (aside from the once a day jello)

Replace hotdogs with something of more value (lean meat, tuna, nuts, etc)

Drink more water

ResistancE1
03-10-2009, 07:32 PM
and more eggs damn it...

roflcopter
03-10-2009, 07:37 PM
hahaha ok ok ok! hate to be a little bitch but can you make any recommendations as to where I can add more eggs? (preferably without getting sick of them)

ResistancE1
03-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Dude egg whites are just pure protein, therefore you can eat them whenever you want?

Use a little canola oil 0 cal spray, add your favorite vegetables and make a nice little omelet

Or just buy them hard boiled and just pick out the yoke and stick the whites into a salad with carrots!

roflcopter
03-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Ok, thanks man. I really appreciate everything from you guys, I'm trying to become a fitness aficionado myself but these things take time.

One more thing, since I was a pre-diabetic before I realized how important fitness was, I tend to have a loose ring around my gut due to my metabolic syndrome (with that, fat goes straight to the gut)....There is very little fat left here, it seems to be mostly loose skin. Will the walking on the treadmill for 40 minutes on my off-days tighten this area up?

Pimpstick
03-11-2009, 07:09 AM
Only time will tighten your skin, or surgery.

Once again, you should not be cutting, and I promise you will not enjoy the results. But it's your body, and the more people who are 165 lbs. in the world just make me look better.

bass slayer
03-11-2009, 08:56 AM
Pimpstick is right. 173 is pretty small and you should be continuing to bulk. The only reason your flabby is because it is left over flab and with time it will go away. You should at least try to go to 185-190 or more before you cut. That way you will be bigger with more muscle, and you will look alot better after your cut. I see alot of skinny guys that look pretty lean and ripped, but there still small and if they put on more weight and bulked 20-30 lbs they could get lean again but they would be bigger and have more muscle.

Ryno
03-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Don't avoid carbs completely. Brocolli and sweet potato need to be in your diet. Carbs help you to process the protein, otherwise you'll end up with kidney stones later on.

roflcopter
03-11-2009, 01:07 PM
So what you're saying is...by me bulking at my current 173 until around 190 I will look skinnier than if I continue to cut? I feel like I might not be following you..

Pimpstick
03-11-2009, 01:16 PM
I'm saying if you continue to bulk to 200, then cut down to 190 or even 185, you will be much much happier with the results. You haven't even gotten big yet and you want to cut.... to me that seems silly.

beaverfootball
03-11-2009, 01:47 PM
pimpstick is making a very good point. I'm in your situation.. I used to play some college FB and I was alot bigger and well long story short. I weigh about 185 - 190 now but i still have roughyl the same bf%. I just lost mostly muscle.

I'm gettin back into the weight lifting world and I'm gonna bulk up to about 210 - 215 before I cut back down to 200. You WILL appreciate it much more.

roflcopter
03-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Ok I understand your point. Well I only have a week or so left on my TNT plan so I might as well finish it out and then pursue a plan where I will bulk up.

When I bulk though, I will gain a lot of fat back, right? :bang:

bass slayer
03-11-2009, 02:18 PM
So what you're saying is...by me bulking at my current 173 until around 190 I will look skinnier than if I continue to cut? I feel like I might not be following you..

You dont want to get skinnier, you want to be big, but ripped. What were saying is you will look overall better bulking to 200 then cutting rather than cutting at 173. Arnold Schwarzenegger wouldnt be considered skinny, he was huge and ripped and that my friend is the perfect build.

Pete22
03-11-2009, 02:34 PM
hahaha I'm 5"11 and 173 pounds...I'm really not that hungry in between meals, how much more should I be eating?

Why are you cutting?

roflcopter
03-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Why are you cutting?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I've attempted to answer that question multiple times, and I have updated questions...read the whole thread

Pete22
03-11-2009, 02:45 PM
I know you must all think I'm crazy, but honestly I am still chubby.

When I bulk though, I will gain a lot of fat back, right? :bang:

Evidently you still aren't getting it.

roflcopter
03-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Evidently you still aren't getting it.

I'm trying to make it clear that I'm not getting it, so would you care to explain?

Pete22
03-11-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm trying to make it clear that I'm not getting it, so would you care to explain?

Sure. Train hard and eat. It seems like it may be more complicated than that but it really isn't. I guarantee you if you consistently bust your ass in the gym, and eat about 3-4k calories a day with solid amounts of protein/good carbs/etc (5-6 meals a day), you will see something magical happen. The scale will start moving up, but you will start looking bigger and leaner.

Once you get to about 200lbs or so, then take a step back and decide if you want to add more mass or if you want to cut down a bit. Good luck.

steve_op
03-17-2009, 11:03 AM
Yea, just take it from these guys. Work on adding some good clean weight. Then when you feel the need to cut back, start your cut diet. Just to give an example, I am 5' 6'' 193lbs. I feel I have no need to think about cutting right now. I am prob around 11-12% bf and I look pretty thick. I don't plan on doing a cut until 215lbs or so. And I am only 5' 6''. I know that once I get to where I want and start my cut, I will look so much more solid than what I would have had I cut when I was 180lbs.