PDA

View Full Version : White bread vs wheat bread

Mercuryblade
03-10-2009, 11:55 PM
I found this article interesting, the good carb vs. bad carb debate just keeps getting more complicated.
http://www.columbussports.com/content/writers/dan_falkenberg/the-glycemic-index-whole-wheat-conundrum.shtml

So the glycemic index of white bread is about the same as that of wheat bread, looks like I'm eliminating bread altogether from my diet on non-workout days.

beaverfootball
03-11-2009, 08:25 AM
interesting...

I've done something similar. On my non workout days I probably get less than 75-100g of carbs. And most of that is at breakfast anyway with a little at lunch. My workout out days are a different story though... :evillaugh:

Pimpstick
03-11-2009, 08:42 AM
Pretty much common knowledge. Eat the bread, it won't kill you.

RichMcGuire
03-11-2009, 03:19 PM
I prefer natural whole wheat bread simply because it doesnt have high fructose corn syrup in it like white bread does ;)

devongarver
03-11-2009, 08:01 PM
I prefer natural whole wheat bread simply because it doesnt have high fructose corn syrup in it like white bread does ;)

^^im with him!^^

VikingWarlord
03-12-2009, 07:59 AM

I prefer it simply because it's better. It's more texturally pleasing and tastes better.