PDA

View Full Version : What gives boys ?

J Mac0123
03-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Well, I started my bulk in January after getting back from Hawaii. I started clean with..

Meal 1- 8 egg whites and 3/4 cups of oatmeal
Meal 2- 4 rice cakes and a protien shake
Meal 3- 150 g of chicken with 50g of rice
Meal 4- 4 rice cakes and protien shake
Meal 5- Some kind of meat with potatoes
Meal 6- protein shake or 8 egg whites.

Then after starting work out of town and living at camps the food is what it is i dont choose whats at the kitchen. Soo i tried the ol "eat everything and everything" still not gaining much weight. i Guess i should track my cals ? i thought i could at least see SOME gains from this though ?

VikingWarlord
03-10-2009, 04:11 PM
i Guess i should track my cals ?

If you already know the answer...why ask the question?

Xellarz
03-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Doesn't really look like you're eating too much anyways. But definitely track your calories.

Pete22
03-10-2009, 04:53 PM
In the words of George Costanza, "Have a yolk!" But seriously, you are eating pretty clean and if that isn't working, either bump up the intake or throw in some more calorically dense foods. Whole eggs, more steak/beef, milk, etc.

Brodiesel
03-10-2009, 05:00 PM
are you eating until you feel sick?

J Mac0123
03-10-2009, 05:15 PM
I asked because I was looking for things maybe i overlooked. And yes i almost threw up the other night and couldnt get to sleep for an hour and a bit because i was stuffed to the max.

OXplode
03-10-2009, 05:26 PM
wow soo how much does that cost a day? roughly
I would if I could, eat like that:drooling:

J Mac0123
03-10-2009, 05:42 PM
its free ha ha, i work in the oilfield and we stay at camps so breakfast and supper are made for us and we grab our lunches from the kitchen before we leave to go to site. Except you dont get to decide whats made, they make a variety of things and you can pick from them.

evilxxx
03-10-2009, 06:04 PM
Oilfield worker?...increase your calories! Im sure you spend most of the day on your feet doing stuff.

J.C.
03-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Far, far too clean. Especially for a young guy. You could get away with eating a lot more fat. It may because I have quite a fast metabolism but I love my fats!

You need an excess of calories. You're getting enough protein already so if you're not gaining its because you need more total calories. There are 4cals per gram of carbohydrate and 4 per g of protein. But there are 9cals per gram of fat! Double the amount! Your body won't really care where the extra calories are coming from so just start adding in some more fatty foods and you'll increase your total calories without feeling full and stuffed the whole time.

Whole milk, whole eggs, red meat, butter, olive oil, nuts, peanut butter, ice cream, cheese. All good, all easy to eat. I doubt you'll gain much fat from eating more fat unless you go way overboard, but you will probably start gaining muscle again.

With your existing diet this will be easy to do with only a few modifications. Firstly, whole eggs, leave the yolk! Instant extra calories and some added vitamins too. Lots of whole milk always works. With time and persistence you'll start gaining.

ResistancE1
03-10-2009, 07:37 PM
that is def. not a bulking diet? My advise would be to double everything that you got right now.

ResistancE1
03-10-2009, 07:38 PM
also.. who the hell eats rice cakes? Especially on a bulk? wtf?

Brodiesel
03-10-2009, 08:03 PM
Here's what I did to go from 165 to 220,
I ate all the time, and dont throw up. You're jsut losing those valuable calories you just ate, your trying to get bigger not be bulimic.
1-I woke up and ate like 2 cups of oats, 30 grams of protein from a shake, and like 20 almonds
2nd meal- eggs sausage and a bagel w/ PB
3rd- chicken breast sandwhich, fries, and usually another sandwhich
4- another chicken breast sandwhich
5-protein shake and chicken breast sandwhich or lunchmeat sandwhich
6- a slice of pizza, fires and a meatball sub or fish or steaksub
7-snack on a ton of almonds cashews beef jerkey
8-protein shake before bed

Also, the value of mcdonalds dollar menu can not be emphasized enough.

jreed110
03-11-2009, 03:25 AM
also.. who the hell eats rice cakes? Especially on a bulk? wtf?

Ha agreed 100%, I thought these were just for women who starve themselves!

VikingWarlord
03-11-2009, 06:20 AM
Ha agreed 100%, I thought these were just for women who starve themselves!

**** that. Quakes are awesome. The cheddar cheese and ranch ones are the best flavors ever. A small bag of those about an hour before training is a great quick carbup.

I also like smashing them and using them to bread chicken breasts.

ku_med
03-11-2009, 07:11 AM
introduce fats into your diet as drummer suggests. whole eggs, steaks, peanut butter/nuts, and milk is a good start. But don't listen to the "bruh, eat everything in sight" nonsense. Keep it somewhat clean, and judging by your diet you know how to do that. yeah you're 163 lbs, 18 years old and bulking, but if you take this at all seriously, keep your diet clean and put on quality, not quantity.

J.C.
03-11-2009, 07:14 AM
Here's what I did to go from 165 to 220,
I ate all the time, and dont throw up. You're jsut losing those valuable calories you just ate, your trying to get bigger not be bulimic.
1-I woke up and ate like 2 cups of oats, 30 grams of protein from a shake, and like 20 almonds
2nd meal- eggs sausage and a bagel w/ PB
3rd- chicken breast sandwhich, fries, and usually another sandwhich
4- another chicken breast sandwhich
5-protein shake and chicken breast sandwhich or lunchmeat sandwhich
6- a slice of pizza, fires and a meatball sub or fish or steaksub
7-snack on a ton of almonds cashews beef jerkey
8-protein shake before bed

Now that's a bulking diet! I'm eating a bit cleaner now but when I was doing my initial bulk this was my style too. When you're really working hard in the gym, and you're nowhere near your genetic potential, you can get away with eating like this and gain very little body fat. In addition to eating like this, carry around some nuts so you can be snacking the whole time, and drink 4-5 pints of milk a day. If you're bored, go make a sandwich. Its surprisingly easy to get in the calories once you're used to eating like that. And you won't fill stuffed to bursting, you'll just always feel satisfied.

Pete22
03-11-2009, 07:37 AM
But don't listen to the "bruh, eat everything in sight" nonsense. Keep it somewhat clean, and judging by your diet you know how to do that.

And judging by his frustration with lack of results, that isn't working.

J Mac0123
03-11-2009, 03:36 PM
thanks for all the help, but now im getting 2 different opinions. Eat everything and everything or continue what im doing. Either one im ganna start eating more anyway i guess.

malkore
03-13-2009, 10:55 AM
well rice cakes are pretty filling for being low in calories. that isn't really what you want on a bulk.

I'd be losing weight on your diet, and I'm not a real big guy.

VikingWarlord
03-13-2009, 11:04 AM
thanks for all the help, but now im getting 2 different opinions. Eat everything and everything or continue what im doing. Either one im ganna start eating more anyway i guess.

Advice I got from someone once was "if what you're doing isn't working, do something else".

It applies to pretty much everything in life.